[Kernel][1-17-12]Blitzkrieg Kernel 2.1

Search This thread

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
lol that's fine cuz you both said that you use the smoothass governor and that's what I'm curious about. Do you still use profiles? From what I understand smoothass is like on demand just more aggressive, so if that's the case are profiles really necessary? When screen is off won't it just clock itself down since smoothass has a lower threshold?

I am using CPUtuner but I thought if it wasn't necessary for all the profiles and what not I could use a simpler app to get the same effect.

I hope you get where I am coming from lol

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

you can flash over. I always be safe and wipe cache and dalvik though

I get what you're saying lol. I still use profiles because I want my phone underclocked when the screen is off. That's the only profile I have though. I set the Max on the screen off profile to 576 and the MIN to 368.

Sent from my GingerFusion Revo using Tapatalk.

pendragon11

Oct 31, 2011
Two weird things today after flashing. Bottom of my screen froze until I closed all apps.then couldn't charge until I pulled my battery? Weird,maybe unrelated, just reporting it

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App

Mr Frog

Sep 17, 2011
Detroit
I'm kinda confused what the difference between smoothass and smartass is.... I looked around and couldn't really find much. Could somebody please explain? Thanks!!!

revo_65

Sep 19, 2011
I'm kinda confused what the difference between smoothass and smartass is.... I looked around and couldn't really find much. Could somebody please explain? Thanks!!!

From what I've read, smoothass is pretty much the same just more aggressive than smartass.

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Loving the new update, but I have a question.
I'm only getting a score of 3800 (my sd card r/w speeds are REALLY low). How can I fix that?
I currently have Antutu set to the internal sd card.

Sent from my Bryce Device

revo_65

Sep 19, 2011
Is this only under volted when running at 1900?

I'm going to back down to 1500 because it caused a screen freeze then rebooted into cwm. the same thing happened when testing this kernel at 1900 before it was released.

Grizzy3

Jan 7, 2012
Loving the new update, but I have a question.
I'm only getting a score of 3800 (my sd card r/w speeds are REALLY low). How can I fix that?
I currently have Antutu set to the internal sd card.

What's you sd card score? I'm getting 4200 with just this OCed to 1.9 and spc_hicks ICS responsive tweak (don't know if that helps with the scores)

My sd card r/w is 142/140.

Bait-Fish

Aug 10, 2011
Southern California
I'm pretty amazed. I've been running Antutu benchmarks and running SetCPU stress tests for the last couple hours and my phone is holding up great all the way up to 1900. Oddly, SetCPU's Info, Time in State page show 52% of the time split evenly for 1200 Mhz and 1708 Mhz when clocked to 1900 and running the stress test for > 50 minutes straight.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

G

GuestK00134

It sounds like by default this kernal is set to 1ghz with I am assuming the On Demand governor? What would be the recommended settings for an even tradeoff between performance and battery life? So many options I have no idea what to choose!

Cal8192

Dec 4, 2010
College Station, Tx
GB 1.3, ICS tweak, supercharger v6, blitz 2.0 @1.9, -class 10 sd card, etc etc think I forgot something etc

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326390233252.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326390233252.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 179

Grizzy3

Jan 7, 2012
My sd card scores are 32/95
I'm oc'd @ 1.9 and also have ics tweak along with the updated v6 supercharge

That's pretty weird. I just made my phone back to stock then did the whole root thing over again and flashed GV1.3 and your theme. Then i added the 2 tweaks i mentioned so i know i don't have anything special that would be helping my sd card scores. I selected internal SD too so I'm not sure what can be causing that big of a difference. Maybe just a glitch with antutu?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

What card are you using? I've got a Patriot 16g, class 10 and Im nowhere near those numbers..

I have a 32gb sandisk class 4. I don't think that matters though because i chose internal sd instead of external when prompted by antutu.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

In case you don't believe me lol

[/COLOR]

Last edited:

drt054

Jan 8, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Thanks MT!!! Looks like tethering is working fine.. no errors at least but others say working good. With my crappy phone can't go over 1.5 or will freeze then reboot. But should be good enough until my new phone arrives. Quadrant got 2404!! Antutu 3590!! Also got a successful tether!!!

sent from my LG Steel BlueVolt :D

Last edited:

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
I have a 32gb sandisk class 4. I don't think that matters though because i chose internal sd instead of external when prompted by antutu.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

In case you don't believe me lol

[/COLOR]

wow! that write speed is insane
I cleaned up my internal card and did a reboot, now I get 48/154
I'd have a pretty good score if I could get my write speed up higher :p

ufkal

Sep 10, 2010
St. Louis
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Since installing kernal 2.0 my battery life has gone from 8-12 hours with moderate use to 4 hours with almost no use. I had it set it at 1.7 and smooth but evidently I am doing something wrong here.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

G4 Man2

May 4, 2011
Coffeyville
Since installing kernal 2.0 my battery life has gone from 8-12 hours with moderate use to 4 hours with almost no use. I had it set it at 1.7 and smooth but evidently I am doing something wrong here.

Have you calibrated the battery? i have much better battery life with this kernel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! Here it is Blitzkrieg Kernel!!!

What is this?
    This is a very fast kernel, while trying to keep battery as close as possible to stock. It is overclockable up to 1.9ghz, and is undervolted.

Changelog
    v. 2.1
    Hopefully Fix Reboot Issue

v. 2.0
    Overclock to 1.9ghz
    First Boot is Set at 1.0ghz
    Modified Undervolt to help battery
    Added Smoothass and Smartass2 Governors
    Other Small Tweaks
    Battery Life Has Been Greatly Increased! (For Me Anyway)

v. 1.0 Initial Release
    OC/UV Kernel
    OverClocked to 1.5ghz
    Added Different I/O Schedulers
    Included tun.ko Module
    Other Memory and Performance Edits

Screenshots
    Coming Soon

How do I install this?
    THIS IS FOR GINGERVOLT OR GINGERHOME ONLY!!!
    1.) Download the .zip & make sure 4g is enabled.
    2.) Place zip in external sdcard
    3.) Back up
    4.) Go to install zip from sdcard
    5.) Select Blitzkrieg2.0.zip
    6.) Reboot!
    7.) To Block CIQ Logs Requires Reboot After Initial Boot

Special Thanks!!!
    "The Gang" for testing and keeping me entertained on irc, if you haven't been by you should!!!

Disclaimer
    This is to be flashed at your own free will. I am not holding a gun to your head. If this breaks your phone, it is not on me! This will void your warranty though, so if Verizon doesn't want to give you a new one because this broke it, it is on you!

Donations
    For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially through the donate to me button, any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!
    Hey guys! Hopefully got a fix to the reboot issue!!! While messing around in the code the other night PG found a tid bit added by LG about restarts, I removed it and recompiled and it seems to help!!! Let me know how it does!!!
    Alright you've convinced me! I will release a higher for those wanting to push and a lower for those that 1.5 is to high for!

I flashed BK 2.0 onto my phone after a long weekend of building and testing CM9. It works beautifully! Thanks for the hard work, MT!
    I was running the one you had us testing and it still drained my battery fast, even when underclocked with screen off. Is this release updated from that so that it could have possibly fixed it?

Otherwise my phone just doesnt like kernels :( lol

It is updated. I compiled this on last night with the WiFi fix, but running same settings on mine for 2 days with majorly improved battery life. Before just idling I would get about 18 hours, this one made it about 30 at 1.9. Now I don't use the phone much, but idling is a whole lot better. I use Smoothass for the governor.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium