[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies

Search This thread

C-Fu

Jan 4, 2013
Help!

Coming from rooted stock, I flashed the CWM safeboot as mentioned here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2692836

I then flashed CM11 nightly. so far so good. Rebooted, and was presented with the red safeboot recovery.

Flashed the CWM recovery again, and all is well. flashed CM11 again, and rebooted. splash screen came up, and then blank.

tried adb into the Ouya, and it says

015d8bed2b13f20c unauthorized

so I can't adb reboot recovery. What can I do now? How do I access into recovery? :( :crying:

tevil

Aug 10, 2011
New Haven, CT
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Hi all, I have a rooted OUYA with a ton of stuff installed.
I have been debating on installing this for a while. Is it worth it over the regular OUYA UI?
Can I still play games, access a USB stick,
I was hoping to use this with my audio evolution app for recording . Does the bootloader let you dual boot to different UIs?
Could I put CM on the usb and keep the OUYA interface on the ouya itself since it asks with every boot?
thanks

gledymeister

Nov 27, 2014
Help!

Coming from rooted stock, I flashed the CWM safeboot as mentioned here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2692836

I then flashed CM11 nightly. so far so good. Rebooted, and was presented with the red safeboot recovery.

Flashed the CWM recovery again, and all is well. flashed CM11 again, and rebooted. splash screen came up, and then blank.

tried adb into the Ouya, and it says

015d8bed2b13f20c unauthorized

so I can't adb reboot recovery. What can I do now? How do I access into recovery? :( :crying:

plug in keyboard and try this way to boot into recovery: in this order press these keys: (alt+ print screen.sysreq+i) hold all for a second or two then release, wait for a second or two and do again. Keep doing this until the light on the bottom of the Ouya goes off; the light will come back on again and should boot you into recovery. these keys are similar to the ctrl+alt+del for PC... it starts shutting down processes until all are shutdown then reboots into recovery..... I think this is part of the kernel not the ROM... I hope if not sorry I don't know of any other way... maybe the CM ROM has some kind of keyboard command?
I just tried this, however on rooted stock ROM... it took me over a minute of doing this... I also don't think holding it down for longer than a second is necessary or waiting more than a second between each time... it might take longer with the CM ROM... possibly up to 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Fu

alquistador

Jan 3, 2011
I have an Ouya that was a later build and needs a special copy of cm11 for the blue tooth to work. I was wondering if anyone has tried the newer cm12 or later and will it work with my current driver's?

Debr

Jan 7, 2017
Additionally try this

Printscreen-SysReq is one key. You need a full size keyboard I guess.

Also try
adb kill-server
Unplug the ouya from your pc
Then create a fresh .android directory on your pc system
Try to connect again

Next time before flashing cm11 first flash the ouya boot menu (see s-config.com) that allows entering recovery with additional power button presses on the ouya itself.

Reactions: 16v

TunerSG

Oct 3, 2013
Any way to bring back a working On-Screen keyboard? Just installed this on my OUYA and the only major issues I have are...

1) Can't use the mouse when watching video. That means no rewind/pause/forward in Netflix and I can't exit video in PBS Kids

2) Lack of an onscreen keyboard. The standard Android keyboard does not allow you to use arrow and "select" keys on a game controller or remote to type.

This is a very solid ROM. I'm using "TV Launcher" since the OUYA launcher is not displaying properly. On a bright side, "TV Launcher" does allow you to edit your icons. :)

to solve ur 1) problem, under settings->developer options, check Disable HW overlays

Barkfin

Nov 13, 2016
Ouya spontaneously only gives black screen

Ok I had updated my silver launch Ouya to CM11 (nightly 20160312) months ago, and it had worked pretty good.
Then I went to use it a few days ago, it boots past CWM 6.0.4.8 to nothing but a black screen.
I know it was working because the OUYA controller paired via bluetooth readily. Nothing on the display however.

So I went to recovery and I've reflashed the OS about 10 times now, and it always fails the same way.

Latest thing I tried:
-mount system, cache, data
-format system, cache, data
-install zip from sd: recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.8-ouya; ouyabootmenu-mlq-v2.0.4; cm-11-20160312-NIGHTLY-ouya (first time) OR lineage-11-20170301-NIGHTLY-ouya (second time) OR cm-11-20170103-NIGHTLY-MLQ-ouya (third time); gapps-kk-20140105; ouya-keylayouts-1.02.
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache
-wipe dalvik

Reboot

Goes past CWM 6.0.4.8 (this part works every single time)
and then
Boots to Black Screen!!! Every single time.

