Wifi death grip fix....... Lmaoooo

Search This thread

smashpunks

Aug 6, 2010
Portland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGxctvyhl0U&feature=related

I came across this.. lol Im gonna try it. Maybe some how line the inside of the cover from the top to the side so when in landscape the top of the foil is on the side of the cover/phone but still getting access to the wifi signal.. lol

I think this issue can be fixed if htc just redesignes the cover. It cant be that expensive. I bet if the some how do the same with metal, from the copper all the way to say both sides, no matter how you hold it should get signal. I think this could be fixed with a redesigned cover.

I know this is a funny thread, but seriously I havent tried it yet, but if it helps that just means they could design a new cover to work.

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGxctvyhl0U&feature=related

I came across this.. lol Im gonna try it. Maybe some how line the inside of the cover from the top to the side so when in landscape the top of the foil is on the side of the cover/phone but still getting access to the wifi signal.. lol

I think this issue can be fixed if htc just redesignes the cover. It cant be that expensive. I bet if the some how do the same with metal, from the copper all the way to say both sides, no matter how you hold it should get signal. I think this could be fixed with a redesigned cover.

I know this is a funny thread, but seriously I havent tried it yet, but if it helps that just means they could design a new cover to work.

I wonder if you could somehow attach a piece of foil to the inside of the cover touching the gold antenna.

Scoop24

Apr 14, 2010
NY
Maybe just little bit less foil on the gold prong. Would enhance the signal. While still being small enough to fit in the phone without effecting anything.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

smashpunks

Aug 6, 2010
Portland
EDIT: Ok yall gonna think im crazy. But I held the phone with a towel reaaaaally tight over the wifi area, whole back, and etc. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wifi drop. Yea ok, conductor right? IPHONE issue? Well a case dont fix it? how come? so I decided to line my case (silicone I got from tmobile) with paper towel. LOL. I got two layers in it. Anyways, I wish my wife was here with Vibrina (my vibrant) to take a video for proof, but it works. Its muuuuch better. I could still probably kill the signal by covering completely or trying, but now I dont have to keep my hands in a certain spot.

TRY it.. LOL IT works for me. Ill post a video in about 4 hours of it. Before, while during and after to show its working. So Maybe a new case with some extra something will help? I dont know but if just a towel (one layer, the corner) can stop the issue completely, something has to be able to be done.

Last edited:

ridikolous

Jun 25, 2010
EDIT: Ok yall gonna think im crazy. But I held the phone with a towel reaaaaally tight over the wife area, whole back, and etc. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wifi drop. Yea ok, conductor right? IPHONE issue? Well a case dont fix it? how come? so I decided to line my case (silicone I got from tmobile) with paper towel. LOL. I got two layers in it. Anyways, I wish my wife was here with Vibrina (my vibrant) to take a video for proof, but it works. Its muuuuch better. I could still probably kill the signal by covering completely or trying, but now I dont have to keep my hands in a certain spot.

TRY it.. LOL IT works for me. Ill post a video in about 4 hours of it. Before, while during and after to show its working. So Maybe a new case with some extra something will help? I dont know but if just a towel (one layer, the corner) can stop the issue completely, something has to be able to be done.

I tried what you suggested but without the case. I put the paper towel between my hand and phone ota only dropped to 1 bar. Without the paper towel I would lose connection.

Sent from my dualcore monster using xda premium app.

Top Liked Posts