[Q] Rearth Ringke Slim

Search This thread

moore808

Mar 12, 2011
Georgia
I would love to hear more little reviews for this case. I have an incipio ngp but the power button is near impossible to push. I'd like to get a slim in black, but I'd love to hear opinions and see peoples pictures.

I received my case a few weeks ago and this is easily the best case I've had for a phone. The reason a lot of us got the SGS 2 was because of how slim it was. This is the first case that lets it still be slim. Everything fits perfectly and overall I am 100% happy with the purchase.

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
I have a few different cases, however I bought the original tpu like version used it for about 2 months until it stretched and became too loose to really enjoy. At the same time the slim was released and they were nice enough to even give me 5$ off cause of my previous issue(happened on another case from them diff phone). Im still enjoying this case since it came out, no issues with missing cutouts everything is great. I primarily use a bt headset so I keep the cap on audio jack I just dont jam it too hard in there. For me anyway this helps me out as I've noticed with other cases/phones when you rarerly use the jack it can get some lint or particles of whatever in there, I baby my phone so... All in all this case is my personal favorite I hate bulky cases but thats just me. I even had a friend ask me if I was going to put a case on my phone heh. No echo or mic distortion only issue honestly is the price. 25$ is way to high for this case, I could care less about spending the money if it was worth it but I didnt need the screen protector they included etc.. should have been priced at most same as other case at 16$ or less, when you take everything out of the box you cant believe you just spent 25$ on a piece of plastic :) . Regardless I would buy another one if something happened great slim case

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777

Pseud0logik

Aug 11, 2010
Mine has the cutout for the mic, the caps were a breeze to remove, and I take it off and put it back on multiple times a day. Sounds like you got an old/wrong version.

You're right, I did get the wrong version. They acknowledged this and that the case was faulty based on the photo I sent them of the damage. They sent me a replacement immediately. Too bad the replacement they sent sent me is for a Galaxy Note. Why is it so hard to get the right case from these guys?

sawah

Mar 24, 2010
My case will be here on Monday, I ordered a black version. I'm really hoping I get the right one and don't have to waste my time waiting for replacements.

Droga

Nov 18, 2008
Isabela
I received my case a few weeks ago and this is easily the best case I've had for a phone. The reason a lot of us got the SGS 2 was because of how slim it was. This is the first case that lets it still be slim. Everything fits perfectly and overall I am 100% happy with the purchase.

Couldnt describe it better. By FAR the best case I've ever used on any phone. Totally happy with it. :D

ExTREmE99

Jul 26, 2006
Bay Area, CA
i got my case earlier this week and while it says on the box Galaxy S2 AT&T, the top mic hole is not aligned and leaves my callers with a muffled voice when i have the case on. if it matters, i bought the case directly from the rearthe website last week. it also has a little cutout on the side for the international version's strap mount that we dont have on the at&t version. does anyone else have that? im thinking i got the international case

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
i got my case earlier this week and while it says on the box Galaxy S2 AT&T, the top mic hole is not aligned and leaves my callers with a muffled voice when i have the case on. if it matters, i bought the case directly from the rearthe website last week. it also has a little cutout on the side for the international version's strap mount that we dont have on the at&t version. does anyone else have that? im thinking i got the international case

It has happened to others - contact them and they should send you another one.

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
This thread must have sparked a run on supply! :p

I was going to order a white one based on all the great reviews, but they are out of stock. Hopefully they restock quickly...

ExTREmE99

Jul 26, 2006
Bay Area, CA
It has happened to others - contact them and they should send you another one.

*shrug* they said they were all the same after i took numerous pics. they did however refund me and told me to keep the case. fine with me, considering the back of the case attracts scratches like CRAZY. only a day of casual light usage on hard surfaces and the back already has scuffs/scratches that seem like the clear coat is wearing away. time to buy the incipio feather!

EpicEric

Oct 4, 2010
Seattle
*shrug* they said they were all the same after i took numerous pics. they did however refund me and told me to keep the case. fine with me, considering the back of the case attracts scratches like CRAZY. only a day of casual light usage on hard surfaces and the back already has scuffs/scratches that seem like the clear coat is wearing away. time to buy the incipio feather!

