Samsung Galaxy SIII- 05/22 in London-Yes i will definitely stick with my awesome Note

Search This thread

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
this time i'm undecided

normally i'm jump right into the next best Samsung device without much of a though, but without knowing what's in the bag this time, i'm not as eager to get it

however if it's really a Quad core and runs on AWS 1700, then i'll sure hit it

the problem is there are no official quad core exyno CPU announced by Samsung

and Tegra 3 or Tegra 4 is a no go, nVidia doesn't like open source, so do not expect any updates for your Tegra devices

and the Qualcomm S4 / S5 quad core doesn't look like to be ready yet for this year, it's been relatively quiet in that front

I'm just curious to see the battery life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium App

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
this time i'm undecided

normally i'm jump right into the next best Samsung device without much of a though, but without knowing what's in the bag this time, i'm not as eager to get it

however if it's really a Quad core and runs on AWS 1700, then i'll sure hit it

the problem is there are no official quad core exyno CPU announced by Samsung

and Tegra 3 or Tegra 4 is a no go, nVidia doesn't like open source, so do not expect any updates for your Tegra devices

and the Qualcomm S4 / S5 quad core doesn't look like to be ready yet for this year, it's been relatively quiet in that front

A senior manager of Samsung confirmed Galaxy S III will have qual-core processor

http://www.sammobile.com/2012/03/19/confirmed-galaxy-siii-will-use-exynos-4412-quadcore-processor/

nymviper1126

Feb 9, 2012
waiting for my padfone to come out

Its gonna be 4.8 inches but the option to plug it into a tablet is pretty amazing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

I literally said the same thing to my gf the other day..that it be cool to dock the note into a tablet, which would then be a keyboard. Together, the processing power could be combined.

EDIT: didnt know they were making a real one! i want to stand it on top of the tablet as well tho(would be helpful to have your phone stay as phone display, lets say in class, and re arrange ure virtual nots on the desk/keyboard. I hate people with their big ipad/laptops in front of you, its too much screen/distraction)

Last edited:

eazyweazy3

Nov 13, 2007
Def getting the S3 when it becomes available, love the note just loved my beloved S2 more and miss it. Cant wait for the S3.
The leaked pics are BS.

Same for me. The Note is awesome but the SII will always hold a special place in my heart. Hopefully the III will fill that void.

-- Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

hawkeye2188

May 17, 2011
Iowa
Right now I'm sitting on the fence. Messed around with the Note a couple times and I love it but the SGS3's rumors sound incredible.

esco757

Dec 31, 2008
I’m definitely getting the SIII if it’s a confirmed 4.8”, quad +LTE (best of both worlds), and 12-16MP cam with better sensor… coming from the Streak a minute difference of .2" isn’t a big deal, and it would only be .5" smaller than the Note. Let’s go April!!! No analysis or discussion needed to know this baby is worth $300 or more

Dr. Evo

May 24, 2010
Washington, DC
I’m definitely getting the SIII if it’s a confirmed 4.8”, quad +LTE (best of both worlds), and 12-16MP cam with better sensor… coming from the Streak a minute difference of .2" isn’t a big deal, and it would only be .5" smaller than the Note. Let’s go April!!! No analysis or discussion needed to know this baby is worth $300 or more

Well, it's not just slightly smaller height-wise, it's also narrower... one less row narrower meaning a maximum of four icons across as opposed to five. I like the specs of the SIII, but I'm nowhere near as psyched as others seem to be. I'll stick to the Note.

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
That phone looks sexy as hell, and I'm getting one. I will keep my Note, but I will have to get the SIII just to play with it. Om not sure why so many people are wanting a 12mp.camera. Unless you're going to be printing poster sized pictures, there's no need for a 12 mp camera. More MP's doesn't mean hogher quality photos, it.just means you can print larger format pictures. At any rate, the SIII will be my next purchase. One thing I'm really excited about is the ceramic case rumor. If that is true, that is going to be awesome. You all know that ceramic is basically scratch proof, right? There's a high end watch maker out there that has been using ceramic cases and bands on their watches for years, and you can mot scratch it. Woohoi!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note (SGH-i717) using XDA Premium.