[Q] AOKP updates

Search This thread

Natherul

Nov 23, 2011
Stockholm
www.tue.nu
Hey all!

If you already got AOKP installed and flash a newer version, is there any way for one to keep all settings and homescreens?
I just did a update and got all setting pretty much except that I had to log into my google account again and that my homescreen was completely reset. Or was that just poossibly because I did not reflash gapps on the first launch of the system (as I did not think it was needed)?

thanks in beforehand

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hey all!

If you already got AOKP installed and flash a newer version, is there any way for one to keep all settings and homescreens?
I just did a update and got all setting pretty much except that I had to log into my google account again and that my homescreen was completely reset. Or was that just poossibly because I did not reflash gapps on the first launch of the system (as I did not think it was needed)?

thanks in beforehand

Depending what launcher you are using some offer back up and restore. If you are taking about aokp settings, aokp backup is in the play store.

Reactions: Natherul

Natherul

Nov 23, 2011
Stockholm
www.tue.nu
the AOKP settings from ROM Control seemed to have survived, the launcher is the one that comes with AOKP, stock? And I dont know if theres a backup function of that one....

Fahrenheit

Apr 4, 2008
Does AOKP Backup also backup settings (like screen timeout, system sounds, etc.) or only options set in ROM Control?

Natherul

Nov 23, 2011
Stockholm
www.tue.nu
I believe its only for the ROM Control settings, but I might be wrong.

I mean it does state:
This application will backup your settings from ROM Control so you can easily restore them in-between wipes or just so you can change settings around and get back to your original setup.
On the play store. If they would backup more settings I think they would advertise about it :D

Reactions: Fahrenheit

Romanbb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
Just FYI : it's not setup for kitkat, and we will eventually integrate aokp backup into aokp natively during kitkat sometime.

But if you wanna still throw a few bucks my way by purchasing the app (while it's still up in the play store) I wouldn't say no......

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit

Apr 4, 2008
I just dusted down some paypals on aokp.co for the continued Galaxy Nexus love. Cheers!

FYI I use Nova Launcher and it has a dope backup/restore feature for home screens. I've been using the same layout for almost 2 years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcLandis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all!

thanks in beforehand

Depending what launcher you are using some offer back up and restore. If you are taking about aokp settings, aokp backup is in the play store.
    I believe its only for the ROM Control settings, but I might be wrong.

I mean it does state:
    This application will backup your settings from ROM Control so you can easily restore them in-between wipes or just so you can change settings around and get back to your original setup.
    On the play store. If they would backup more settings I think they would advertise about it :D
    Just FYI : it's not setup for kitkat, and we will eventually integrate aokp backup into aokp natively during kitkat sometime.

But if you wanna still throw a few bucks my way by purchasing the app (while it's still up in the play store) I wouldn't say no......

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I just dusted down some paypals on aokp.co for the continued Galaxy Nexus love. Cheers!

FYI I use Nova Launcher and it has a dope backup/restore feature for home screens. I've been using the same layout for almost 2 years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk