Search This thread

mgfjd

Sep 11, 2008
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Confirmation number: 4CC7225788412514M
Great Rom... stable and fast.. I haven't had any random lock ups...Leo 2.5 works great.. Most of the TV links work...
Could you please add the in call volume tweak to your roms?
Finally, I found a Rom and happy using.
Calendar whenever I am in a call takes me to windows calendar instead of Manilla calendar....

james23238

Apr 30, 2008
Eureka
OKay so I've flashed this ROM and the windows side of it is working fine but I extracted the android files to the storage card and when I try booting to android it stay at the loading screen and eventually gets stuck in a lopping part where it says htc acoutistic and it also says after sending volume....seems like some kind of memory loop...but its just never passing this screen. Hopefully that makes sense. If anybody has any suggestions that would be great.

-thank you-

lestat89

Jan 12, 2008
Arras
streak.forumgratuit.fr
It doesn´t, atleast properly and as far as I know it only works 100% in Leo device. You can use it but you have to take a picture using camera, than open the picture you took with Album and set it as Footprint and get the GPS coordinates (to many steps)

It is a waste of space and memory and it may be removed from next version.

BTW, v13 will be the fastest Rom I ever build and the HTC messaging so far did not crash or freeze my device. Cross your fingers!!!

I will probably name DeepShining x1.

Is there any beta testers for x1 ???

I would be happy if I could be a beta tester for your next rom :D

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
Confirmation number: 4CC7225788412514M
Great Rom... stable and fast.. I haven't had any random lock ups...Leo 2.5 works great.. Most of the TV links work...
Could you please add the in call volume tweak to your roms?
Finally, I found a Rom and happy using.
Calendar whenever I am in a call takes me to windows calendar instead of Manilla calendar....

Thanks mate

lestat89

Jan 12, 2008
Arras
streak.forumgratuit.fr
Use this cab... no need to modify the registry :D
I'll vote for you, I try a lot of ROM from ARK_666, NRGZ28 and b16b.. and yours are awesome... no freeze, no bug (don't use voice command ) ?! I really like it.

Thank you but this .cab didn't work with the v12 release.
I've just flashed the v12 RC release and it still doesn't work.
Then the physical keyboard is still QWERTY for me but it is not a big issue !
Always great rom :D

makuk

Feb 2, 2006

Thank you! Works great! BTW this is the fastest rom I've used! I've tried many roms since I've had my TP2 (since Sept) and this is the fastest and so far most stablest rom! Fantastic work! Only thing I don't like is it's not using the latest 6.5.3 where the start menu is at the bottom. I have found that very natural and was used to it. Now I'm trying to adjust back to the Start Button and OK at the top. Hopefully you will have a new version soon with the Start Button and Ok at the bottom!

BTW I'm keeping this version as it so far is the most stable rom I've used! i.e. no ringer issue, no hangs, no missing dialer etc etc!

FYI: the other issues I've encountered with this Rom after using for 1 day are:

1) Powers on and off if Smart Lock on Suspend is enabled (this was already reported). Just switched it off for now.
2) The Contact Favorites: if I remove my Contacts and then add them to another square, it goes back to the original first position even if I've moved it.
3) Restored SMS's via PIM Backup are not ordered by Conversation.
4) The Threaded SMS new UI is slow.

Anyway thanks again for your great work. You've found a convert.

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
v12 feedback

Now ill commit to v13 if this feature would be included

That Leds notifications it is kind of hard to accomplish, but I will see what I can do, no promisses as it is a long shot.

I'd be glad to beta test your roms bro... They have been great for me.

I have a couple requests to consider for upcoming releases... Any chance the IM apps could be left out on the next version or that Beejive IM could be used instead? So far it's the ONLY one that will load my yahoo contacts on windows live messenger. Also Opera 10 is the best browser I've used and one of the things I really like about Energy ROMs. Would it cause any overall performance problems to cook it in instead of Opera 9? If not I'd really like to see it in one of your future ROMs.

Good to see weekly updates going on here and looking forward to future releases. You will be the first chef for Rhodium I am donating to. Thanks for your efforts to give us a basic stable 6.5 ROM with all the features we need.

Beejive and Opera10 are great but are responsable in same cases for the "no ringtone issue". Opera 10 it is still beta and it is a "Ram eater" so I've decided to leave them out. The others IM apps have no impact what so ever.
Thanks a lot.

please do not leave the IM apps out..especially yahoo messenger

Noted.

love this ROM - just missing Threaded email. Is it possible to get this ASAP? Thanks

Threaded email is not packed in WM6.5 Com 2 builds that I use in my Roms and unfortunatly and as far as I know not possible to port. Sad but true. :(

I flashed this rom today.
For windows mobile, it is really nice. However, when I want to try on android, things are not so good. The backlight seems to be set as the lowest, and when i tried to adjust it, android just told me that there is an unexpected error, and I have to close the application.
So, I guess android still not ready for TP2 yet

Thanks anyway

Yes it is ready and working fine ;). Please make sure you download Android Os zip file posted in the #2 and follow the instructions in the same post.

PS: In some cases there are problems with compatible SD Cards and Android. If you need Android support visit the Developers thread and I am sure they will help you better tham myself.

Hi DOT. I've just noticed a little glitch with my phone on v12 RC.

When I receive an SMS, the counter doesn't increment on the Sense home screen.

Email counter works fine... it's just the SMS counter that isn't showing the little green number bubble.

cheers

Mike.

Hi Mike, mine is working well, it must be something that you have installed aftwards that is messing with notifications. Do you remember if you have this issue when you flash the Rom?

OKay so I've flashed this ROM and the windows side of it is working fine but I extracted the android files to the storage card and when I try booting to android it stay at the loading screen and eventually gets stuck in a lopping part where it says htc acoutistic and it also says after sending volume....seems like some kind of memory loop...but its just never passing this screen. Hopefully that makes sense. If anybody has any suggestions that would be great.

-thank you-

The same as above and please guys, and just to be sure, install Android in the root of the SD Card, do not create folders.

Thank you but this .cab didn't work with the v12 release.
I've just flashed the v12 RC release and it still doesn't work.
Then the physical keyboard is still QWERTY for me but it is not a big issue !
Always great rom :D

I am sorry about that. It is very difficult for me to solve these physical Keyboard issues. There are some many types, AT&T, T-Mobile, WWE, Qwerty, Azerty, etc...and thats why HTC makes so many different devices too.

Thanks

TO ALL:

HTC messaging Client definitely does not work even with the new Manila 2.5, if you slide rhodium keyboard it freezes. Lets hope HTC builds an official Manila 2.5 for Rhodium with HTC Messaging Client. So I will use the current Messaging client and the good news is that I fixed the "Reply with MMS". Bad news you still cannot send SMS through Contacts Tab.

I will release a private Beta Rom soon.

Take care

lestat89

Jan 12, 2008
Arras
streak.forumgratuit.fr
I am sorry about that. It is very difficult for me to solve these physical Keyboard issues. There are some many types, AT&T, T-Mobile, WWE, Qwerty, Azerty, etc...and thats why HTC makes so many different devices too.

Don't be sorry ! I understand it's not an easy point to solve :)
You make great rom, it's perfect for me !

An other little bug for me. I flashed the v12 RC since 2pm and the weather of my localisation doesn't update. Don't know why (don't try to check this point, it was just for your information;)).

DaneFTO

Oct 20, 2009
Hi,

I really like this rom, very stable and with a good number of features. Love the dual boot thingy.

Just a couple of suggestions, I hope they are usefull for you? I always used to use Energy Roms but thought I would give this a go and so far am liking it, but there are a couple of things that might make this one really great.

Can you change the left softkey on the home screen to "action" instead of phone? I'm thinking this because you can get to the phone via the hard key.

Can you add a lock phone icon? So it can be added on the home screen quick link rather than having to press start and then lock?

Ermm? Just a thought as well, all the fixes that everyone posts and I think are great by the way, would it be an idea to put them on the 2nd or 3rd post of this thread?

Again, I hope this is of some use. BTW - I've had no problems at all yet, no backlight stuff or anything, volume is very bloody loud! love it!

Just 1 more thing, I know it's not probably the right place, but I love having android to mess around on! I can't beleive I got it working first time and I'm a total nooooob!

However, is anyone else having data problems? I can't seem to logon with my gmail account. Do you also notice there is no sound? And that the battery indicator stays full?

any thoughts?

mgfjd

Sep 11, 2008
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Hi,

Can you change the left softkey on the home screen to "action" instead of phone? I'm thinking this because you can get to the phone via the hard key.

And that the battery indicator stays full?

any thoughts?

Press the power button for the action screen... I like it that way..
Battery indicator is kind of weird around the 100% area.. I am going to try a different radio... using .88 moving to .17
Energy Roms are stable.. but too slow...

cbo02

Jul 9, 2008
Youtube HQ errrrr

All,
I am really confused as to why the youtube HQ video lag is still present.
Is it a driver issue, manilla issue, ??

Are there any know reg tweaks that can be performed ?

Any comments are information is appreciated.

DeepShining V12 is 95% perfect for me.:D
Rhodium_Radio_4.49.25.88 Works great in Chicago Land.

Last edited:

ianderson_76

Feb 13, 2009
Hi,

I really like this rom, very stable and with a good number of features. Love the dual boot thingy.

