Help plugging my phone into my tv

Search This thread

harley1rocker

Jan 29, 2012
jemison
I have a 55 in vizio E-series. Why wont the tv recognize my note 3? It reads my usb stick. Is there a way to make my phone read like a usb?
Im running jedi elite.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

harley1rocker

Jan 29, 2012
jemison
Ok. Done. Tv still doesn't recognize, but does recognize usb stick, btw, I bought a sd reader/writer usb adapter it doesn't recognize. Im trying to watch movies I have downloaded to my phone, on my tv. TV is brand new.

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Ok. Done. Tv still doesn't recognize, but does recognize usb stick, btw, I bought a sd reader/writer usb adapter it doesn't recognize. Im trying to watch movies I have downloaded to my phone, on my tv. TV is brand new.

Have you tried using wifi-direct?That may be your only option short of screen mirroring via wifi or dongle.

harley1rocker

Jan 29, 2012
jemison
How do I wifi direct? My tv is a smart tv. Run the wifi on my tv and let phone recognize it?

harley1rocker

Jan 29, 2012
jemison
I dont think its as easy as plugging a usb stick in the tv. My tv reads the usb stick easily. It wont do the same for my phone. Always a complication when u think or should be easy

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
The issue is probably the drivers then. The TV likely has a basic USB driver in it so the USB stick will work, but probably won't allow the phones drivers to install on the TV. So like what was mentioned, if you can't wifi direct or screen mirror (must have Samsung TV for that to be on the TV) you will likely need a Samsung Allcast/Allshare hub. Which in my mind isn't worth it when you can just move them over to a USB stick and watch them from there.

aarongillion63

Apr 13, 2014
Grand Rapids MI
aaron.gillion.io
Theres not a rom or driver or sumthn to fix it?

Where did you get your movies from that you can't access on your smart tv? You should be able to stream them from wherever/whatever app you got them from...unless you got them illegally ;)

But nevertheless, AllCast mentioned above is an option, but I think the better option is to get a TV video adapter for your phone? Why not get an HDMI/MHL cable? Duh! They're cheap, like 10 bucks off ebay. Make sure you have the 10/11-pin adapter, not the 5-pin, in regards of the Note 3.

If screen mirroring isn't your savvy and you want the full HD experience of accessing your videos directly thru usb, there is a way to mount your phone as a usb mass storage rather than MTP, but Samsung (and others) don't allow that capability in their OS's (probably to try to get you to use their stupid Kies software). To work around this you'll need root and a terminal emulator. In terminal enter su and type "setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage". THIS MIGHT REALLY MESS UP YOUR USB & ADB CONFIGURATION. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Really it's not a big deal tho, to revert back use "setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb" and reboot like 3 times until it finally fixes itself.

Hope this helps!

--

Say thanks if this post was useful!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Lorettaa

Feb 5, 2014
iloilo
What's the best format of a video to be played on a TV? I haven't tried this yet. My videos are currently on MP4 format. Thanks!

harley1rocker

Jan 29, 2012
jemison
The videos are playable on anything. So what next? I did the terminal emulator....verbatim. .. nothing happened. My phone didnt slap me in the face or gouge my eyes. However, I didnt plug it into the tv yet. Yes I have allshare.

harley1rocker

Jan 29, 2012
jemison
Thats a big ol negatory big rap. Terminal thingy is a no go. Thanx tho. And duh! I could just push the stuff to my usb and play it. But! I paid for top of the line (note3). It should wipe my a$$. And I have no doubt it will.....one day

harley1rocker

Jan 29, 2012
jemison
No sh!t. I paid for a note 3! Like I say my phone better pleasure me! I to have a large 55in led razor. That I paid tremendously for. It to should wipe my butt.:)

aarongillion63

Apr 13, 2014
Grand Rapids MI
aaron.gillion.io
No sh!t. I paid for a note 3! Like I say my phone better pleasure me! I to have a large 55in led razor. That I paid tremendously for. It to should wipe my butt.:)

Nothing like getting a 15ft cable so that i can watch videos from my phone on my 60" TV 10 to 12 ft away from my lazyboy.

You guys can go complain to Samsung then. Your best bet is Allcast.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

mlock420

Aug 6, 2013
Dude I bought a hdmi mhl adapter for note 3 and I watch bootlegs all day from my phone to tv

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk