Battery life: HD vs HD+ and CM10.1 vs CM10.2

Search This thread
I have an HD running 10.1.3 stable and my wife's HD+ is on 10.2.1 stable. Her battery life is significantly worse than mine. I do mostly websurfing and forums, she does websurfing and a crossword puzzle app. Today the HD battery charge was 65% after 1 day, 15 hours. The HD+ was 14% after 2 days 14 hours. The strange thing is Android OS was the #1 user on the HD+ and Google Services was 2nd, together they totaled 35%. On the HD, screen was #1 user and tablet idle was #2 (Android OS was #3).

So my questions are: 1) are there significant battery life differences between the HD and the HD+ and 2) does 10.2.1 consume more charge than 10.1.3 given similar usage?

Added: I set up both tablets so other than the CM version, they are set up almost identically.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2092952

I have an HD running 10.1.3 stable and my wife's HD+ is on 10.2.1 stable. Her battery life is significantly worse than mine. I do mostly websurfing and forums, she does websurfing and a crossword puzzle app. Today the HD battery charge was 65% after 1 day, 15 hours. The HD+ was 14% after 2 days 14 hours. The strange thing is Android OS was the #1 user on the HD+ and Google Services was 2nd, together they totaled 35%. On the HD, screen was #1 user and tablet idle was #2 (Android OS was #3).

So my questions are: 1) are there significant battery life differences between the HD and the HD+ and 2) does 10.2.1 consume more charge than 10.1.3 given similar usage?

Added: I set up both tablets so other than the CM version, they are set up almost identically.

I think you need to think this through a bit more...

The HD and the HD+ are two quite different devices. The hd has a smaller screen and is 720p. The hd+ has a bigger screen and is 1080p. The hd+ requires more power to push that + more light output because of bigger screen. And more. They cannot really be compared apples to apples. The hd+ will definitely consume more battery than the hd.

Adding two different ROM versions only compounds it.

If you want to know if there's difference battery life between 10.1 & 10.2 then it will have to be done on the same device. In that case, I've noticed no or little difference from 10.1 through 11.0.

Google services is a hog the farther down the line you go. https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=google+services+kitkat&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 - though its been improved from the earlier problems and disabling google search helps too or whatever else. On mine with heavy usage google services are somewhere < 2% atm (cm11).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to know if there's difference battery life between 10.1 & 10.2 then it will have to be done on the same device. In that case, I've noticed no or little difference from 10.1 through 11.0.

Thanks. I added an app to hers that kills processes when the Nook is sleeping (can't remember the name off hand) and that definitely improved her battery life.