Just a couple of suggestions, I hope they are usefull for you? I always used to use Energy Roms but thought I would give this a go and so far am liking it, but there are a couple of things that might make this one really great.

Can you add a lock phone icon? So it can be added on the home screen quick link rather than having to press start and then lock?

Ermm? Just a thought as well, all the fixes that everyone posts and I think are great by the way, would it be an idea to put them on the 2nd or 3rd post of this thread?

Again, I hope this is of some use. BTW - I've had no problems at all yet, no backlight stuff or anything, volume is very bloody loud! love it!

Just 1 more thing, I know it's not probably the right place, but I love having android to mess around on! I can't beleive I got it working first time and I'm a total nooooob!

However, is anyone else having data problems? I can't seem to logon with my gmail account. Do you also notice there is no sound? And that the battery indicator stays full?

any thoughts?

Dot, definitely don't change the soft key, this is the one feature I hated in Energy ROM, but I think this can be edited using a software that NRG includes in his ROM, or can be changed in the registry.

If you press the Power button to turn off the screen, does that not lock your device?

Are you using the latest release for Android? My data didn't work either, but I used a 1/24 build (I believe the date is correct).

Last edited:

ianderson_76

Feb 13, 2009
TO ALL:

HTC messaging Client definitely does not work even with the new Manila 2.5, if you slide rhodium keyboard it freezes. Lets hope HTC builds an official Manila 2.5 for Rhodium with HTC Messaging Client. So I will use the current Messaging client and the good news is that I fixed the "Reply with MMS". Bad news you still cannot send SMS through Contacts Tab.

I will release a private Beta Rom soon.

Take care

Man, fix what you can, eveything else people will just have to deal with. These are custom ROMs, that basically are coming from a different phone model, so we know (or at least we should know) EVERY SINGLE THING, will not work. Contacts Tab, ah well, but it can be worked around.

mgfjd

Sep 11, 2008
Fayetteville, Arkansas
I like the fact that stability and functionality are on top of having the latest releases.
I prefer to use my phone without worrying that it is going to crash or something might happen because the software is not compatible.
Performance is excellent too...

I guess I am too tired of flashing and resetting my phone because something is not working right...

By the way, pocketnow.com has the picture of your rom posted on its webpage

Thanks for a great ROM

SilverCity

Jan 17, 2010
I have trialed this ROM for a few days and quite like it. Please forgive me if iv'e overlooked it earlier, but has anyone else had an issue with the screen only staying on for just a few seconds?
All backlight settings etc have been changed to longest possible. However, the problem remains.

Any clues?

*****This issue seems to have resolved after a hard reset. But now my local weather doesn't update. I am still interested if this has occured to anyone else to see if it's anything that I might have done.
great ROM though. cheers

Last edited:

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
Is the x1 series going to be based off of the 24xxx builds and the new Sense builds?

Half true, it will be based on 21890 Microsoft build that in my opinion it is the most stable and fastest when cooked together with Manila, and the latest HTC Manila 2.5.20113030 which is btw fastest that the previous version.

Dot, definitely don't change the soft key, this is the one feature I hated in Energy ROM, but I think this can be edited using a software that NRG includes in his ROM, or can be changed in the registry.

If you press the Power button to turn off the screen, does that not lock your device?

Are you using the latest release for Android? My data didn't work either, but I used a 1/24 build (I believe the date is correct).

I think you are missing an important feature in this Rom. If you press the power button once it will go on standby and lock your device, but if you hold the power button for a couple of seconds it will bring up a Action screen with 12 very usefull shortcuts.

Have you tried this? ;)

I like the fact that stability and functionality are on top of having the latest releases.
I prefer to use my phone without worrying that it is going to crash or something might happen because the software is not compatible.
Performance is excellent too...

I guess I am too tired of flashing and resetting my phone because something is not working right...

By the way, pocketnow.com has the picture of your rom posted on its webpage

Thanks for a great ROM

Well is good to know that pocketnow.com has mentioned my Rom. Thanks

To all:

The next Rom will be coded as X1 and so far this is the change log:

1. WM6.5 21890
  2. HTC Sense 2.5.20113030
  3. A new version of Opera 9.7
  4. Snooze option Alarm tweak - the current rom does not have a snooze option, with X1 you will be able to snooze the alarm 5 minutes, 10 minutes etc...
  5. And I am developing a feature in DeepShining X1 that will allow you to use the Rhodium ZoomBar in a way that you never did before. I do not know why HTC did not Introduce this feature, if I can do it I dont find any reason for them not to.

