[KERNEL][AOSP][4.2.2] 4Aces updated 6/04

Search This thread

Teufel Hunden

Mar 7, 2012
Ventura Co., CA
Re: [KERNEL][WIP][4.2.2] 4Aces

Thanks for your efforts too! This kernel has been running wonderfully with Jamie's rom on my Note, nothing but pure buttery smoothness.

All I'd like is voltage control, which github says you've already authored, so I'll assume it'll be in the next build? I don't care about overclocking either but undervolting is a great way to save some precious battery juice.

Regardless, thanks again :)

#19 has voltage control

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! 4.2.2 JB!

Reactions: Anthony820

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

So when you enable fast charge with this ROM in settings>advanced with this kernel it charges faster? Just want to be sure. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Wintersdark

Jun 29, 2012
So when you enable fast charge with this ROM in settings>advanced with this kernel it charges faster? Just want to be sure. :)

Assuming you're changing with a charger capable of putting out that much current. Not all chargers can- read the label on it, should say output:5v and an amperage, typically either in milliamps (mA) or amps (A).

Standard USB charging is 500mA (0.5A), fast charge can pull up to about 1500mA or so (I'm not sure how much the Note can pull).

Note that some crappy chargers will put out around 400mA or less, leading to realllllllly slow charging regardless of your kernel and settings.

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

Assuming you're changing with a charger capable of putting out that much current. Not all chargers can- read the label on it, should say output:5v and an amperage, typically either in milliamps (mA) or amps (A).

Standard USB charging is 500mA (0.5A), fast charge can pull up to about 1500mA or so (I'm not sure how much the Note can pull).

Note that some crappy chargers will put out around 400mA or less, leading to realllllllly slow charging regardless of your kernel and settings.

Will the stock charger plugged into the wall charge fast?

scariola

Nov 15, 2009
Sandy Eggo, CA

I just checked the charger and it said 1.0A so what does that mean for me?p
That means you find a quality USB cable and it should fast charge if kernel supported and enabled in rom. 1.0 amp is the standard for all new smart phones.

Tablets and such are a different story. Anything under 1.0 amp is abysmally slow at charging on smart phones.

Wintersdark

Jun 29, 2012
I just checked the charger and it said 1.0A so what does that mean for me?

That your phone will charge at twice the speed it would without fast charge. Your Note has a 2500 mAh battery, so charging at 1.0A means it should charge fully in roughly 2.5 hours - somewhat longer given charging inefficiencies and ongoing power use while charging, but you get the idea.

Without fast charge, at standard USB rates, you'd need 5 hours to fully charge.

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

That your phone will charge at twice the speed it would without fast charge. Your Note has a 2500 mAh battery, so charging at 1.0A means it should charge fully in roughly 2.5 hours - somewhat longer given charging inefficiencies and ongoing power use while charging, but you get the idea.

Without fast charge, at standard USB rates, you'd need 5 hours to fully charge.

That's awesome! Thanks so much for your knowledge! I usually turn my note off while charging so maybe even a 2 two charge! Thanks so much.

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

Does anyone know if this kernel is compatible with flappjaxx's B8?

riassan

Jan 6, 2008
Pennsylvania

It is what it is...

a WIP.. boots, runs pretty smooth, has some governors and schedulers to play with. Based on CyanogenMod Sources.

I don't update my post very much, so follow the github or check the upload directory for update...

if you pull a douchebag move and report my thread like you did jamies, ill just stop posting new builds..

The kernels named as 41g-4Acesv#-DATE.zip are the major versions and will coincide with Jamie's rom releases, and will always be compatible with his ROMs.

The kernels named as 41g-4Aces-#-DATE.zip are development kernels, and are synced to the very latest repos, and will be compatible with the very latest nightlies, and maybe any other 4.2.2 roms, including Jamie's.

The apk in the directory is a replacement Advanced settings app I wrote that includes the option to enable fast charging. If you are on Jamie's ROM you don't need it, any other CM based release you will need to push it /system/app/ to use it.

Downloads:
http://chris41g.devphone.org/index.php?dir=CM/quincyatt/kernel/

Sources:
http://github.com/chris41g

Link to Jamie's Rom:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2141236

Link to CM:
http://www.cyanogenmod.org

And their source, should you feel so inclined:
http://github.com/CyanogenMod/

And the original source:
https://android.googlesource.com/

And some extra **** to fill space:
http://aosp.chris41g.org

Everyone here my man Chris is a great dev and had brought some magnificent products to the Android world. I have used his work on other devices some published, some not, actually even some that ran better then the released version by some roms. Believe me you guys are in for a real treat. He is a stand up guy and dev, I can vouch for him. :D:D:D:D:D

No more boost bro? ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

I flashed this kernel on top of flapps build #8 and it seems that in settings>advanced fast charge is not there anymore? Can anyone help?

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
Flashed on Jellybeer 4.2.2 (v3.5.7)...... looks OK so far, so thanks !! :):)

A question about fast charge? I pushed the app and enabled fast charge. But how do I know its fast charging ?:confused: Is there an app that shows 1. the INPUT mA and 2. whether "fast" or "slow"

Much appreciate any help !

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009

Everyone here my man Chris is a great dev and had brought some magnificent products to the Android world. I have used his work on other devices some published, some not, actually even some that ran better then the released version by some roms. Believe me you guys are in for a real treat. He is a stand up guy and dev, I can vouch for him. :D:D:D:D:D

No more boost bro? ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks.. And yea I still have all my sprint phones on boost for development..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009

Flashed on Jellybeer 4.2.2 (v3.5.7)...... looks OK so far, so thanks !! :):)

A question about fast charge? I pushed the app and enabled fast charge. But how do I know its fast charging ?:confused: Is there an app that shows 1. the INPUT mA and 2. whether "fast" or "slow"

Much appreciate any help !

There are some apps and widgets on the play store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts