Zenus Vintage Leather Wallet Case

Search This thread

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I saw this case at my local Fry's Electronics today. Looks great.

Any updates from people who've been using this for a while? How does the leather hold up?

CradleRob

Dec 26, 2011
I saw this case at my local Fry's Electronics today. Looks great.

Any updates from people who've been using this for a while? How does the leather hold up?

So far so good!! Couple of months with this caseand I still love it. Gets lots of attention when I pull it out.

Leather has held up much better than expected. It still appears new to me. Again, I use it anytime I leave the house. That's another thing I was worried about at first. Its press fitted (the phone) into the case. I feared that over time it would loosen up. That has NOt been the case. Snug as the first day I got it!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Tikerz

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Just picked this up at Fry's. Very high quality. The leather is very soft. Phone fits very well. Will try the wallet case thing for a while and see how I like it.

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
[/COLOR]
As nice as this case is I'm a little skeptical about its practicality. For one the wallet/case appears to add a lot of extra bulk to the phone, kinda making it to big to put in your pocket.
Second, it is a case-wallet. Would you be using it as a wallet as well? If you are keep in mind that if you ever lost your phone you would be losing your money, credit cards, ID's, etc along with it. Basically you would be getting screwed in 2 ways if your phone happened to get lost or stolen.
Third, unless you have a Bluetooth headset it seems a little too cumbersome to have a call on. The flap seems like it will get in the way unless you fold it back.
Lastly, the price. $60 for a case is just a lot of dough. I'm not one to cheap out on a case but for this to work for me I would not only need the case but a full body kit such as Zagg, Bodyguardz, Phantomskinz, etc to go along with it.

Don't get me wrong its a beautiful and classy looking case, just not sure if its for me.

+1. I feel the same way. The flap really get on my way to control the phone. using a normal case (Tpu, sanp case...) are practical.

macwilson

Dec 4, 2011
I bought another version of the leather Zenus.

It's expensive but extremely high quality and fit. I mean, Vaja, or better quality and finish, and for around $50 it's a pretty good deal.

I saw the vintage and i'm sure that one is really nice also. Thing is with Zenus (i've have a few of their cases), they make a few lines, and it seems the leather more expensive ones are better than the cheaper lines, so it may pay to shell out more.

It has a flap with a snap, and a little stand thingy. Both of these are perhaps necessary evils, and are not terribly intrusive.

Just a great case.

HDCowboy

Dec 20, 2011
How much are they asking for the case at Fry's??? Just curious as I went ahead and ordered one off Ebay yesterday. I'm also curious as to whether it will still fit in the charging dock with the case on.

RipplingHurst

Feb 18, 2011
California
I got compliments all the time, love it. Girls love it, guys ask about it, and its very practical. Too bad it won't dock on it, not in the car, nor the two different ones i got at home (one is the Samsung oem)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
How much are they asking for the case at Fry's??? Just curious as I went ahead and ordered one off Ebay yesterday. I'm also curious as to whether it will still fit in the charging dock with the case on.

$59.99 is the price at Fry's.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I got compliments all the time, love it. Girls love it, guys ask about it, and its very practical. Too bad it won't dock on it, not in the car, nor the two different ones i got at home (one is the Samsung oem)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Same here. I really like mine too. Very high quality.

HDCowboy

Dec 20, 2011
I probably ought to post this in a whole new thread but they make a dock extension for the iphone for those using thick cases......

http://www.buyijet.com/blog/ijet-has-all-your-dock-extender-solutions

http://www.macfixit.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1625

You would also think with being micro usb cables are so popular nowadays, they would make a simular micro-usb extension that can be used with phones like ours. I ve done a little searching and havent come up with anything as of yet but maybe all of us as a team can come up with a solution to where our notes will fit in a dock if they have a thick case on them also.

