No sms tone after tweak 24 - HELP!!

Search This thread

jonbaker76

Feb 9, 2010
My led only flashes for 5 mins onm a missed call or text and the option to make it longer is greyed out. This tweak lets you adjust the length of time it flashed for:

24. Enable LED Notification Setting in Sound and Notifications
If you want your LED to flash when you have a new message, missed call or voicemail.. well you can't as it is greyed out. However the following registry entries can be modified to enable them or use the cab at end of post. Reset after changes. Notifcation for Email sadly does not work

New Message:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
"AvailableOptions"=dword: change to 15

Missed Call:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D660-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

Voice Mail:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D661-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

After changing the sms to flash for 60 minutes i no longer have a tone or vibrate when i get a txt :(

i have uninstalled the cab i used to apply the above tweak but still no joy. Done numerous soft resets and checked system volume and all the obvious options. Even after uninstalling, the missed call option is greyed out but that has remained on 60 minutes.

Can someone help me out here. What is the dword value for AVAILABLE OPTIONS without this tweak please? it's on 11 at the mo so i'm hoping that's not the standard number and i can change it to what it was before i fiddled.

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
The SMS tone can be set without using that tweak, as can the LED as it's on by default...don't see the point of that tweak tbh

jonbaker76

Feb 9, 2010
The SMS tone can be set without using that tweak, as can the LED as it's on by default...don't see the point of that tweak tbh

i wanted to extend the duration the led flashes for. the option is set to 5 mins and is greyed out, that's why i did it. Wish i hadn't bothered now, hard reset time :mad:

Jan 28, 2009
similar but different :)

Hi guys,

I have an SMS related problem that I am hoping you can help me sort out.

Just recently I have stopped receiving sms messages from one contact (my Wife). I get a message tone and the sms logo come up on top bar to indicate that I have a message but it does not appear in the message box. This started happening just a couple of days ago. It doesn't happen with anyone else (no laughing).

I have an HD2; OS 5.2.23569; Manilla 2.5.201; ROM Duttys Holy Grail; Radio 2.12.50

I cooked the rom weeks ago so i cannot believe that is a problem.

Any help very much appreciated :)