Problems with galaxy s5 network

Search This thread

GeoffreyM

Jun 16, 2014
Hello guys! long time lurker, first time poster here.

I have a galaxy s5

recently the phone acted extremely weird when i first used it. So i flashed the phone and re-installed the android software which fixed all the weird problems i was having.

Now im still having 1 problem. with my SIM card installed i have full network (5 bars) when i try to make a phone call i get a "not registered on network" error. I remove my SIM card, the network is still present (5 bars)

I seem to have full signal at all times with or without my SIM card. The phone does not acknowledge the SIM when i put the SIM card in or when i remove it.

Did i do something wrong when i flashed my phone? i installed the same stock ROM that was on the phone with the proper carrier (videotron)

I need your help!
Thank you in advance.

GeoffreyM

Jun 16, 2014
i forgot to mention that the phone is rooted. If i could somehow figure out how to reset the carrier settings i think it might help. :confused:

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
i forgot to mention that the phone is rooted. If i could somehow figure out how to reset the carrier settings i think it might help. :confused:
have you tried going into settings, Mobile Networks, and then Network search? and let it sit and pick your own network? do you have another active sim you could maybe try?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

GeoffreyM

Jun 16, 2014
have you tried going into settings, Mobile Networks, and then Network search? and let it sit and pick your own network? do you have another active sim you could maybe try?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried selecting my own network manually serveral times with 2 different SIM cards.. It didn't change anything. I still have full service without a SIM card.

SwissAndroidX

Mar 9, 2014
Bern
Maybe you flashed a wrong modem for your area, try to flash the right and newest modem for your area. If that takes no effect, contact your service provider.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app