GTA III + Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Search This thread

Chrome Wings

Dec 26, 2011
Anyone had any luck installing new cars?

Here's the guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20497862&postcount=1

managed to get them to work on miine following that guide sofar only tried jakes lambo

SC20111228-131654.jpg

files attached for them below if anyone wants to try

View attachment murcielago.zip

Razvanel

Oct 15, 2010
The lambo works great. I've tried a passat w8 and I doesn't load up correctly..

I've also attached blank movies, so when you load the game you don't have to wait for the rockstar logo movie. Just extract & replace the ones in /movies folder.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2011-12-28-17-25-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2011-12-28-17-25-45.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,811
  • Screenshot_2011-12-28-17-27-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2011-12-28-17-27-20.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,771
  • Screenshot_2011-12-28-18-10-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2011-12-28-18-10-41.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,987
  • no_movies.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,277

TigerCourage

Nov 24, 2010
Almería
www.generacionm.es
Guys, don't use 1.2 version, it lags a hell lot. 1.1 is better!
I managed to get the game to play pretty smooth with this combination:

JVR (can be any stock firmware, I'm just using it couse I got bounce effect an I find it the fastest) + Semaphore 2.3.0 (oc 1.3ghz, Simple I/O, VM Dirtyness to Chainfire, 48MB LMK, SD-Card read ahead 3072 Chainfire) + Thunderbolt 2.2.0 with all the addons.

This also gives me a 3300 in Quadrant.

Chrome Wings

Dec 26, 2011
here are compressed audio files:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23895441/gta3_sfx.rar

only main sfx files are compressed but ive replaced mine and seems to have impoved speed with sound on, worth a try if anyone uses them let us know if they work for you it might just be in my head lol, im going to see if i can find all audio files compressed later on will update

Duveaux

Dec 20, 2010
www.app-constructor.com
here are compressed audio files:

only main sfx files are compressed but ive replaced mine and seems to have impoved speed with sound on, worth a try if anyone uses them let us know if they work for you it might just be in my head lol, im going to see if i can find all audio files compressed later on will update

Didn't help for me. I got it off the market (1.2), which works with some lag. I replaced the audio files with yours and the lag is still present, maybe even worse. But I'm unsure about that.

GalnetMIUI 2.3

Chrome Wings

Dec 26, 2011
Didn't help for me. I got it off the market (1.2), which works with some lag. I replaced the audio files with yours and the lag is still present, maybe even worse. But I'm unsure about that.

GalnetMIUI 2.3

Still I am convinced that the sound files are the source of alot of problems, I downloaded the pc version of the game and replaced all the sound files from the pc version with my phone ones, then I replaced the sfx files I posted earlier, the file size is now a lot smaller than it was and all sounds work apart from cut scenes where you can't hear voices but most significantly my game has stopped crashing and closing on me on the mission that I couldn't get past, maybe the large sound files are the reason it is doing it.

Duveaux

Dec 20, 2010
www.app-constructor.com
Something happened and now most of my lag is gone. I don't know what I did.

I was trying to mess around with the .set file, and all I did was screw up the game. So I removed the folder and redownloaded it. Even without removing or compressing the audio folder the game runs like I did. No more audio stutters or framedrops when I drift around corners. Just slight lag.

I tried replacing the .set file again but nothing seems to change.

So maybe I should just not touch the files anymore, as long as it works :p

Bo0bz

Dec 27, 2010
Nijmegen
Working with lag on my phone :) v1.2 but it laggs to much to play it for a long time in a row! 2bad

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Brodad

Dec 24, 2011
Cash Country
In fact, if anyone has figured out how to mod with Real GTAIII Final, and could post instructions here, that would be great! I followed the tutorial, but there are texture and shader errors with the mod, I'm guessing it's due to a lack of RAM

AcuraKidd

Jan 14, 2011
In fact, if anyone has figured out how to mod with Real GTAIII Final, and could post instructions here, that would be great! I followed the tutorial, but there are texture and shader errors with the mod, I'm guessing it's due to a lack of RAM

This was my thought exactly, RealGTA was AWSOME. I'm hoping somebody could get this properly working

There was also a Stunt Park I added when I had GTAIII on PC, anybody know if that could be done with this version too?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everybody please wait for the galaxy nexus release of game,the next release it's for powervr sgx540=(galaxy nexus,LG O3D,Galaxy S,Nexus S,Motorola Droid/Milestone 3/Droid Bionic/Droid Razr/ and more....
    The lambo works great. I've tried a passat w8 and I doesn't load up correctly..

I've also attached blank movies, so when you load the game you don't have to wait for the rockstar logo movie. Just extract & replace the ones in /movies folder.
    Anyone had any luck installing new cars?

Here's the guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20497862&postcount=1

managed to get them to work on miine following that guide sofar only tried jakes lambo

SC20111228-131654.jpg

files attached for them below if anyone wants to try

View attachment murcielago.zip
    I've attached some savegames with all the islands unlocked. There's also the gta3.set file with full light effects.

Btw, the game runs great on ics onecosmic rc1 without chainfire3d drivers and I've deleted the audio folder.
    You're all going about it the wrong direction. It's not the cpu or gpu that's the problem. It's ram. When I ran it on gingerbread, it crashes after the intro videos. But when I ran it on froyo(which has more free ram), it can go all the way to the menu and loading screen, though it still crashes. I'm guessing our galaxy s simply doesn't have enough ram to run this game.

Mhm.. I doubt it. If you are still in froyo, please try the following:
    Install Chainfire 3D and reduce Texture size and set it to 16bit (do no select a Plugin, set that in none)
    If the game keeps doing THE SAME ( "all the way to the menu and loading screen, though it still crashes." ), Then it's not RAM... if you can play or keeps you going further.. then tell us ;) xD.

By the way.. do you have I9000 or Captivate? if you have the i9000 ... (i have Captivate) wich amount of "true" Ram can be used? in Captivate , depending on the rom it's 380 or so... (it's because 128 are not true usable common RAM... but they say 384Mb{ram}+128Mb{other kind of RAM memory... not "comon RAM" } equals to 512 xD haha.. I wonder if that happens with I9000.

Greetings form Argentina