keep losing data, is there a baseband update?

Search This thread

dougsdir

Sep 20, 2004
For a while now my galaxy note has been losing mobile internet.
Ive noticed that data just stops working, sometimes i will lose the letter indicator is (H or 3G) but i can still make calls. Other times the indicator will still be there but data wont work. This happens maybe once every couple of days
I know its not the rom as it happened when i used slimbean and also happens on cyanogenmod.
I know its not the carrier as it happened when i was with T Mobile up until last month. Im on Three now and it does it just as much.
to rectify it i have to either switch off data then back on, if this doesnt work, i try aeroplane mode, if thise doesnt work i have to reboot the phone. If i reboot then data comes back straight away.
I wondered if an upgrade to the baseband would help. im on N7000XXLT3. my phone is unbranded and unlocked and was originally on TMobile when purchased.

I found this article:

http://androidromupdate.com/2013/07...xxlt9-landed-in-uk-samsung-galaxy-note-n7000/

which states

Select the exact stock firmware file according to your country of origin.
Unbranded Stock 4.1.2 N7000XXLT9 Firmware:
N7000XXLT9_N7000OXXLT3_XEU.zip - United Kingdom, Ireland

is this the rom i need to flash? i realize this will take me back to stock.
can i expect any trouble flashing this rom? ie brick?

thanks

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
What do you mean? There is a thread about modems.. Just search in Google for all radio n7000. Get the xxlso modem and flash it from recovery.