[CM7][UNOFFICIAL][NOV10] temasek's UNOFFICIAL BUILD 135.4 - FINAL RELEASE

Search This thread

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Still black.

Possibly is because the way I download cuz the way we save images can cause a loss of transparency. If it isn't too trouble for u can u zip it up instead?

I'll try when I'm home.

Anyone got tonyp's image as transparent?

I just need to know which format the images are needed to keep transparency. Apperently png doesn't work. Could anyone send me the peeping android background file then I could create the temasek ones accordingly.
Or I'll go and flash your #99 at saturday and check it out.

Reactions: temasek

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
Still black.

Possibly is because the way I download cuz the way we save images can cause a loss of transparency. If it isn't too trouble for u can u zip it up instead?

I'll try when I'm home.

Anyone got tonyp's image as transparent?

Yep, they're transparent when I download them. Attaching them to this post...

Attachments

• Peeping_Temasek.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 14

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
I just need to know which format the images are needed to keep transparency. Apperently png doesn't work. Could anyone send me the peeping android background file then I could create the temasek ones accordingly.
Or I'll go and flash your #99 at saturday and check it out.

U can't extract from the rom (I think). I'll send u the files when I'm home.

Thanks for your effort.

Reactions: imars99

xdaslade

Mar 3, 2012
ottawa
Is there any way I can improve the GPS accuracy (with this ROM)? I'm using Sportypal to track running workouts, which I also did on my old HTC Desire, only then it had way better GPS accuracy.

A lot of people talk about hidden assisted GPS settings in the Optimus 2x, but I don't know how to access these hidden features with this custom ROM. Is there a way of doing this? Or is assisted GPS used by default in this ROM? With the "GPS Test" app, I download the latest assisted GPS data before a workout, but it doesn't seem to help, whereas it helped very well on my old Android phone.

Thanks!

Many factors involved in GPS fix and accuracy. For my p990 I need to make sure phone has cellular connection then fix is quick. As the a-gps helps locate sats for full fix. However cloud cover, trees and buildings can really mess with accuracy.

All that to say that this rom has nothing to do with GPS issues and has worked very well for me.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA

Last edited:

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
Many factors involved in GPS fix and accuracy. For my p990 I need to make sure phone has cellular connection then fix is quick. As the a-gps helps locate sats for full fix. However cloud cover, trees and buildings can really mess with accuracy.

All that to say that this rom has nothing to do with GPS issues and has worked very well for me.

Since the beginning when I got this phone for cheap a few weeks ago, I haven't tried any other ROM but Cyanogen, so I don't know if there are accuracy problems with the default ROM. The difference in accuracy between my old HTC Desire, and this phone (perhaps not due to the ROM), is just too big. I'm not talking about incidental inaccuracy, and I don't suffer from "GPS spikes". It's just way more off to each side of where I run. I've noticed this over the course of more than 6 runs, clear sky's, etc. Also, the routes are the same as I ran with my old phone, so it should be a good comparison. Perhaps the GPS receiver is just crappier than that of the good 'ol Desire.. I do have a quick fix though.

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Yep, they're transparent when I download them. Attaching them to this post...

Transparent while viewing in a file explorer / image viewer or actually transparent when applying as notification background?

U can't extract from the rom (I think). I'll send u the files when I'm home.

Thanks for your effort.

You're welcome. I tried to find the image within the zip, but it's not there. Merged into some framework file I guess.

xdaslade

Mar 3, 2012
ottawa
Since the beginning when I got this phone for cheap a few weeks ago, I haven't tried any other ROM but Cyanogen, so I don't know if there are accuracy problems with the default ROM. The difference in accuracy between my old HTC Desire, and this phone (perhaps not due to the ROM), is just too big. I'm not talking about incidental inaccuracy, and I don't suffer from "GPS spikes". It's just way more off to each side of where I run. I've noticed this over the course of more than 6 runs, clear sky's, etc. Also, the routes are the same as I ran with my old phone, so it should be a good comparison. Perhaps the GPS receiver is just crappier than that of the good 'ol Desire.. I do have a quick fix though.

Yeah reciever quality probably makes a big difference. Try some runs with Google tracks to see if plots are any better.

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
Yeah reciever quality probably makes a big difference. Try some runs with Google tracks to see if plots are any better.

Yeah, thought of that too... I'm gonna try it. Thanks..
The sound is horrible too by the way, compared with the old phone. Haha. Even with optimized DSP settings..

Last edited:

mrgian

Mar 16, 2012
Davao City
when playing a video, its not in full screen. im using the stock camera app. is there anyway to make it on full screen?

CVonV

Mar 7, 2010
Sydney
awesome work temmy! transparent status bar and dropdown working all good under Go Launcher for me :)
my only issue is, when the phone is locked.. the status bar part is still fully transparent and not darkened like the rest of the screen

looking forward to a kernel update from you.. and would also like a cm9 screenie backport if there is such a commit :D

Last edited:

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
Hi,

Comming from Miui, (Wajkui) because phone was so slow :S got fedup of Miui. So I am trying Cm7 and for the time being it is awsome and very fast :)

I have some question if anyone can help.

1- I was able to restore everything (my data) except SMS, I tried Titanium backup with no luck, I tried nandroid backup with Appextractor, and no luck still no sms in the app. If i restore App+data with appextractor i get forcloses :( have to re flash the rom) I was not able to back with SMS backup app as i didnot have wireless internet at that time and that stupid app dont do backup without Google sync :S

2- I installed Pdroid versionn, but where are the options to manage those permisions ? i dont see anything in settifs, except in Cyanogen setting which i think is not the same.

3- Is kernel comming with the Rom itself is more recenet or I have to flash that 27/04 kernel ?

4- Anyone can point me to the link where i can get CMW flashable Roboto font ? cnat seem to find the thread :(

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Hi,

Comming from Miui, (Wajkui) because phone was so slow :S got fedup of Miui. So I am trying Cm7 and for the time being it is awsome and very fast :)

1- I was able to restore everything (my data) except SMS, I tried Titanium backup with no luck, I tried nandroid backup with Appextractor, and no luck still no sms in the app. If i restore App+data with appextractor i get forcloses :( have to re flash the rom) I was not able to back with SMS backup app as i didnot have wireless internet at that time and that stupid app dont do backup without Google sync :S

2- I installed Pdroid versionn, but where are the options to manage those permisions ? i dont see anything in settifs, except in Cyanogen setting which i think is not the same.

3- Is kernel comming with the Rom itself is more recenet or I have to flash that 27/04 kernel ?

4- Anyone can point me to the link where i can get CMW flashable Roboto font ? cnat seem to find the thread :(

2. Install the pdroid app from play store.

3. The kernel in the rom is 100% stock cm kernel. The 2704 I believe u referring to my kernel which is basically stock cm kernel with a few additions. Its your choice.

4. Roboto fonts available in my mediafire folder.

hadi_rena

Sep 1, 2011
Bandung
Hi,

Hmm try 3rd party app for sms backup. First restore old rom and installed sms backup program (Go SMS or anything). Then back to CM7 and installed same sms backup app and restored it. Use stock SMS app

Maybe can help

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
one more question, I didnot saw the notes app with this Rom, i tried to restore from titanium backup, but i can not open it, i get foreclose :( Do you have any idea why ?

thanks

Top Liked Posts