SGS2 Mini with 3.7" screen

Search This thread

Tennis11

Nov 25, 2010
I dont get this. Why would you want something worse than the real deal...

Never live in the past but always learn from it.

sarsh11

Apr 7, 2010
I dont get this. Why would you want something worse than the real deal...

Never live in the past but always learn from it.

Maybe because not everyone has a thousand dollars to splurge on a phone?
The Mini is obviously going to cost lesser than the S2, so it gives people an alternative to buying the 'Ultimate Flagship' phone.

-A-P-M-

May 4, 2010
Because not everyone want to have "laptop" in a pocket. For a primary phone which is used daily I find 4.3 screen too big. Still SGS2 or HTC Pyramid will most probably be my next phone, but before I buy it, I want to check how it goes into a pocket. My current HTC Desire have good dimensions, but is already almost one year old so I have to buy something new. If SGS2 is too big, then SGS2 Mini will be good choice. Looks like it has even faster processor (1.4 ghz).

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
Well looks like it's a cheaper version with a non dual core processor and a camera with lower resolution

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

-A-P-M-

May 4, 2010
Well looks like it's a cheaper version with a non dual core processor and a camera with lower resolution

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

A lot of people complain that 4.3" screen is too big, so its smart move to offer similar hardware (dualcore etc) with smaller display and smaller dimensions.

I would already pre-order Desire S if it would be dualcore.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

xilw3r

Dec 10, 2010
galaxy S II mini has no dual core. well no one actually said what it has for real, but people are guessing its a snapdragon, overclocked msm8655 i believe. i rather wait for official samsung announcement (hoping its a hummingbird, not snapdragon, dont really care about dual core/camera)

if this costs simillar (or close enough) as xperia neo, i will get sgs II mini :)

silverwolf0

Apr 10, 2007
3.7 is the new mini! 4.0 is average, 4.3 is big, 4.5 is yummy big, and 5.0 is sleddable. Like how they secretly enlarge shirt and pants sizes as the world gets fatter.

Ayrlupine

Dec 31, 2009
I think everyone needs to take the "Mini" part relatively.
Compared to 4.3" a 3.7" screen is certainly the smaller brother!
I think 4.3" will get the job done for me though. (I imagine that's something "she" definitely didn't say.)

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
Because not everyone want to have "laptop" in a pocket. For a primary phone which is used daily I find 4.3 screen too big. Still SGS2 or HTC Pyramid will most probably be my next phone, but before I buy it, I want to check how it goes into a pocket. My current HTC Desire have good dimensions, but is already almost one year old so I have to buy something new. If SGS2 is too big, then SGS2 Mini will be good choice. Looks like it has even faster processor (1.4 ghz).

For the millionth time, the SGS2 has virtually the same dimensions as the SGS. In some dimensions it's smaller...

Sent from my Captivate

FLAC Vest

Sep 8, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Because not everyone wants to have a 4.3 inch screen. Right now I have both the Nexus 1 and tthe Captivate and I love the Nexus 1 so much more.

And I love a larger screen, just for the record.

All in all, the size along with a lower price point are reasons to why there is a Mini

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA Premium App