Fix for touchscreen (temporary solution)

Search This thread

stevendeb25

May 27, 2010
england
pnht.org
Ok I had the screen problems now for 6-8months. Cant be without my phone as most users. I mod a lot and always need to battery pull. Which as caused the problem of the 1cm dead strip which affects game play and letters WESZ on the touch keyboard.

My solution is not ideal but it works. Am not technical minded at all.

1) you need a strip of thin metal.

IMAG0121.jpg

This is what I used. A old hard speaker cover I think this was

2) I cut it into a strip of around 0.5mm wide 1cm long

IMAG0123.jpg

3) remove battery and place right hand side of fingerprint scanner

IMAG0124.jpg

4) replace battery (might be a tight fit)

5) replace back cover

IMAG0126.jpg

6) bend the strip over

Works for me screen perfect now. I can pull battery. Replace the strip. Replace the battery. Boot and screen is prefect again.

Hope this help some of you guys.

Maybe someone can find a more ideal way?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

gooyyaoyao

Apr 16, 2011
shenzhen
That works!!!!!!!!i just slightly pull the fingerprint sensor up! the dead area comes back to work!!!!!!!!amazing!!!!!

i think the problem lies in the digitizer bus connector!

TravisAntonio

Jul 14, 2011
Santo Domingo
I thought you were going to post something like take out your digitizer and put glue stick on it all :p lmao! just kidding.

So this works... let's see...

EDIT (WORKS!):

So odd... this works better than punch the phone, haha. Nah it just worked fine =), It's a workaround till my digitizer arrives, also I use the Fingerprint so this is a problem either ways lol... but

Thank you and God bless you.

EDIT 2 lol:

Did you ever try buying a new digitizer, or do you think it's some other problem? because I bought a digitizer already and it is on it's way to me.

Last edited:

stevendeb25

May 27, 2010
england
pnht.org
Bump for all the screen problems. Screen still good since i posted this

Remember it needs to be exactly right it will work

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Sir_Brizz

Apr 14, 2009
Provo Area
Unfortunately I ca't get this to consistently work with the credit card solution. Even if I edge it, there is only one specific position where it seems to work properly.

stevendeb25

May 27, 2010
england
pnht.org
Unfortunately I ca't get this to consistently work with the credit card solution. Even if I edge it, there is only one specific position where it seems to work properly.

How you doing it not using a full credit card lol?

Need something bit less flexible that why I used hard metal. I tried cardboard folded. Paper folded

Try paperclip

stevendeb25

May 27, 2010
england
pnht.org
A fat paperclip works too, but it is also unstable. In some positions it works, in other positions it doesn't.

I take battery out insert paperclip replace battery then bend paperclip over the scanner.

Battery keeps it in place,

Mine is 1mm into the scanner on the right.

Once you got it into place and stuck there your screen will be fine.

Sir_Brizz

Apr 14, 2009
Provo Area
I take battery out insert paperclip replace battery then bend paperclip over the scanner.

Battery keeps it in place,

Mine is 1mm into the scanner on the right.

Once you got it into place and stuck there your screen will be fine.

Can you take a picture with the paper clip inserted so I can try to get the positioning right?

manrock111

May 9, 2011
Internet
thanks bro please can you provide more clear view pic and instructions im really confused ..

If possible make 1 min video?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok I had the screen problems now for 6-8months. Cant be without my phone as most users. I mod a lot and always need to battery pull. Which as caused the problem of the 1cm dead strip which affects game play and letters WESZ on the touch keyboard.

My solution is not ideal but it works. Am not technical minded at all.

1) you need a strip of thin metal.

IMAG0121.jpg

This is what I used. A old hard speaker cover I think this was

2) I cut it into a strip of around 0.5mm wide 1cm long

IMAG0123.jpg

3) remove battery and place right hand side of fingerprint scanner

IMAG0124.jpg

4) replace battery (might be a tight fit)

5) replace back cover

IMAG0126.jpg

6) bend the strip over

Works for me screen perfect now. I can pull battery. Replace the strip. Replace the battery. Boot and screen is prefect again.

Hope this help some of you guys.

Maybe someone can find a more ideal way?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App
    Hi KRYSTIANP,

Thanks for your sharing, now I could fix my screen touch problem,
    But sometimes, it comes back so I have to bend or push on the top to cover the problem
    Can you advise me to fix this problem out permanently?
    Thanks in advance! :)

My touchscreen is having problems again so i'll try to workout a permanent solution for this problem in few days.
    Hi guys,

I was playing with broken touchscreen. Attached image where you can see how it looks after removing everything that was glued to it. You can see here that vertical lines are close to headset jack and horizontal lines are close to front camera. This might help you decide where to place that piece of plastic. I'm testing few methods which hopefully will give more permanent solution but will require removing touchscreen as you'll need access to that points. Using plastic puts more tension on adhesive tape (connecting touchscreen to atrix case) so after some time it will loosen up and problem will come back. I was hoping to have it done by now (my methods), but fortunatelly/unfortunatelly my touchscreen fixed himself for now. So i'm waiting for the problem to come back ;)
    My atrix was starting to act up and over time my touch screen completely quit. I saw this post and tried it and it fixed my problems. I actually used a foil wrapper from a Reese's peanut butter cup. I then order a new touch screen because my screen was always slightly off I would click on the delete key and it would type a "L". After I replaced the digitizer everything was great for a couple days my calibration is now perfect. But my screen slowly started to act up again and now randomly quits working. Now I'm using a small piece of cardboard from a frozen dinner. It doesn't always work. I found that taking the battery cover off and just rubbing the battery will make it start working again. I am a hardware Guy, I've been repairing electronics for probably about 15 years now and I have to admit this is a weird problem. When I had my atrix apart looked over everything with a magnifier glass and cold not find any imperfections in the flex cable. I ordered a new flex cable on eBay from a China seller so I'm waiting for it to arrive now. After it comes I'm going to tear my phone down again and find exactly what the problem is. I will try to find a easy perment fix for everyone who isn't so willing to tear open their phone and start swapping out parts. Oh and the only reason I decided to fix this in the first place is because of the dev team's work on the new kernal. The atrixs screen is just the perfect size so I'm very greatful for their work since it will make it so that I don't have to switch to a new rediculously sized phone.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
    Hello everyone,

I saw this topic and due to so many people saying that this solution worked I have decided to try it too. As expected, it worked and screen was completely responsive once again.

I have noticed that It seems you have to be absolutely careful on how to put the piece of object next to the battery. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I have been doing some testing but I still coudn't find the optimal spot for the object. For now all I can say is that this trick can only be sucessful when you use the back cover of the Atrix to press the object against the fingerprint sensor. Because of this I'm worried that I might damage my Atrix by pushing the power button too often. Gladly this can be avoided by using the Volume Rocker option available in most of custom ROMs for our device.

As many of you probably concluded, it looks like that the problem is not necessarily related to a malfunctioning digitizer. I don't know much, but it looks like there may be some loose/ broken connections inside the region where the fingerprint sensor is and this trick reactivates these connections. I am planning on opening my Atrix, but I still don't have the necessary tools to do so. Just ordered then.

Thank you so much for contributing with this magic workaround.

I opened it myself and replaced the whole of the flex cable together with the digitizer so there was no chance that it was the flex cable fault. When I started up my atrix I noticed that the part of the screen that was unresponsive before, now worked, but the screen was unresponsive elsewhere... anyway it might be my mistake for not being an expert on changing digitizers or the Chinese digitizer's fault. The third replacement will show

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2