[Q] Insufficient Storage Space - GAPPS

Search This thread

Nephilimator

Jan 7, 2013
Was trying to follow this posts guidelines for CM11 since so many people are having problems getting data:

MonstaDriva said:
I assume your on sprint . Your actually doing more stuff than is required or needed . Instead of loading Jellybean I'd one click ICS FL24 Rooted NoData from Rwilco
Then mobile odin and load El29 DirectBoot kernal also at rwilco . Its the only one I've ever used and worked flawlessly always . Its imperative that while your booted into FL24 you need to go ahead and update your profile and prl and make sure your telephony and data us all working and ready to go before you flash EL29 or anything else . Mobile odin and flash EL29 . Once you load el29 cwm flash HoodPope Nov 22 build and you don't have to boot into the rom , just hold your keys and go right back into recovery . You don't have to do that x2 stuff and by flashing FL24 you already have the modem you need if your on sprint . Then just flash Villumnati and pa gapps mini modular . Before you flash Villmanti do factory data reset , wipe cache and wipe Dalvik , flash Vil and Gapps and there ain't a reason in the world you shouldn't be up and running fine with data . There is no trick with this rom and its not that finicky about gapps . It runs great .

As Kthomson said in the next post you could forego loading Hoodpope and just load the Blasphemy kernal he recommended instead .

Everything goes pretty well except when i get to the part reset data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and flash Vil and Gapps my gpapps complains:

Code:
"PA GApps Mini modular 4.4.2 - 20140307

mounting system....
andriod 4.4.x. rom detected

insufficient sotrage space available in system partition. you may want to use a small gapps (micro gapps)

Should i be trying to flash micro gapps? Why can't the phone even handle the mini? I can boot into CM11 now but tons of crashing since i was unable to update gapps, plus still no data. :eek:

HighxVoltage

Nov 24, 2013
Yes, use the micro gapps. When CM11 flashed on the device. It takes up about 400 or megs of the system partition. Our device has 503MB total for the system partition. Mini gapps in total is around 125-128 I believe. Add the 400 megs and how many megs the mini gapps are... Insufficient room in the system partition.

As for data, flash the Jan 12 build and make sure you are on an ICS modem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

harwood0808

Sep 3, 2010
portland
better gapps option

Was trying to follow this posts guidelines for CM11 since so many people are having problems getting data:

Everything goes pretty well except when i get to the part reset data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and flash Vil and Gapps my gpapps complains:

Code:
"PA GApps Mini modular 4.4.2 - 20140307

mounting system....
andriod 4.4.x. rom detected

insufficient sotrage space available in system partition. you may want to use a small gapps (micro gapps)

Should i be trying to flash micro gapps? Why can't the phone even handle the mini? I can boot into CM11 now but tons of crashing since i was unable to update gapps, plus still no data. :eek:

I would rather suggest the DHO gapps on the VANIR thread under original development. Its right about 80MBs and has always booted right up with any rom I run and I'm a flashaholic to say the least. Apps are debloated way down in size and have some nice tweaks. Just my 2 cents. With a flash