UPDATE:I thought this this might work, but judging from the one review I kinda doubt it!

http://www.amazon.com/Micro-B-Micro-AB-Adapter-Manhattan-308755/dp/B002QWMU0I

UPDATE 2: Well finally received my case today and must say it looks sharp! It' s a little to fat to allow me o snap my upper pocket closed in my nomex coveralls I wear at work though so it looks like it only gonna be a weekend and going out case for me. I'll keep using my little flip case I got a the ATT store when I bought my phone for during the week. Definitely a sharp looking case though!!

Last edited:

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Was at my local Fry's Electronics the other day and the price dropped on this case from $59.99 to $39.99!

predation

Jan 1, 2011
would it be okay to use this case with a FULL skin applied? Ie. sides and back??

i'm sure the front would be okay, but just wanted to see if the sides of the phone with skin be okay.....

i've been looking at cases that have the flip cover, but they all look like it would peel off the side skins..... this one looks like it like it might be okay.

TJBunch1228

Feb 6, 2010
Just sold the one I got with my phone for $25 on the marketplace. Too bulky for me, but nice quality.

aj_vogtman

Feb 26, 2010
would it be okay to use this case with a FULL skin applied? Ie. sides and back??

i'm sure the front would be okay, but just wanted to see if the sides of the phone with skin be okay.....

i've been looking at cases that have the flip cover, but they all look like it would peel off the side skins..... this one looks like it like it might be okay.

Not possible. The case fits like a glove.

baerol

Mar 19, 2012
not for extreme user

The Vintage case looks great, but it is far too expensive and not for the extreme user (like me :)).
After only four months, the bottom corners are almost black, one is broken and you can see that the leather is very thin. I have often in the back pocket of my jeans.
How it looks in a year? The case does have a maximum of 8 months, then it is gone.

look at my pictures

Attachments

• 20120801_134759.jpg
    20120801_134759.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 145
  • 20120801_134509.jpg
    20120801_134509.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As nice as this case is I'm a little skeptical about its practicality. For one the wallet/case appears to add a lot of extra bulk to the phone, kinda making it to big to put in your pocket.
    Second, it is a case-wallet. Would you be using it as a wallet as well? If you are keep in mind that if you ever lost your phone you would be losing your money, credit cards, ID's, etc along with it. Basically you would be getting screwed in 2 ways if your phone happened to get lost or stolen.
    Third, unless you have a Bluetooth headset it seems a little too cumbersome to have a call on. The flap seems like it will get in the way unless you fold it back.
    Lastly, the price. $60 for a case is just a lot of dough. I'm not one to cheap out on a case but for this to work for me I would not only need the case but a full body kit such as Zagg, Bodyguardz, Phantomskinz, etc to go along with it.

Don't get me wrong its a beautiful and classy looking case, just not sure if its for me.

I agree with pretty much everything you said here. That being said....

I currently use a Credit Card Case for my IPhone 4S and have carried my License, Credit Card, and Debit Card with my phone for the last 8 months. I absolutely love being able to not have to carry around a separate wallet. I haven't lost my phone as of yet, so no worries about losing my credit cards...but I understand how that might be a concern for some. It just simply cuts down on the number of things I have to scramble around the house to find before I can go out. My checklist currently is (Keys, Phone, and unfortunately...cigarettes). Now...would I prefer to have it in a non-flip case format (like what I'm using now)? Sure would. But until someone comes out with one for the Note, this will have to do.

On that note (no pun intended), case manufacturers need to pay attention here. I suppose when a phone is as insanely popular as the Iphone's are, it makes sense to make a wide variety of cases. Android phones don't seem to get the same kind of love. I would buy immediately a thin case that allowed me to slide a couple of cards on the back of the case..but alas...no credit card case android love.
    Will this hold the i717 tightly? My flip cover for the N7000 does not fit on my i717.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium
    I asked a seller on eBay about this and he assured me that it would fit. I get the case today, so I'll let you know once i test a phone
    No phone yet, but this case came in today!