Themes for 4EXT Recovery Touch

Search This thread

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Wow, that solar system theme is very nice looking :)
Few questions here though! When using this, will this interfere at all when updating the recovery to the next version? Or can I just update as normal?
And if I wanted to go back to the stock recovery theme, how would I do so?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
Few questions here though! When using this, will this interfere at all when updating the recovery to the next version? Or can I just update as normal?

When I updated from the "classic" 4EXT to the Touch, I still had the beats theme activated. Think there's a folder that contains the UI setup, either on the SD or the phone itself.

Reactions: resynx

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator

First: No, it won't interfere at all. The theming engine is an integral part of 4ext Recovery, so the theme will most probably even survive the update without reapplying it. If the theme should be gone or partially gone after a 4ext-update, just reflash it.
Second: If you want to remove it, got to "tools" and select "remove theme". Then go to "Power Menu" and "reboot recovery" - voilá

Reactions: resynx

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Just installed the solar system theme.... OMG it is so nice!! Thank you, thank you :D

mwr666

Dec 6, 2008
Screenshot

Can you tell me how to make screenshots in 4ext touch recovery?

SiPiNwItMyDrOiD

Nov 5, 2011
Milwaukee
Great Themes

Today i flashed Arhd for the 1'st time in a couple months cause i got hooked on rcmix with all the tweaks they have,but when i flashed arhd 4.1.10 and i went to ext 4 and seen that it changed and it was touchscreen, i felt like the biggest geek in the world cause i shook in excitement and almost dropped my dam phone. And to all that think im over exasperating than you are wrong. I go nuts over stuff like this. But seriously right now you are the man for these themes. Thank you so much!

tryll1980

Mar 13, 2009
Yes. Just use the search button anytime inside the recovery. Just installed the neon theme. Love it! Thnx bud!

Sent from my Sensation using Forum Runner

I AM M07S

Sep 23, 2011
Rotorua
That's not quantum physics :D. Just download one of them and extract to a folder.
Its a bunch of graphics files and a prop-file with all the variables.
The rest is searching of picture-sources, photoshop, some calculation of sizes and a bit of imagination ;).

so i did this and noticed that both neon and scribble both have the files btn_tex and btn_tex_disabled but starwars and solar system dont. What are these exactly? because it doesnt even show a picture either and i am really keen to make an ics theme. Help please:eek:

Edit: By the way i love scribble, and another question if i leave the theme.prop what will be the result of using with a different theme

Edit#2: last question how do i make progress bar because yours seem to be one image/png file

Last edited:

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator
so i did this and noticed that both neon and scribble both have the files btn_tex and btn_tex_disabled but starwars and solar system dont. What are these exactly? because it doesnt even show a picture either and i am really keen to make an ics theme. Help please:eek:

Edit: By the way i love scribble, and another question if i leave the theme.prop what will be the result of using with a different theme

Edit#2: last question how do i make progress bar because yours seem to be one image/png file

Sorry for not answering so long:eek:.
btn_tex and the other one are needed when you use your own yes/no buttons, They are the background for them (here transparent pngs
As theme.prop defines the sizes and alpho-modes of each use icon using the wrong theme.prop will leave a chaos on your screen when used with another theme :D. Be careful, in some cases a wrong build.prop will even freeze your phone when starting recovery.

Progressbar MUST be one png with all needed frames in a regular grid, each pic the same size. Size of grid must be defined in build.prop.

Reactions: I AM M07S

Ditamae

Oct 30, 2010
Hi Jotha. Your themes are so wonderful. :) I just installed "Neon" for Classic Recovery on a friend's Sensation and I love it so much, I was wondering if you (perhaps) had this theme for a 480X800 device? I use the G2/DZ... either way, I wanted to say, wow & thank you. :)

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi Jotha. Your themes are so wonderful. :) I just installed "Neon" for Classic Recovery on a friend's Sensation and I love it so much, I was wondering if you (perhaps) had this theme for a 480X800 device? I use the G2/DZ... either way, I wanted to say, wow & thank you. :)
Sorry for not answering so long. I don't have Sensation anymore and the phones I used (Galaxy Nexus and now HTC One X) have no 4ext recovery yet :(.

I don't get you. There is a version for 480x800 directly under the preview picture. If there is 4ext recovery for your phone, just use it even if it's not a Desire HD ;).

Reactions: Ditamae

Ditamae

Oct 30, 2010
Sorry for not answering so long. I don't have Sensation anymore and the phones I used (Galaxy Nexus and now HTC One X) have no 4ext recovery yet :(.

I don't get you. There is a version for 480x800 directly under the preview picture. If there is 4ext recovery for your phone, just use it even if it's not a Desire HD ;).

I thought my question might be a little confusing... you created a theme (also called NEON) for the Classic version of 4EXT which is quite different than the the theme titled NEON in this thread (screenshot below). I was actually wondering if you had this particular theme for a 480x800 device. No worries though! I'll probably be moving on to the HTC One S soon anyway. ;)

Attachments

• snap20120129_232705.jpg
    snap20120129_232705.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 154

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some Themes for 4EXT Recovery Touch

Here I present some Themes for the fantastic 4ext Recovery Touch by madmaxx82, which you can download here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1377759

Those themes were made during beta-testing the recovery and it's fabulous theming possibilities partly as a proof of concept and to test the theming engine of the recovery.

As the recovery will be developed further, these themes will be adapted and developed also.

Please be advised that these themes will NOT work with 4ext Recovery classic

Installation: Place on SD-Card and flash in Recovery, then restart recovery
    (Soon to come: Install from 4ext App)

Starwars-Theme for 4ext Recovery Touch

4ext-starwars.jpg

This theme features different pictures of the famous Starwars movies on each screen of the recovery plus a progress-bar in form of a light-sabre.

HTC Sensation version (960x540 devices) : Download
    HTC Desire HD version (800x480 devices) : Download

Solar-System-Theme for 4ext Recovery Touch

4ext-solar-system.jpg

This theme features the planets of our solar system as icons on main menu and a beautiful picture of the corresponding planet on the sub-screens of the recovery.

Neon-Theme for 4ext Recovery Touch

4ext-neon.jpg

This theme features neon texts in main menu and on each screen. Progress is a glowing neon shield

Scribble-Theme for 4ext Recovery Touch

4ext-scribble.jpg

This theme features "hand-written" texts on drawing-paper. Progress is an animation I downloaded from the web some time ago. It's not from me. I have only converted and modified it. If you are the oroginal creator, contact me and I'll properly cite you.

Many Thanks to CraacK and Whiskey103 from ARHD-Team for their support on the DHD-Versions and to madmaxx82 for the opportunity to work on this great piece of software.

Can I ask how are your making these great themes jotha.
    Regards
    Barry

That's not quantum physics :D. Just download one of them and extract to a folder.
    Its a bunch of graphics files and a prop-file with all the variables.
    The rest is searching of picture-sources, photoshop, some calculation of sizes and a bit of imagination ;).
    Added new Theme "Scribble" to OP :).
    Added new Theme "Neon" to OP ;)
    I've just bought the full app of 4ext because if this touch advance, wanted to thank you for the star wars theme, great work :)

You're welcome ;).