Take care and stay focus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, almost forgot about the Thanks button that only a few deepshining users are using. Joe Bleau made me thinking and I will probably use my Thanks Meter as a reference to release a new ROM. This said, my next goal is 100 thanks and at this moment 69 thanks are missing.

This will probably be the end of deepshining development. :D:D:D
    Hi guys,

There are almost 2000 downloads since ROMs were released last friday and I am just curious to know if battery life is worst or better with X14.

Could you please provide some feedback.

Thanks
    dot
    X14 released for Sense, Touchstone and CHT ROMs

Hi guys,

A lot of a hard work but it is finally here:

2-Apr-2011: DeepShining X14.28245.Touchstone & Sense & CHT details:

. WinMo 28245.
    . New drivers from RHOD 2.10. (tentative to fix SOD that some users reported).
    . HTC Peep Security update (twitter).
    . Youtube sound fixed and a BIG thanks to WildChild.
    . Tentative to fix the Chinese display support.
    . Fixed some missing features in Total Commander.
    . New Power Management tweaks to extend battery life even further.
    . Improved perfomance.
    . HTC Packages updated.
    . Removed .Sincity Theme (for now) from the Co0kie ROM.

Latest ROMs - DOWNLOAD HERE

Have fun
    dot
    It's quite incredible that you have only a Thanks Meter of 30 @ the present. :confused: Come on guys, click the Thanks button on some of dotcompt's posts. If you don't see the Thanks button next to Quote then check bottom left of this page and switch to the XDA 2010 UI instead of the XDA Classic. This said, some have a high score in part because of tag teams like in the NRG Rhodium thread for example.

I have been testing the DeepShining X14.28245.Sense on my spare Tilt 2 since a couple of days & it's fast & fluid. Thanks dotcompt for your continuous development of ROMs for our Rhodiums! :cool:

This said there are a few things that bugged me so here are some fixes that could be integrated in the nextROMs:

Autolock on screen turning off: that is a major annoyance IMO. I don't need the phone to auto lock all the time when it's lying on my desk. I searched for a switch or app to enable/disable in Start but could not find any. After searching the thread: auto lock returns 12 results, autolock returns 16 and lock returns 220 with a bunch of registry tweak fixes but that's not viable to disable/enable on the fly.

It turns out that it's the LockDevice V1.6 by Daniel Herrero rey that is cooked currently but w/o the GUI link to change the settings. Using Total Commander, I found the LockDeviceGUI.lnk in phone/Windows and copied it to Start but I got an error on running it. The solution was to download the LockDevice_V1.6.CAB from Herrero's thread Et voilà! A new LockDevice link in Start Menu and no more swiping to unlock every few minutes. :) Maybe it should be disabled by default w/ info in the FAQ's about the LockDevice GUI app?

Next, looking in the Start Menu, I saw the bland File Explorer and then in Tools an other File Explorer but with the logo of the awesome Total Commander. :confused: And when adding a quicklink on Home or Programs tabs, one can see the same thing in the popup program list choices.

So, using said Total Commander (a.k.a. Tools/"File Explorer" or "Explorer" on the Action screen): > navigate to Windows > Start Menu > Tools > tap & hold "File Explorer" & rename it to the proper Total Commander. After doing that, while still in TC, move the link to Start\Programs so you can put it next to File Explorer. I use TC 20 times a day so no reason to mislabel it and hide it in Tools IMO. ;) I made a small cab that changes the TC icon to a better one found in the ROM in the same style as the one for the File Explorer. Just copy the cab to memory card & run from there AFTER renaming the link.

The Call History metro style icon on the slider bar really clashes with the rest and it's smack in the middle by default so after some research, it turns out that the files in this ROM for that tab are:

6BECE1ED_manila, 13C88F06_manila, 17148F3B_manila and 461884d8_manila.

I extracted only them from theuser's Slider Tab Icons Pack cab and cabbed them for your convenience. Those blue book/phone/history icon files are in this ROM's Windows directory but their name was shortened by 1 digit so that clashing metro thing could take it's place. :confused:

Finally, the cooked bnm7bnm's Colored HTC Comm Manager tab + 11 Buttons has nice color icons but for some reasons the slider switch are RED when turned off. An eyesore and it attracts the eye on stuff that's turned off. :confused: So I made an other simple cab to fix this. BTW it would be nice to have the same style of colored icons (for consistency & fast visual identification) in the Slider > Settings tab. ;)

Thanks for your feedback mate, your post was very usefull and I will make some changes in a future update taking your review in consideration.
    i reflashed and now it works perfect, no more terminating my data connection when i press the end key
    Now if Dot could get youtube working with High Quality videos and sound, that'd be the last rom i'd flash on my tilt2:D

Thanks to a awesome help from a XDA Member I finally fixed the Youtube sound problem.

Working on X14...It will be a blast.