• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

huzi7868

Jun 26, 2009
im already on that rom battery is bad and wont get passed 80 wen its charging

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    15i82.png
    yEYxd.png
    Alien ROM provides a concocted stew of Blur, Gingerbread, and Green for your Atrix 4G. Motorola's Blur functionality stays intact, but the Alien theme brings a hint of envious green to the party. Don't worry! This ROM's available with the stock Motorola theme if you're not interested in a drastic change.
    Official Beta Tester signature:
    HTML:
    [CENTER][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1186537"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bfP86.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
    3CUBm.png
    Code:
    -Rooted
    -Deodexed
    -Busybox'd
    -SQLite3
    -PNG Optimized
    -Zipaligned (system and data apps)
    -Sideloading default
    -HSPA/3G icons are different (reports with accuracy)
    -SIP not WiFi only
    -Tethering
    -Some bloat removed
    -Stock email app
    -Skip blur setup option
    -1080p Droid 3 camera
    -WidgetPicker
    -Battery fix
    -Network select menu open
    -APN menu opened
    -Menu button lockscreen bypass (when unsecured)
    -Touchscreen MOD (5 fingers)
    -Google Talk over 3G
    -AGPS option
    -Entitlement check disabled
    -Dock Settings
    -HDMI Settings
    -Full IMEI Settings
    -Modded stock Android Launcher for speed and Blur widget compatibility
    -Inverted applications and Settings
    -FuguTweaks
    -Juwe11 optimizations (modded for Atrix)
    -Superuser Beta
    - Webtop HDMI hack
    - Proximity sensor hack on build.prop
    - GPU hack on build.prop
    - WiFi battery saving hack on build.prop
    - Google Android 2.3.5 application framework
     - Videos for root app
    oSAbh.png
    Click here for downloads
    You need to download the ROM and the theme separately. Follow the installation instructions.
    8L4aY.png
    _unknown
    Webtop modifications
    Fenrir/Ririal
    Build.prop fixes
    Juwe11
    RAM optimizations
    nikademus
    FuguTweaks
    sonnysekhon
    Sublime inspiration
    jug6ernaut
    Battery fix
    aggielover
    Alien wallpaper and eventual update-script Alien
    4MbRg.png

• It's not working when I install! I'm receiving force closes, sitting at bootloops, etc.
      Make sure you're installing the ROM correctly. Remember that kernels, MODs, radios, and carriers can mess with your phone. Over 10,000 people have tried Alien. Very few have complained about these issues. That means if your phone is completely bonkers... it's probably just your phone. Try this installation method.
    • I'm not on AT&T and this ROM is completely broken!
      This ROM is not yet designed for international compatibility. Please wait for future updates or attempt an install with a proper international kernel.
    • Where is _________ feature? I'm on the stock theme!
      Some features are only available for those on the Alien theme.
    • Why is my device running/booting slowly?
      Your first boot will take an unimaginably long time. After that, your device will continue to run slowly until the application cache is built up. Don't worry, the speed will increase as you use the ROM!
    • The new Android Market doesn't work for me. Can I get the old one?
      Yes! Check the attachments on this thread. Download and install "androidmarket.zip."
    • How can I block advertisements in applications and browser windows?
      Download and install "advertisementblock.zip" at the bottom of this thread.
    • Where's my bloatware?
      Alien deletes unnecessary bloatware that can be replaced by better applications in the Android Market. If you'd like the bloatware back, you can download the "bloatware.zip" from the download website.
    • Why is my battery life bad?
      Your battery life is often killed when flashing ROMs in CWM. For the best battery life, you must drain your device’s battery until it turns off. Plug the device into the AC adapter and let it charge till the image says 100% charged. Then turn it on and use the volume buttons to boot into CWM. Click Wipe Battery Stats under the advanced menu. Then you should charge to 100% and install the ROM. Battery life should be comparable to (if not better than) every other ROM.
    • Where's my bloatware?
      Alien deletes unnecessary bloatware that can be replaced by better applications in the Android Market. If you'd like the bloatware back, you can download the "bloatware.zip" from the download website.
    • Why is my data not working?
      Networking problems are most often caused by: improper radios, improper kernels (WiFi), the new Android Market, syncing, or international issues. Try flashing the old Android Market below and the 4.5.91 radio from here.
    • Help! My dock isn't working because of the volume MOD?
      No worries! You can get rid of the volume MOD using the attachment "novolumemod.zip" below.
    • Why isn't my Webtop working?
      This ROM doesn't modify the Webtop's partition. You'll need to install the Webtop from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1169457
      This ROM already has HDMI-to-Webtop MOD from "_unknown" installed.
    so is Ken done with Alien? i haven't seen anything about upgrading... i've seen that he is posting still but nothing on updating rom... don't get me wrong it works amazing!!!! and i love it but i was jsut wondering if its dead....

love
    Tacotino

Hey guys,

I just started school again. I'll be graduating with my BA in History this year! Woo hoo! I've been extraordinarily busy with school and business stuff. I'm sorry that my Atrix work has suffered. :(

I cannot promise any future updates to Alien at this time. I hope Build #4 is satisfactory, at least.

- K
    Media Bug fix!

Ok I was able to fix the media bug!
    Open the build.prop file at /system/ using text editor in root explorer
    The last few lines are for stagefright All are set to false, change to true.
    e.g.
    Code:
    media.stagefright.enable-player=true
    media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
    media.stagefright.enable-scan=true
    media.stagefright.enable-http=ture

Reboot

Done!

I was able to get music player and pandora to work. Please post if it fixes others too.
    Not totally sure why so many people do not have service after flashing the theme, I have flashed Alien v2 ROM and the Alien Theme v2 and I have absolutely no issues except the small theming issues (white text on white background in contacts and camera)

I've posted the method I used to install this ROM to help mitigate the frequency of issues for most people

My Installation Method Leading Me To NO Issues Using Tenfar's Latest CWM and The Most Up-To-Date Pudding Unlocked Bootloader:
    1. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    2. Wipe Cache
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Reboot Recovery
    5. Install ZIP From SD Card
    6. Reboot System
    7. LET THE PHONE FULLY BOOT UP TO THE MOTOBLUR SETUP
    8. Press Menu and SKIP SETUP
    9. Press NEXT to bypass MotoBlur Setup
    10. Once at the HomeScreen, LET THE PHONE SIT AND BUILD IT'S SYSTEM FILES
    11. After roughly 10 minutes, Go To Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Press Menu and choose Reset to Default
    12. Once APN's are reset, Go to Settings -> Accounts ADD YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT
      [*]Once your Google Account is FULLY SYNCED, REBOOT INTO CWM RECOVERY
    13. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    14. Wipe Cache
    15. Install ZIP From SD Card
    16. Install Alien-Theme-2
    17. Reboot System

Do not Wipe Data/Factory Reset after Flashing the ROM, since you may be removing vital /data/apps and other things in the phone's filesystem, this could be the cause of the errors. If you do at some point need to factory reset your phone for any reason, I recommend just following this step-by-step guide again

You should be good after doing this step-by-step

Again, this is mostly a re-iteration of common knowledge, but I ask all of the people running into problems follow this to the period and see if they still have problems.