[DISCUSSION] General Discussion thread for CM11 [Android KK 4.4.~]

Search This thread

Mr GRiM

Dec 26, 2011
Cairns
www.virtualcustoms.net
Yeah video not working, still running a bit slow even when OC @ 806Mhz, fairly high RAM usage when I first installed but removed some of the built in apps and now runs much better, pretty low scores in Quadrant though, around 600.

johnny208

Aug 21, 2007
Ploiesti
Hi Guys,
Anything on the horizon!?
Do we have a daily use KitKat!?
Unfortunately my fit went to my wife for a couple of weeks until I get her something else. However, she was nagging me abt "that's not working" things all day so I've introduced to her the "stock" experience :)
But I miss to see how this ROM evolves so anybody that has a little spare time could you just do a little review!?
Thank you very much.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

amedra

Sep 16, 2013
Hi Guys,
Anything on the horizon!?
Do we have a daily use KitKat!?
Unfortunately my fit went to my wife for a couple of weeks until I get her something else. However, she was nagging me abt "that's not working" things all day so I've introduced to her the "stock" experience :)
But I miss to see how this ROM evolves so anybody that has a little spare time could you just do a little review!?
Thank you very much.

Firstly it's not good for daily use(yet), still in alpha stage, usefull things not workin properly (ex: camera, wifi, gps) but cm11 very fast and smooth than all roms (test results said, i did a lot of test on roms :D )

However for daily use i recommend these roms;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630039 (new, cm9.2, fast&smooth, workin' all things, daily use )

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543086 [great look, will update soon (use it after update so wait update to v4, workin all things, has some translation error (if your wife knows english, doesn't matter), smooth, daily use ]

Please use all roms with class10 sd card (8gb very cheap) and class 10 has very good results with these roms.

i tested a lot of roms with performance and battery results, and these are rly good until cm 11 stable relaese :) Cuz cm 11 rly cool for speed and battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnny208

Mr GRiM

Dec 26, 2011
Cairns
www.virtualcustoms.net
Firstly it's not good for daily use(yet), still in alpha stage, usefull things not workin properly (ex: camera, wifi, gps) but cm11 very fast and smooth than all roms (test results said, i did a lot of test on roms :D )

However for daily use i recommend these roms;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630039 (new, cm9.2, fast&smooth, workin' all things, daily use )

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543086 [great look, will update soon (use it after update so wait update to v4, workin all things, has some translation error (if your wife knows english, doesn't matter), smooth, daily use ]

Please use all roms with class10 sd card (8gb very cheap) and class 10 has very good results with these roms.

i tested a lot of roms with performance and battery results, and these are rly good until cm 11 stable relaese :) Cuz cm 11 rly cool for speed and battery.

I have to disagree with most things you just said, camera is working now, video still not, WiFi is working fine, GPS not sure about, I don't use it, as for speed well it's laggy as all hell and battery life is worse then any other CM, best score I can get with a full overclock using any setting is about 600 points running on quadrant, CPU score suffers the worst at about 250 points at worst, if you want a fast reliable and stable release then you should stick with GB builds like CM7.2 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1701310 or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2330263

Reactions: johnny208

amedra

Sep 16, 2013
Thanks guys...
Different opinions but very helpful.

i don't know what's the point he's talking about , but cm7 speed and smoothness confirmed.

BUT it's old, i gave you 4.x.x android versions links with cm7 speed and smoothness, cuz some apps not workin cm 7 based roms (old?!). Your decion, but new anroid versions have more features+.

Use greenify with 4.x.x + android versions, huge battery&ram improvements inc. :)

johnny208

Aug 21, 2007
Ploiesti
Replying on a post in dev thread.
Somebody is saying that kk is way too hardware hungry so devs should drop development on it...
Honestly, I believe that kk will be the last chance for our device. It is amazing that works already IMHO.
Bugs fixing and optimisations are the meaning of this entire forum right!? I also believe this way of thinking (stop supporting an older hardware with newer rom dev)is very similar with what hardware producers are doing.
I would bet 100 bucks that if Sammy would develop KK ROM for G Fit, it would be the fastest ROM (well....if that's ever gonna happen right;)
I see kk run on multiple devices and IMHO it is the fastest ROM out there. The only real problems are caused either by missing hardware drivers or default bugs from Google.
So, finally, please don't stop g fit development of new ROMs.

jemail

Sep 19, 2013
Moto G
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Somebody is saying that kk is way too hardware hungry so devs should drop development on it...
Honestly, I believe that kk will be the last chance for our device. It is amazing that works already IMHO.
Bugs fixing and optimisations are the meaning of this entire forum right!? I also believe this way of thinking (stop supporting an older hardware with newer rom dev)is very similar with what hardware producers are doing.
I would bet 100 bucks that if Sammy would develop KK ROM for G Fit, it would be the fastest ROM (well....if that's ever gonna happen right;)
I see kk run on multiple devices and IMHO it is the fastest ROM out there. The only real problems are caused either by missing hardware drivers or default bugs from Google.

