PTT for free !!!! LoudTalks.com

Search This thread

nhvoltagenh

Oct 17, 2008
Kitchener
www.thewebstation.ws
Hey

Not sure if this is even the right place to post this.

but i wanted to share a program I was recently introduced to.

Free PTT for any Windows mobile phone.

Works with;
mobile to mobile
mobile to pc
pc to pc

Uses wifi and data.

And it even chirps just like nextel ;)

http://www.loudtalks.com/

Look for Lite

we have set up a support forum for this over at www.skinzone.org
and the support team at loudtalks is keeping an eye on it.

now this is still in beta, but works damn good for just beta.

Screen Shots

PPC
szlt1.png

PC
szltpc.png

tbiddie

Jul 24, 2007
Does the person on the other end need LoudTalk loaded as well. Do you have to have a PTT button or can i map to another button.

drew2000

Dec 4, 2007
Likin it! Thanks Volt

I also can verify that it is working nicely, a few glitches to work out all in good time. I used HButton to remap the program so when minimized it comes up, then on my wizard I use the center on the d pad and hold while I talk then release. Just like nextel, bit slower but free, what can I say! You have to (sender and receiver) both be set up on the system to communicate but that doesn't take too long to get set up. Put the word out and we can all help work out the kinks so this system can run smoothly.:D Remeber before you lauch you must already be connected to the internet. Andason is also correct, if you leave it open then you would not have to do any mapping at all as the program uses the select button on your phone. If it is a different button on your phone it will not be difficult to find by trial and error. Remapping isn't that difficult and HButton is a free program, works great...................Later.

Last edited:

drew2000

Dec 4, 2007
Hey Voltage?

Hey Voltage do you know how a person with a touch screen only (no hardware buttons) can utilize this great software. Is there an issue because of the lack of a default hardware button to access?

thuhcooler1

Nov 28, 2008
im excited man ive been waiting on somethin really cool to come and it just felt like wm was at a stand still but im happy my chirp is the_cool feel free to hit me up xda guys

unknown123456

Mar 21, 2007
Great application. Works on Wifi with obvious delay. It did work with the T-mobile proxy plan but was obviously slow and unusable.

Last edited:

meth0dGSX

Dec 14, 2008
Ok, been messing a bit with this, dosent work when installed to storage card for me i dont even get an icon, and i cant add any contacts with it installed to device or add a group all i see is echo which is myself...what am i doing wrong i cant find any info on it

****edit*** NM i guess u have to install the desktop app to add people, which i dont understand at all, so i guess whoever you want to PTT has to have this installed also with an account, i guess i can see some fuctionality, but i wont be using this personally most people i know wont use this type of app

Last edited:

nhvoltagenh

Oct 17, 2008
Kitchener
www.thewebstation.ws
Ok, been messing a bit with this, dosent work when installed to storage card for me i dont even get an icon, and i cant add any contacts with it installed to device or add a group all i see is echo which is myself...what am i doing wrong i cant find any info on it

****edit*** NM i guess u have to install the desktop app to add people, which i dont understand at all, so i guess whoever you want to PTT has to have this installed also with an account, i guess i can see some fuctionality, but i wont be using this personally most people i know wont use this type of app

this has been addressed and is being fixed.

please look at the skinzone forum linked above.

drew2000

Dec 4, 2007
new cab for LoudTalks

There is a new release of the program here, many bugs have been addressed. If you are an existing user of "LoudTalks" then after loading the cab when the box comes up to enter new usernames and password just hit cancel in the botom right corner and then the boxes for existing users comes up. Enter in your username and password and you will be up and running.:D

http://www.skinzone.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31&start=20