Yeah, so I got mine and had the same issue. I replied back to the order conformation email with pictures and also posted a comment on their facebook page. The replied back to my email and sent me one with the mic hole in alignment. This was shortly after launch of the gs2.

Pseud0logik

Aug 11, 2010
You're right, I did get the wrong version. They acknowledged this and that the case was faulty based on the photo I sent them of the damage. They sent me a replacement immediately. Too bad the replacement they sent sent me is for a Galaxy Note. Why is it so hard to get the right case from these guys?

Update: Rearth finally sent me the correct version for my phone. I got about 3 weeks of regular usage out of it before it started to crack like the last one. No drops, no extreme temps, just putting it in and out of my pocket and setting it on the desk/nightstand. I just ordered a Trident Perseus to replace it.

I don't recommend this case or the silicone Ringke, that one lasted 2 months before the surface started to wear off and the sides loosened up significantly.

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
If anyone else was holding out for Rearth to restock the Alpine White version, we're out of luck. Here's the reply I got from their support this morning when I inquired:

---BEGIN EMAIL---

Subject: Availability of White Galaxy S 2 AT&T Ringke Slim?

Hi,

I'm really sorry but we are no longer selling that item due to low order volume. However, we do have the Noble Black in stock. I hope this help answer your question.

Sincerely,
RearthUSA

---END EMAIL---

Too bad -- I was kinda digging on the white one. Not sure I want the black personally...

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7
If anyone else was holding out for Rearth to restock the Alpine White version, we're out of luck. Here's the reply I got from their support this morning when I inquired:

---BEGIN EMAIL---

Subject: Availability of White Galaxy S 2 AT&T Ringke Slim?

Hi,

I'm really sorry but we are no longer selling that item due to low order volume. However, we do have the Noble Black in stock. I hope this help answer your question.

Sincerely,
RearthUSA

---END EMAIL---

Too bad -- I was kinda digging on the white one. Not sure I want the black personally...

I just ordered a white one free shipping and price is now 21.99 and its In stock

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Virus1x

Update: Rearth finally sent me the correct version for my phone. I got about 3 weeks of regular usage out of it before it started to crack like the last one. No drops, no extreme temps, just putting it in and out of my pocket and setting it on the desk/nightstand. I just ordered a Trident Perseus to replace it.

I don't recommend this case or the silicone Ringke, that one lasted 2 months before the surface started to wear off and the sides loosened up significantly.

TRIDENT AEIGIS IS THE SHIP

Transmission Terminated.

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7

Ya same thing happened to me wow they must have chimps mailing their packages got o e for a sgs3 instead still waiting for the correct one wish these were sold locally

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

vanquishprime

Oct 30, 2012
Fortunately I got the same one I ordered... :D Sorry about you guys. Hope you get your replacement soon. I've heard that rearth customer service is great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.rearthusa.com/Galaxy-S-2-ATT-Ringke-Slim-_p_279.html
    there's the link for anyone else who wants to take a look.

I haven't tried this one so I can't help you but I figured i would post the link for you.
    Order this case on the day the phone was released.

Their site said "for AT&T" so I thought it be all good.

Received the case. Awesome look/feel/fit. Exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately the lil mic hole was covered. This case came in the box on the right.

I contacted Rinkge and passive aggressively posted on their Facebook page (Great case!..but looking forward to the new one you’re sending.:D)

2 days later I receive the new case with a lil hole for the mic. This case came in the box on the left.

Unfortunately the hole is aligned incorrectly by a few centimeters. :(

So now I’m like whatever.

camerazoom2012010415400.jpg
    Love It!

I am very picky and like slim cases that slide in and out of a pocket easily and after weeks of searching for the perfect case for me, as not many are available for the I777 for whatever reason, I ordered it, received it promptly, and it did not dissapoint. I love it!! I would reccomened this product to anybody that likes slim cases and an excellent quality product / design. I got it in white and it looks and fits better than I ever expected!;)