Send Razr I to fastboot mode 3 forms (Visual)

Search This thread
Hello

A greeting first of all, I make this visual tutorial for those who have been difficult to send your Razr I fastboot mode

I hope it will help or serve.

The end is press the Volume Down + Power and hold them until the phone restarts.

1st Form
(Volume Down + Power button, leaving them to restart and dropping both, when the telephone vibrate and immediately after we see the green LED, and also the logo whatever it is)
the 2nd Form
(Volume Down + Power button, leaving them to turn off the screen, then release the power button and wait the reboot, hold the volume button down)
3rd Form
(With the phone turned off, press and hold the Volume Down button, connect the phone via USB cable to the PC, wait to restart the Fastboot menu hold the volume button down)

This is done with the phone on, off or in the process of starting or restarting.

greetings and good luck

Videos

The 1st form here the link of the video I made.

The 2nd form here the link of the video I made

Sorry no English, Audio in Spanish, helps to put them subtitles. :eek:

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Last edited:

f1ux

Jan 2, 2011
This doesn't seem to work if you have an unlocked bootloader?
Or at least it doesn't for me on GB 91.2.29001

EDIT: Ok, it seems the timing is different compared to the earlier Jelly bean rom, You have to let go of the power button immediately when the phone vibrates as it's powering on but still hold VOL DOWN

Last edited:
Reactions: andreaz

EDIT: Ok, it seems the timing is different compared to the earlier Jelly bean rom, You have to let go of the power button immediately when the phone vibrates as it's powering on but still hold VOL DOWN

in fact you can do from going off the screen ....... (release the power button) and wait for the reset, hold the button "Volume Down" :laugh:

sorry for my bad english

Jul 23, 2012
Are there any apps that will reboot from fully powered on straight to fastboot or recovery?
Credit where it's due I have looked and tried a few but none successfully bring up the recovery/fastboot

For root devices

Are there any apps that will reboot from fully powered on straight to fastboot or recovery?
Credit where it's due I have looked and tried a few but none successfully bring up the recovery/fastboot

For those who have root, you can use notification toggle it's free

Enviado desde mi XT890

Last edited:

sam0056

Jun 24, 2010
recovery

Hi can someone help i tried everything to get into recovery mode running 4.1.2 jellybean. I would lke to check iff the bootloader is unlocked.

Hi can someone help i tried everything to get into recovery mode running 4.1.2 jellybean. I would lke to check iff the bootloader is unlocked.

Install easy CWMR or TWRP
Install Power toggles or notification toggles or romtoolbox lite. Only search the direct acces for reboot menu

See my post

greetings and good luck :thumbup:

Enviado desde mi XT890

ciberbeb

Dec 13, 2010
Toulouse
For those who can't go to fastboot using these methods.
The easier way, I think, is to use adb.

Just plug your phone to a computer with adb installed.
Execute the following commands:
Code:
adb devices
to make sure your phone is detected
Code:
adb reboot recovery
to reboot to recovery
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
to reboot to bootloader

Hope it helps !

For those who can't go to fastboot using these methods.
The easier way, I think, is to use adb.

Just plug your phone to a computer with adb installed.
Execute the following commands:
Code:
adb devices
to make sure your phone is detected
Code:
adb reboot recovery
to reboot to recovery
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
to reboot to bootloader

Hope it helps !

Yes friend thanks .... But the main idea is from the phone, in brick cases for example ......... Besides when you no have root.

remember that when we are new, many do not know how to handle command window, or as used adb.exe and fastboot.exe files

Or for use a reboot menu apk's, root permissions are required, so that the three methods mentioned are universal.

And certainly one of them work for you

Last edited:

sky0165

Mar 10, 2012
Yes friend thanks .... But the main idea is from the phone brick cases ......... Besides when you no have root.

remember that when we are new, many do not know how to handle command window, or as used adb.exe and fastboot.exe files

Or for use a reboot menu apk's, root permissions are required, so that the three methods mentioned are universal.

If you don't have root or anything, you can press Power + Vol - and your phone will reboot. When you see the Green led on, release Power button but continue pressing Vol - and tadah. You're in fastboot.

ciberbeb

Dec 13, 2010
Toulouse
Yes friend thanks .... But the main idea is from the phone brick cases ......... Besides when you no have root.

Sorry, I didn't see anything talking about bricked phones...

Anyway, using adb is not that complicated. If you are an android user, and attempt to root/unlock your phone, then you should already be prepared to know how to use some command line basics. adb is essential after rooting a phone, to push apk, backing up things or whatever.

By the way, root is not needed for these commands to work.

Also remember that using a command line prompt is needed to unlock the bootloader.

Sorry, I didn't see anything talking about bricked phones...

Anyway, using adb is not that complicated. If you are an android user, and attempt to root/unlock your phone, then you should already be prepared to know how to use some command line basics. adb is essential after rooting a phone, to push apk, backing up things or whatever.

By the way, root is not needed for these commands to work.

Also remember that using a command line prompt is needed to unlock the bootloader.

Again, this serves to any Android user without any knowledge of command lines ....... at least I think so, we all started this way..... one starts knowing or at least common people ..... you must be an exceptional case .... I'm sorry .... I did thinking of ordinary people, like me

Socrates say : I only know that I know nothing

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk 4

ciberbeb

Dec 13, 2010
Toulouse
I totally understand your point of view. It is a good idea to give these clear explanations.
Thanks for telling me I'm exceptionnal :)
By the way, IT is my job for nearly ten years, I'm a developper, so these things are like riding a bicycle for me.
I understand everyone has started like this one day, that's why I'm giving here another approach, maybe nerd like ;)
But I persist, this is not complicated at all. Just type on a keyboard a few words.
On Windows:
1. Press Windows+R
2. Type cmd and enter
3. enter the adb command
Only 3 steps and nothing about the exact timing to match with the volume+power buttons methods.

Linux users should already be confident with a command line. (Sorry for Mac users, never used a Mac ...)

Last edited:
Thank you very much for sharing and as Galileo said, "and yet it moves" ........ a big hello and a big hug

I say " Knowledge is the food to satisfy the hunger of the ignorant "

every day you learn something new .... if we would not be dead

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

sernoexistir

May 28, 2015
i cant get into fastboot!!!

HI, my razr i XT890 is bricked, i have tried the 3 ways for fastboot and no one have worked for me, i'm sure in doing it right, i am also completly sure it is not a battery issue because i have opened the phone and charged the batery externaly and verified with multimeter it is charged.

When i try to turn on the phone it turns on the green led, vibrates 2 times, shows 'm' logo and then turns off and when it does it shows a couple of green lines under the m logo and thats all,
if i connect to lap it does the same thing, in every of the 3 ways of fastboot i have tried it does the same thing,
i have also found some other post that recomend an unbrick method when only turns the green led holding the camera button while connecting to lap and executing an unbrick file, in that case only it Doesn't do the same thing, in fact it seems like if it could work but after it reboots, it does the same thing,

i have no tried to modify the software before this, i didn't tried to root, nothing, thats why it is so strange to me this happens.

i haven't find in any other blog, forums, someone else with the same problem, PLEASE HELP!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

A greeting first of all, I make this visual tutorial for those who have been difficult to send your Razr I fastboot mode

I hope it will help or serve.

The end is press the Volume Down + Power and hold them until the phone restarts.

1st Form
    (Volume Down + Power button, leaving them to restart and dropping both, when the telephone vibrate and immediately after we see the green LED, and also the logo whatever it is)
    the 2nd Form
    (Volume Down + Power button, leaving them to turn off the screen, then release the power button and wait the reboot, hold the volume button down)
    3rd Form
    (With the phone turned off, press and hold the Volume Down button, connect the phone via USB cable to the PC, wait to restart the Fastboot menu hold the volume button down)

This is done with the phone on, off or in the process of starting or restarting.

greetings and good luck

Videos

The 1st form here the link of the video I made.

The 2nd form here the link of the video I made

Sorry no English, Audio in Spanish, helps to put them subtitles. :eek:

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183614

Take the Root Version and put it into System/App.

Gesendet von meinem XT890 mit Tapatalk 2