vp3G's WM6 v3.0 -- [The official "official" AT&T ROM]

Search This thread

eurofraid

Sep 18, 2007
Hey I'm really new to rom flashing but I went ahead and downloaded zip and connected my phone via activesync ran the ruuwrapper, then asked what kind of bootloader I had? But it didnt recognize my 8525, if someone could just point me in the right direction or a site that details what to I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

moopile

Jun 12, 2007
Memphis, TN
OnePlus 7 Pro

flybynight

Sep 19, 2007
wm 6 rom for older att sim cards

After I unlock the cid can anyone tell me which windows mobile 6 rom to put on an 8525 using an older att 32 bit gsm sim card for continued access to 3 g? Any att/htc updates locks the phone out of 3g. (The original rom with wm 5 works fine). Thanks for your help

Mrextrem

Sep 22, 2007
I follow the steps and i get to the point were it says you are now ready to update rom image and hit next it then wants a reply on my device to continue when i hit yes it goes to the ttri color screen looses it connection with my computer and the ruu program says it also lost connection.

phone info:
IPL-SSPL by Des
SPL-1.09.ds
Rom version 2.15.502.3
Rom date 4/09/07
Radio version 1.40.30.00
Protocol version 32.73.7020.16H

I need help i have used other peoples methods and d-loads and cannot get it passed the 6th stage were it is ready to update.

Thanks for any info, Mrextrem

braheem

Mar 30, 2007
Chicago
Saving Contacts and Tasks

Hi,

I installed the vp3G ROM on my TyTn, love it looks amazing!! The only issue I have is that I cannot create new contacts I receive an error that says 'An unexpected error has occurred in this program'. Is this a known issue and is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance for any help,
braheem

DaddyGoFast

Aug 7, 2007
Making the plunge but.... have a quick question

*** Update *** I have successfully downgraded to the OEM 1.34 ROM. I have decided not to mess with any cooking at this time.

Hi Gang,

I got my 8525 in August as a referb. It came with 1.34 ROM which I upgrade to the new 2.15. Since I was not able to run BBConnect, I downgraded back to 1.34. All is working very well.

Here are my questions:

If I load VPG new WM6 BBC Cook, can I install it using the CID Patch INSTEAD of using HardSPL?

I would like to retain warranty coverage as well as the ability to revert back to 1.34. I read the wiki's, used google and have learned a lot a lot on the subject. I have only had experience loading OEM roms so this will be my first cooked on. Prior to the patch, I understood that cooked ROM's would only load with HardSPL which is not an attractive option.

The end result is to find a new upadated ROM that is BBC compliant that will not void my warranty and still provide BBConnect. 1.34 is stable but the radio could be improved.

Thanks in advance for your help...

PS, I should be getting my new 8525 (second one) tomorrow. It is a new one and I wonder what OS it will have. Rumor is that it will be loaded with WM6 from the start. If it is, I will dump it and post it ASAP.

Last edited:

mthomas

Jan 26, 2007
long winded(sorry)

why would you not use hardspl?
If you were more familiar with the histiry of this and other devices, you would knowof the large numbers of bricked devices that occurred prior to olipro's excellent work. With hardspl you stand a good chance of recovering the device in the event of an issue, without your odds drop drastically. Do some searches on bricks. 6-8 months ago, it was acommon event. There were entire threads devoted to unbricking. The wiki has tons of info on it. Since hardspl, it is a relative rarity.
mr vanx published a guide on returning the device to its 'original' statewhich should take care of you in the event of a warranty issue.

ANY mod you do probably voids warranty, so ,in the words of others, practice safe flashing.

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Hi Gang,

I got my 8525 in August as a referb. It came with 1.34 ROM which I upgrade to the new 2.15. Since I was not able to run BBConnect, I downgraded back to 1.34. All is working very well.

Here are my questions:

If I load VPG new WM6 BBC Cook, can I install it using the CID Patch INSTEAD of using HardSPL?

I would like to retain warranty coverage as well as the ability to revert back to 1.34. I read the wiki's, used google and have learned a lot a lot on the subject. I have only had experience loading OEM roms so this will be my first cooked on. Prior to the patch, I understood that cooked ROM's would only load with HardSPL which is not an attractive option.

The end result is to find a new upadated ROM that is BBC compliant that will not void my warranty and still provide BBConnect. 1.34 is stable but the radio could be improved.

Thanks in advance for your help...

PS, I should be getting my new 8525 (second one) tomorrow. It is a new one and I wonder what OS it will have. Rumor is that it will be loaded with WM6 from the start. If it is, I will dump it and post it ASAP.

I would like to see that. I recieved my 8525 last Wednesday and it still had WM5 on it. Let me know though it does come with WM6.

vp3G

Mar 5, 2007
Flyover Country
Here are my questions:

Au contraire, mon frère... Hard-SPL is exactly what you want. Not only does it make your device appear as SuperCID without actually modifying the radio bootloader, it provides second-to-none protection against bricking if a flash ever goes south. Olipro just released a new version of RUUWrapper that makes it even easier to return to the factory SPL for warranty purposes, so don't let that scare you off.

Hard-SPL: The Hermes prophylactic! :)

DaddyGoFast

Aug 7, 2007
Thanks so much everyone!

I will research the new wrapper. As long as I can go back and make it look like I did not screw with it, I am A-OK. Thanks again!

jrlosh

Oct 14, 2007
vp3G and outlook issues

I just bought a used 8525 from a friend of mine (forgive me I'm new to all this) and it has vp3g installed on it. I am having trouble syncing my phone with outlook 2007. I just got done downloading the driver updates for my sync center on my laptop (Vista-32 bit OS) and still cannot get my phone to sync with email or calendar.

This is the error message it gives me: Desktop synchronization cannot be completed. Reduce your mailbox size by deleting some items and folders and try again.

So I went into my outlook and cleared out my deleted folder as well as my inbox and sent folder and still it does not work. I am not to concerned about getting the email to sync b/c I can do that with the other email app on the phone what I am really looking for is the calendar to work. Any thoughts?

tbones

Dec 27, 2007
vp3G and WiFi

Great ROM1 Installed on JASJAM in US on ATT and is superfine. Some glitch with wireless LAN? Says connecting to MEDIA Net but seems to be using wirless LAN?

je2rold

Dec 23, 2007
Chesapeake
Lost WiFi

I upgraded to wm6 v3.0 now I cant connect using wifi. I can detect the network and connect to the router but cant get online. I get i.e error "the page cannot be displayed or dwnld b/c the conn was lost. Chk the conn and try again later. Can anybody help?

venelar

Jan 27, 2007
Baton Rouge
I upgraded to wm6 v3.0 now I cant connect using wifi. I can detect the network and connect to the router but cant get online. I get i.e error "the page cannot be displayed or dwnld b/c the conn was lost. Chk the conn and try again later. Can anybody help?

when you connect via wifi you need to run disable proxy in the proxy manager folder. Run enable proxy when you are done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I upgraded from vp3G's 2.0 rom to this one today and thus far it has been great. The only problem I've noticed, that I also had with 2.0, is that my device always returns to the today screen after a power on/off. You can open an ap, turn off, count to 5 and then turn on, and the device will return to the today screen.

I'm not sure if this is ROM-related, although I did not have this problem with the WM 5.0 Cingular ROM and the same combination of aps. I've tried searching, but various combinations of the word "today" bring up tons of results, none of which are helpful.

Thanks and kudos on a great ROM!

I did some more testing and noticed all is well until I turn on a Lock with a simple PIN. With the lock disabled the 8525 will return to whatever screen it was left at when powered off (assuming the Today timeout in the today settings has not been exceeded).