[Q] Difference between P6 and Mate?

Search This thread

IngmarGuillaume

Dec 23, 2012
This forum topic is dedicated to the P6 and Mate, so obviously they have to be somehow "compatible", otherwise it wouldn't be a shared topic.

In what way are they similar (I can also read the tech specs, so that's not what I mean)? I'm actually referring to the pending 4.4.2 release for the P6, while nobody mentions the same upgrade for the Mate. Is anything like that coming? Is the release of the P6 4.4.2 a lead-in to the same release for the Mate?

:confused: I'm also a bit confused on the developer section of this forum. Again, in the Mate topic, almost everything deals with the P6.

Anyone care to explain to a Huawei Mate owner who desperately needs >= 4.3 to do some experimenting with BLE?

TIA all

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
Basically, all you have is the Mate Development section.

There is however some shared projects since the hardware is so alike, like Cyanogenmod.

At the moment, no 4.3 for Mate nor P6.

We wouldn't know if you guys are getting kitkat since the Chinese are a bit puzzling when it comes to dates or manuals.

But I am sure once we got official kitkat for P6, someone could port it over. I am pretty sure I'll be able to, problem is I don't have a device nor the confidence to ask someone else to test my untested work.

Reactions: IngmarGuillaume

IngmarGuillaume

Dec 23, 2012
Basically, all you have is the Mate Development ....

Thx PulseDroid, partly answers my question.

I was referring to this thread: 4.4.2 KitKat beta for P6.

So basically, it seems P6 is getting straight into 4.4 (skipping 4.3). And hence my question was: if P6 and Mate are so alike, when and if at all, can we expect this for the Mate?

I am not necessarily in need of a custom ROM (although I have installed several ones in my Xperia Neo days), I just want the BLE integrated into the Mate to work (which it can not until 4.3).

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
We wouldn't know if you guys are getting Kitkat since the Chinese are a bit puzzling when it comes to dates or manuals.

We don't know. - Most likely but there is no evidence for us to be certain.

Yes the P6 is skipping 4.3. - Most devices did this, a lot of the more well known manufactures also did this.

So, we don't know when / if you will get 4.4.x for the Mate. - But even if not, Developers here on XDA might be able to port it over to the Mate.

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Mate will most likely get it. I remember reading that there were a couple of phones besides P6, that was promised to get update to Emui2.0 (assuming that they bring Android 4.4 with Emui2.0, and not just emui2.0), and i remember the P2 and A199 included among it. Im not sure Mate was named but it most likely would be part of the batch to get update. Yet note that since P6 is Huawei's "flagship", the P6 gets updates sooner. And since the specs are nearly same then i guess they are first waiting to get a stable release on P6 and then move it to other phones like Mate, Honor 3, D2, that all use similar chip.

Reactions: IngmarGuillaume

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Basically, all you have is the Mate Development section.

There is however some shared projects since the hardware is so alike, like Cyanogenmod.

At the moment, no 4.3 for Mate nor P6.

We wouldn't know if you guys are getting kitkat since the Chinese are a bit puzzling when it comes to dates or manuals.

But I am sure once we got official kitkat for P6, someone could port it over. I am pretty sure I'll be able to, problem is I don't have a device nor the confidence to ask someone else to test my untested work.
    Mate will most likely get it. I remember reading that there were a couple of phones besides P6, that was promised to get update to Emui2.0 (assuming that they bring Android 4.4 with Emui2.0, and not just emui2.0), and i remember the P2 and A199 included among it. Im not sure Mate was named but it most likely would be part of the batch to get update. Yet note that since P6 is Huawei's "flagship", the P6 gets updates sooner. And since the specs are nearly same then i guess they are first waiting to get a stable release on P6 and then move it to other phones like Mate, Honor 3, D2, that all use similar chip.