I still don't think KK is the fastest ROM for Galaxy Fit. In fact, I know it is not. My own experience is that GingerBread is way faster and more responsive. GB > ICS > JB > KK in terms of speed and responsiveness. Now features are another matter. Some argue that KK is in fact a step backwards for customer usability. The need for the newest thing is not always the best thing.

I am not asking devs to stop supporting old hardware. But there comes a point after which no matter how you tweak some thing it will still run slow on your hardware. Witness the whole "my windows 7 runs slow" debate after Windows 7 was released, people were trying to run it on hardware that couldn't handle it.

I don't want developers to stop developing ROMS, I am merely suggesting that time could be used in a more constructive manner, to produce a complete, fully functional ROM, instead of chasing after the perceived latest and greatest. I would also like to point out that the devs here are hard working and do excellent work. As an example of this my daily driver is ElementaryUX, it is stable, and as far as can see complete, it also runs acceptably fast and it is not based on the latest and greatest android version.

I would agree with you, I don't want devs to stop developing new ROMs, but maybe just chose an android version that runs very well on our hardware and develop great ROMs based on that.

jemail

Reactions: tjkingg and Mr GRiM

ShuviterDjogja

Oct 5, 2012
Flashing newest build 22022014,still:
1. Dialer didnt resized (yet)
2. The time inaccurate. I try to restart the device,its show normal,than back to inaccurate ....dunno whats the problem
3 int2ext working properly, i prefer script than apk like link2sd
The rest,its more stable than before

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda app-developers app

galfit

Oct 16, 2012
Bari,Italy
Guys, I have a problem with this rom.. My phone's cell is often in "No service" mode, so i can't call and surfing net. Sometimes after a reboot it works, but not always... Suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I still don't think KK is the fastest ROM for Galaxy Fit. In fact, I know it is not. My own experience is that GingerBread is way faster and more responsive. GB > ICS > JB > KK in terms of speed and responsiveness. Now features are another matter. Some argue that KK is in fact a step backwards for customer usability. The need for the newest thing is not always the best thing.

I am not asking devs to stop supporting old hardware. But there comes a point after which no matter how you tweak some thing it will still run slow on your hardware. Witness the whole "my windows 7 runs slow" debate after Windows 7 was released, people were trying to run it on hardware that couldn't handle it.

I don't want developers to stop developing ROMS, I am merely suggesting that time could be used in a more constructive manner, to produce a complete, fully functional ROM, instead of chasing after the perceived latest and greatest. I would also like to point out that the devs here are hard working and do excellent work. As an example of this my daily driver is ElementaryUX, it is stable, and as far as can see complete, it also runs acceptably fast and it is not based on the latest and greatest android version.

I would agree with you, I don't want devs to stop developing new ROMs, but maybe just chose an android version that runs very well on our hardware and develop great ROMs based on that.

jemail
    Guys, to avoid clutter in original development section, this is the thread for all discussion, bug reports and all Talk excluding development will go here now onwards.

ROM LINK: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2581415

All credits to @yajnab for bringing Kitkat to this So-called Legacy Device (though it's not :p).

Enjoy the rom !

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk
    Hi people. Are there any noticeable changes in the latest nightlies!? I've seen some updates on jerkins... Anything new!?
    In my opinion this ROM is great but if I install gapps (whatever) it starts getting sluggish... Also, I almost never touch my Fit and it's getting discharged in 2 days (dead). With any other I got like 5 days... (Again I am not using the phone, no data, no WiFi, no phonecalls)

The specific changelog of each nightly is at Jenkins Review on Merged but yajnab said that he is off developing for a while... so the team is slower by a man...

How much internal memory is available in this rom?

I got 110 mb free at first boot. You can install Data2SD script from dev thread and the internal won`t be an issue anymore ( as long as you have a partioned SD card )

Read the posts about sd-ext.
    oo,ce bine un roman pe aici :)),tu ce folosesti ?

whitch rom do you use ?

Mda... Romani sunt peste tot. :))

Here's a fun fact... I installed CM11 used it for a couple of weeks. Nice, amazingly stable (considering) but battery.... phew.
    Don't get me wrong, I use my fit when I remember I have it but without touching it (no data, WiFi, calls, just standby) the battery was gone in 2 days.
    Well, I wanted to install an update and ended up with bootloop without recovery (can't remember if it was update ROM or gapps package). So, I installed stock ROM via Odin... Wow. I flashed all the versions of CM available but IMHO the best ROM for our oldie remains gingerbread.
    However, the amount of work devs are putting into this, just for us to get a taste of the new pie, makes me charge my fit often although I'm not actually using it. ;)
    So, prietene, give it a try, feel the thrill and if you like it I'm sure you'll adapt like me and use it. If you plan your next ROM flash to be in a month or two then this ROM ain't for you. Remember: stock is rock.

Even i too use jellybread rom. I asked OP to port latest version but he said he had no time at all :(