Sim card randomly dropping out.....? Sim not found...

Search This thread

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
I have lost all service now. In Ventura. Nothing works to bring it back

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

trook

Sep 7, 2010
Costa Mesa CA
I'm doing a site in Calabasas right now, I know of sites all over Ventura being upgraded and I haven't heard anyone from anywhere else than so CA speak up so it's got to be the network. Well at least we're narrowing it down. I have site's going everywhere in so cal, San Diego, Idyllwild, Riverside, I'll definitely report this to the market manager on Monday. So trippy cause my test phone doesn't show any site issues on the tower by my house but it's still happening. Anyone not in southern California have this problem?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

bertbear

Apr 14, 2008
Same here

Both my wife's M8 and mine are doing this. Both bone stock in the San Fernando valley. Driving us nuts. Will watch this thread.

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
So all my issues are gone now. Hangouts working correctly too. Think it was a network issue. Were all of u in Cali?

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Wow, that was a scare. Hopefully it was just a Network issue. Almost thought i broke my phone and wasted all the time flashing back to previous backed up roms through twrp, doing factory resets, etc.

I just sent a couple mms pictures around 1mb in size to my work cell and worked fine. Also sent a group mms and worked fine. Only did these 3 so far to test today as it's early still for me but no sim card issue today yet :highfive:.

Guess we can at least rule out at this point it's a hardware/sim card issue hopefully?

Found this, http://downdetector.com/status/verizon-communications/news/11814-problems-at-verizon-communications

jayle007

Jun 11, 2010
Same here in San Diego. NO preparing sim card message for 1 full day now. I think it was a network issue. What was interesting is that my phone lost root access when the network went down. I had to reinstall superSu to get root back. Weird.

Wow, that was a scare. Hopefully it was just a Network issue. Almost thought i broke my phone and wasted all the time flashing back to previous backed up roms through twrp, doing factory resets, etc.

I just sent a couple mms pictures around 1mb in size to my work cell and worked fine. Also sent a group mms and worked fine. Only did these 3 so far to test today as it's early still for me but no sim card issue today yet :highfive:.

Guess we can at least rule out at this point it's a hardware/sim card issue hopefully?

Found this, http://downdetector.com/status/verizon-communications/news/11814-problems-at-verizon-communications

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
ere3uqup.jpg
Yeah. I think it's network issue. How many days did it happen?

At least 3 days of weirdness for me. I'm now back to getting amazing battery life.

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
I've been having an issue lately where the Sim card becomes undetectable and I lose all network access til I eject the Sim card and re-insert it. Very annoying and dangerous while driving. It just happened while I was writing this post in fact.

I am uncertain as to why this is happening... I just took a look at the Sim card and noticed it had some smudges on it possibly from the initial install but I did drop the phone once and am wondering if it impacted the Sim card area and it's now fubared... I dunno, hopefully wiping it down good will prevent any future instances but... We'll see. I just put on my tempered glass protector so if I have to get a replacement I'll be pretty unhappy.

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
Follow up: I did have the issue again. I think it's a connection issue with the sim. I took the tray out, physically bent it just a little to angle the tray DOWN in an attempt to improve the contact of the sim with the phone. It seems to have worked as I haven't had an issue since.

The tray is made of a very durable metal so bending it is very hard. The bend I made is not noticeable, but I notice that when inserted it sits slightly different along the edge. That tiny bit of extra pressure connecting the phone with the sim seems to have corrected it.

chiilguy

Nov 26, 2008
Preparing sim card

Hey folks, I just thought I would share my experience even tho my M8 is stock on T-Mobile. I started to randomly get the "preparing sim card" message, often times when downloading multiple updates from Google Play. I read thru all the forums and tried taking out the sim, cleaning it, and putting a thin layer of tape on the top so that it fits more securely in the sim tray slot. This helped for a while and then the problem returned. After reading further forum posts, I disabled the "My.T-Mobile" app and other T-mo related apps; so far this has seemed to fix the issue. Try as I might I have not been able to get the error again (hope I am not jixing myself) I know you guys are Verizon but that they have similar apps... It may be worth a try to disable them and see. I love the phone but the error was really buggin me. Hope this may help someone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I actually received a group mms today and it happened. I'm stock, rooted, s-off, running xposed and I got the phone on the release date, mine too was fine until a few days ago. Wtf is happening?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app