[Nook HD/HD+] EMMC CM11 install - updated 11/29

Search This thread

D000XXX

Jan 31, 2010
Quick notice: succulents Rom did not allow me to install certificates. I haven't checked this one yet but I'll report back as soon as I do.

Classpro

Jul 25, 2009
I wish the first page had mentioned that the zips have to be installed to the internal SD. I installed to the external SD, wiped by system, and couldn't install anything. I'm restoring backup now - hopefully I will be able to boot, move the files, erase system, and try again. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reed-Sternberg

Apr 6, 2010
Neverland
It's on the todo list, but cwm was easier to make at first (as in, next to zero effort)

Yes, this has TRIM-enabled kernel, though I have not decided if I should do it for the official releases.
Have there been any more bricks with the trim-fixed kernels in the past couple of months?

I guess yes, once there are official nightlies again. But I want to make sure it's at least of adequate quality before enabling that.

Great to see you back man! I've been following the cm 10.2 thread very closely and been using the trim kernel myself (quite a handful of us did). No issues reported whatsoever.
Looking forward to your awesome work!

verygreen

Feb 13, 2011
TN
linuxhacker.ru
I wish the first page had mentioned that the zips have to be installed to the internal SD. I installed to the external SD, wiped by system, and couldn't install anything. I'm restoring backup now - hopefully I will be able to boot, move the files, erase system, and try again. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Actually both kinds are available. for internal and for sdcard install.

psycho_asylum

Jul 10, 2012
Hello! I have a Nook HD and I haven't been able to figure this out from searching. I finally flashed CWM from the first post to the device instead of using the SD card every time, and I'm getting this error when trying to flash any zips: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "hummingbird"

Is there an easy way to fix that? I found one where it suggests removing the assert line from one of the scripts in the zip file but that sounds like overkill.

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Hello! I haven't been able to figure this out from searching. I finally flashed CWM from the first post to the device instead of using the SD card every time, and I'm getting this error when trying to flash any zips: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "hummingbird"

Is there an easy way to fix that? I found one where it suggests removing the assert line from one of the scripts in the zip file but that sounds like overkill.
Don't do that! Never remove an assert! It is there to protect you. It means you downloaded the wrong zip. Hummingbird is for the HD. You want the one that says ovation for the HD+.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

psycho_asylum

Jul 10, 2012
Don't do that! Never remove an assert! It is there to protect you. It means you downloaded the wrong zip. Hummingbird is for the HD. You want the one that says ovation for the HD+.

But I have an HD. I've been flashing hummingbird zips from the SD card recovery for almost two months with no issues until I tried the new recovery. I can't get it to load from the SD card anymore for some reason.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
But I have an HD. I've been flashing hummingbird zips from the SD card recovery for almost two months with no issues until I tried the new recovery. I can't get it to load from the SD card anymore for some reason.
Did you flash the right recovery? Maybe you flashed the ovation recovery. The recovery is what the assert checks against.

verygreen

Feb 13, 2011
TN
linuxhacker.ru
Did you flash the right recovery? Maybe you flashed the ovation recovery. The recovery is what the assert checks against.
The thing is, recovery for ovation would not even start on hummingbird, so I am not sure how this is possible.

Hm... My copy of installzip that I tested with seems to be different from what I uploaded, I wonder if a wrong ramdisk was attached, let me investigate that angle.

psycho_asylum

Jul 10, 2012
The thing is, recovery for ovation would not even start on hummingbird, so I am not sure how this is possible.

Hm... My copy of installzip that I tested with seems to be different from what I uploaded, I wonder if a wrong ramdisk was attached, let me investigate that angle.

Thanks, I'll stop messing with it until I hear back.

verygreen

Feb 13, 2011
TN
linuxhacker.ru

psycho_asylum

Jul 10, 2012
Hm, ok, so after some investigation it seems that the update-binary I have in the cwm zips is too old, or something, so it returns empty string for product device when run from within new CWM itself.

But cm11 install itself still works for me.

I uploaded updated cwm recovery zips:
ovation recovery image (CWM)
hummingbird recovery image (CWM)

Thanks for that build, I was able to flash that zip with no problems. However, when I tried to flash the newest official nightly for CM10.2, it gives the assert failed. Is that just something that happens with 10.2?

asksmity

Jun 24, 2007
Working wonderfully! Good job.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts