Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped

Search This thread

Gnarnar

Jun 9, 2011
"Unfortunately, Google Play store has stopped" Reloaded Gapps a few times. Is this an issue on their end or user error?

Last edited:

Gnarnar

Jun 9, 2011
Used Titanium Backup to restore it.....guess it was user error.

Sorry for the wasted space. You can delete this thread.

klingondroid

Mar 1, 2012
jakarta
is it my error?

This is the second time i had this issue, im using dark knight 3. is it my error? what did i do?i just wanna know..

eoghan_s

Mar 21, 2012
Noob Observations

I installed Dark Knight 3 about three days ago. I have noticed the exact same issue, I am currently using Play 3.5.15 and the issue persists after repeated reinstalls of play (I also tried an older Market install which did the same thing). One thing I noticed but i do not know if its an issue (but it looks suspicious ) is that the Vending.apk file in /system/app is now 0 bytes. Any help greatly appreciated with this.

eoghan_s

Mar 21, 2012
RESOLVED

I don't have a full explanation but the issue is resolved. I installed a root explorer and over wrote the Vending.apk with the in /system/app, I cleared play app data and tried again. That didn't makea but of difference. Magically I tried running play a few hours later and it worked. Possibly a server side issue then? Hopefully it's resolved for everyone now anyone.:)

daedalus01

Feb 13, 2010
I don't have a full explanation but the issue is resolved. I installed a root explorer and over wrote the Vending.apk with the in /system/app, I cleared play app data and tried again. That didn't makea but of difference. Magically I tried running play a few hours later and it worked. Possibly a server side issue then? Hopefully it's resolved for everyone now anyone.:)

hi

i am having this issue with tytung's NexusHD2-ICS-4.0 rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1434860&highlight=google+play+store+has+stopped&page=514)

can you explain what you mean by overwriting Vending.apk? i have tried using titanium to uninstall googleplay and then reinstalling various Apks of different versions. all have the same problem