Ubuntu Touch porting ( Porting Guide for Dev's )

Search This thread

lgstoian

Mar 3, 2010
Bucharest
Yesterday the guys at Canonical launched Ubuntu Touch for Phablet's and released pre-built images for the Nexus line of phones.
Today the porting guide for other devices is out : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting
And it bring great news for anyone that is looking to run Ubuntu Touch on their device as it is based around Cyanogen Mod 10.1 .
Any devices supported by CM 10.1 should be able to run UT with relative ease.
I went over the guide and they used the Galaxy Tab 2 as an example of such a port.
From what I can see it is Android without the Java bits , Ubuntu itself runs on-top of the Android framework within a container. It's similar to how we ran till now Linux disto's on-top of Android but instead off using VNC to get access to an emulated X server Ubuntu uses Surface Flinger as it's display server.

Reactions: lopman and amirnote

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Im building it as of now. But am stuck at the new device config part. if any dev could help out, it would be appriciated.

Reactions: lopman

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
I will bot be releasing this as a beta test to anyone. Ill simply post it when I have it booting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Already porting it over to the T-Mobile Galaxy S III (d2tmo). :)
    Anyone working on d2att?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
    Yesterday the guys at Canonical launched Ubuntu Touch for Phablet's and released pre-built images for the Nexus line of phones.
    Today the porting guide for other devices is out : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting
    And it bring great news for anyone that is looking to run Ubuntu Touch on their device as it is based around Cyanogen Mod 10.1 .
    Any devices supported by CM 10.1 should be able to run UT with relative ease.
    I went over the guide and they used the Galaxy Tab 2 as an example of such a port.
    From what I can see it is Android without the Java bits , Ubuntu itself runs on-top of the Android framework within a container. It's similar to how we ran till now Linux disto's on-top of Android but instead off using VNC to get access to an emulated X server Ubuntu uses Surface Flinger as it's display server.
    Galaxy note 2. While making the new device config. Tho sources almost synced
    Im building it as of now. But am stuck at the new device config part. if any dev could help out, it would be appriciated.