Maybe I should format data + sd card and use ADB to transfer the zips over again??
I know the video output works because it never fails to display CWM recovery options, every single boot, so I don't necessarily think I've got a broken OUYA.
I am using ethernet with a gigabit switch, not wi-fi. I have a real groovy wireless keyboard/trackpad thing, sort of kidney-shaped, has media joystick at top left and cursor joystick at top right, wireless receiver plugged into the USB - I use this to operate CWM. I had the ADB transfer cable plugged in (pulled out of Win10 host PC) but I just tried it again with ADB transfer cable pulled from the OUYA, same black screen boot.

Help!

Last edited:

fabiox2005

Jul 11, 2012
Port rom Emtec Gem Box Gamefly

Hello Milaq, I got the link from an android console and wanted to know if you do not want to take a look and try to show it to ouya. Well it's a game with a native game, which is very good for raising the available game and its launcher is super cool ... anything that leaves the manufacturer and rom link for you and any one here of xda...
http://www.emtec-international.com/en-us/gem-box
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Amj5guHBqaWHpwUm5fTVhSVHM/view?usp=sharing
:D:D:D:D:D:D

ojerez01

Dec 30, 2008
Ok I had updated my silver launch Ouya to CM11 (nightly 20160312) months ago, and it had worked pretty good.
Then I went to use it a few days ago, it boots past CWM 6.0.4.8 to nothing but a black screen.
I know it was working because the OUYA controller paired via bluetooth readily. Nothing on the display however.

So I went to recovery and I've reflashed the OS about 10 times now, and it always fails the same way.

Latest thing I tried:
-install zip from sd: recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.8-ouya; ouyabootmenu-mlq-v2.0.4; cm-11-20160312-NIGHTLY-ouya (first time) OR lineage-11-20170301-NIGHTLY-ouya (second time) OR cm-11-20170103-NIGHTLY-MLQ-ouya (third time); gapps-kk-20140105; ouya-keylayouts-1.02.
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache
-wipe dalvik

Reboot

and then

Maybe I should format data + sd card and use ADB to transfer the zips over again??
I know the video output works because it never fails to display CWM recovery options, every single boot, so I don't necessarily think I've got a broken OUYA.
I am using ethernet with a gigabit switch, not wi-fi. I have a real groovy wireless keyboard/trackpad thing, sort of kidney-shaped, has media joystick at top left and cursor joystick at top right, wireless receiver plugged into the USB - I use this to operate CWM. I had the ADB transfer cable plugged in (pulled out of Win10 host PC) but I just tried it again with ADB transfer cable pulled from the OUYA, same black screen boot.

Help!

Hello. The same for me. Do you have a solution

fabiox2005

Jul 11, 2012
Hello, I think you could make a great port of the rom of RemixOS or PhoenixOS, the latter already has a version for Nexus 7.

fabiox2005

Jul 11, 2012
Solution

Latest thing I tried:
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache
-wipe dalvik

Reboot

and then

Help!

If you're still with your Ouya stopped, I've used this solution here https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2295645

mattg1234567

Jan 9, 2013
I forgot to do factory reset
Now stuck on loading screen line with circle going right to left. Do I leave until it loads?
Is there a way to go back to recovery

mattg1234567

Jan 9, 2013
Is anyone experiencing system settings crashing a lot I have re-flashed many bills and I keep getting settings crashes

menju246

Jun 5, 2008
I had the same problems, after some time i just downloaded the stuff from the s-config guide
as i am not allowed to post links here just google for s-config cm11 and you'll find it.
the rom there is from 2016 or even older (and it is cyanogen not lineage ;))but it works perfectly
but i had to use an older version of xposed too, v29 or v27 it was if remember correctly.

sbarajas

Nov 18, 2012
Storage

Hello,
From CWM recovery I can see the internal, and the external storage of the OUYA.
But when I boot into system, only the internal store is showed, the "external" storage partition isn't mounted.
Can this problem be fixed?
Thanks

Last edited:

BondanOwen

Oct 3, 2014
I didn't create this so I can't take any credit and I can't remember who did, so sorry about that. Instructions are in the attached file, they're mainly for stock Ouya's, for CM I believe all you need to do is:

- Put file "91fixoverlays" into /system/etc/init.d directory and set the permissions to rwx r-x --x (I use ES File Manager for this)
- Reboot

I've used this on all my Android devices and it's worked so far.

Thanks for sharing.?

Top Liked Posts