s2 GT-i9100 mass storage

Search This thread

h0shie

Jun 5, 2014
hi guys can someone please help me... my galaxy s2 cant be recognize by my desktop the problem is i tried everything installed kies, updated it to it's latest software, then manually installed samung drivers, tried other cables, but still no luck... right now i can only connect my s2 in kies via wifi... please someone help me,,, :(

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Test on another PC, and if that doesn't work - replace USB board - look for Keithross39's guide in General (search for 'replacing USB charger board'), has all the info you need to get this done yourself quickly/easily/cheaply (~US$10).

h0shie

Jun 5, 2014
Test on another PC, and if that doesn't work - replace USB board - look for Keithross39's guide in General (search for 'replacing USB charger board'), has all the info you need to get this done yourself quickly/easily/cheaply (~US$10).

thanks for the reply sir... that's the only thing left out for me to do... to try my device to another desktop or loptop.. since i only have one desktop at home....

sir how can i tell whether my phone is a genuine one? can fake samsung devices be recognize by kies? on usb or wifi kies?

FullWipe

Jul 3, 2014
Milano
Verify that your phone is closed all applications (hold "home" key -
management activities - close applications) and move to the main screen.

Open the Samsung Kies program first and then connect the usb cable.

If the fault persists, uninstall the driver (Samsung Mobile Usb) from "Device Manager" on PC
and restart your computer.

Once you restart your PC, and open the Samsung Kies, plug the phone in order to re-install the
driver.

If still no go even restart the phone and try again

Try also another usb port and finally try another pc / laptop

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
thanks for the reply sir... that's the only thing left out for me to do... to try my device to another desktop or loptop.. since i only have one desktop at home....

sir how can i tell whether my phone is a genuine one? can fake samsung devices be recognize by kies? on usb or wifi kies?

Compare your phone to pics (Google search) of genuine devices, also Google & you'll find pics of fakes that you can also compare against (we've seen a few fakes on here over the past couple of yrs but not many, search for threads about this). Get an app like Android Hardware Info/similar (there are a number of similar apps on GP) which will give you the hardware details (CPU/GPU/etc) of your device & compare that to I9100 specs.

What makes you think it's fake ?

FullWipe

Jul 3, 2014
Milano
Cpu-z is a good app (free on google play) for see Android's details about hardware/software.

I've never heard of fake s2. It sounds so strange ;)

Quiet, that you are neither the first nor the last to have problems with USB connectivity to PC. They are quite common problems.

Inviato da "Highlander" SII con:
ROM --> SlimSaber KK 4.4.4
KERNEL --> Gustavo_s

h0shie

Jun 5, 2014
Cpu-z is a good app (free on google play) for see Android's details about hardware/software.

I've never heard of fake s2. It sounds so strange ;)

Quiet, that you are neither the first nor the last to have problems with USB connectivity to PC. They are quite common problems.

Inviato da "Highlander" SII con:
ROM --> SlimSaber KK 4.4.4
KERNEL --> Gustavo_s

coz there's a a lot of fake samsung products here in the Philippines... and by now it's really hard to identify which is original or fake.
those people who created those clone phones is getting better day by day. way cheaper but looks exactly the same.. i think they made
the hardware powered too, i've seen an s5 a clone one and it's rated by antutu with 30145 or something :))

MauFerrusca

Oct 3, 2012
Mexico City
LG V50 ThinQ
Don't forget to test different USB ports in your laptop or PC. Last resort could also be (if you're under windows, obviously) deleting the USB root controllers within the Control Panel > System > Device Admin and then reboot. In my experience, I don't need to reinstall Samsung's drivers and usualy recover the USB cable connection.

h0shie

Jun 5, 2014
Don't forget to test different USB ports in your laptop or PC. Last resort could also be (if you're under windows, obviously) deleting the USB root controllers within the Control Panel > System > Device Admin and then reboot. In my experience, I don't need to reinstall Samsung's drivers and usualy recover the USB cable connection.

already did that, but still same problem... it always recognizes it as an unknown device :( unknown device installation failed