[GUIDE][ROM][ROOTING][4.4.2] XOLO Q1010i with Screenshots

Search This thread

bgos10

May 11, 2013
Gotham
Introduction :
Hey Guys so we successfully extracted the 4.4.2 stock ROM, Rooted it and Uploaded!

1st Let's Begin with How To ROOT and Flash Recovery on your XOLO Q1010i (works on both JB & KK)

Downloads:

-MTK USB Drivers (HERE)
- MT6582 Scatter File (HERE)
-NEW CTR Recovery by Chirag Jain for Q1010i Only (HERE)
-SP Flash Tools v3.1352.01 (5.1352.01) (HERE)
-SuperSu Zip (Download and Move it to your SD Card) (HERE)

Instructions:

PS - Place all Downloaded Files in the same Place for Easy Access (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 1: Install The MTK USB Drivers on Your PC by Clicking on Install.bat
If it Doesn't work See THIS

Step 2: Open SP Flash Tools folder and click on flash_tool.exe (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 3: In The Flash Tool window Click on Scatter-Loading, Select MT6582_Android_Scatter.txt and Press Open (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 4: In Flash Tool Window Check (Tick) RECOVERY and Click on the Blank Green Space Beside It and select Recovery.img (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 5: Press on Download Button at Top, Switch Off Your Device and Connect it to your PC (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 6: The Below Bar will Change it's Color Red Then Yellow and Finally show a Download OK Dialog Box (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 7: Now Disconnect Your Phone, Close Flash tools, Press and Hold Volume UP and Power Button Together till it powers UP

Step 8: It'll take you to Recovery Mode, In it Press Install Zip ---> Choose Zip SDCard ---> Select the SuperSu.zip You Placed Earlier in Your SDCard and Press YES Install

Step 9: On Complete Installation, Reboot Your Device, CONGRATULATIONS !!!! You've Successfully ROOTED and Flashed Recovery on Your Device !!!

Note:

If SP Flash Tools Shows You PMT Error Just Download the Preloader.bin From (HERE) and Flash it along with the Recovery through Sp Tools

Procedure is same You'll Just have to tick Preloader option and Load Preloader.bin also

Credits:

Chirag Jain For Porting CTR v2.2 Recovery for XOLO Q1010i
Nishan Goswami For Testing
Chainfire For Making SuperSu
Mediatek For SP Flash Tools

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    62.9 KB · Views: 11,267
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    48.8 KB · Views: 12,470
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    67.4 KB · Views: 11,683
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    49 KB · Views: 11,121
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    128.7 KB · Views: 10,263
  • Capture6.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    50.2 KB · Views: 10,031
  • Capture7.PNG
    Capture7.PNG
    63.3 KB · Views: 9,915
  • Capture8.PNG
    Capture8.PNG
    50 KB · Views: 9,295
Last edited:

bgos10

May 11, 2013
Gotham
Here's How ROOT and Flash Recovery on Your Phone Without Touching Your PC

Instructions:

-Download and Install Framaroot( v1.9.1 Tested to be Working !!!) HERE

-Open The App and Select SuperSu from Dropdown Menu and press Bahahir,It'll be ROOTED!!!

-Download and Install Mobile Uncle tools From Play Store (HERE)

-Download CTR v2.2 Recovery.img (HERE) and place it in your SDCard Directly (Don't place it inside any Folder)

-Open Mobile Uncle Tools, Select Recovery update, Select Recovery.img From there, Press OK And Then Reboot into Recovery Mode !!!

DONE!!! You've Successfully Flashed Recovery on Your Device!!!

KK users follow this for Rooting without PC

Step 1: Root Your Device

Android 4.4.x

Download Rooting Package (HERE)

The Package contains KingRoot, SuperSu and ES File Explorer

PS- Make sure to turn off data/WiFi while Rooting

Steps:

1. Download the Package and Install Kingroot App from there

2. Open the App and Press on the Green Button on It

3. When A Tick Mark Shows , It means you’re Rooted!!!

STEP 2: Flash Recovery on your device

-Find Custom Recovery (HERE) for your Device

-Download Rashr from Play Store

-Place downloaded recovery.img on your SDCARD

-Open Rashr and Select Recovery from Storage

-In that menu select the .img file and Select Yes, please

--Now Reboot to Recovery

-And You’re done!!!

Last edited:

bgos10

May 11, 2013
Gotham
Flashing Q1010i (4.4.2-KitKat Stock ROM through Recovery

Here's HOW To Flash 4.4.2 Stock ROM Through Recovery (JB n KK)

Instructions

-Make Sure You've Flashed CTR Recovery on Your Device (See Post 1 & 2 for More Details)

-Download Flashable Zip of Stock 4.4.2 ROM from (HERE)
-Download SuperSu Zip from (Here)

-Place Both the Files in Your SD Card, Goto Recovery Mode

-In Recovery Mode Go To Install ---> Install from SD ----> Select the ROM File and press YES to Flash it and Do the Same for the SuperSu Zip after Flashing completes

-Reboot and Enjoy !!!

Credits:

Ritesh Nair for the Stock 4.4.2 Zip

Last edited:

sachin273

Sep 19, 2012
Download links

hi,
i have updated mine to kitkat and can not gain root access:(
can you upload the recovery and rom pls

bgos10

May 11, 2013
Gotham
HOW To Flash Stock ROM on Your Device Through SP TOOLS

Here's HOW To Flash Stock ROM on Your Device Through SP TOOLS

Requirements:

-SP TOOLS v5.1352.01 (DOWNLOAD HERE)

-STOCK ROM For Your Device (4.4.2 KitKat ROM HERE) (4.2.2 Jelly BeanROM HERE)

-MTK USB Drivers (HERE)

-A PC with Windows 7 or Later

Instructions:

-Download and Extract the Stock ROM you Downloaded Above

-Download and Install the MTK USB Drivers from Above

-Extract SP TOOLs and Run Flash_tool.exe

-In the SP TOOLs Window Select Scatter Loading and Select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt Found in the Stock ROM folder you Just Extracted

-Press Download Button on the Top, Switch OFF and Connect Your Device to the PC

-The Flashing Will Start and You'll see Thew Bottom Status bar changing Color from Red, Purple to Yellow, Once Flaching is Complete You'll see a Download OK Dialog Box

-Now Disconnect your Phone and Power it Up!!!!

Last edited:

XenonTNT

Dec 23, 2013
Not working

Introduction :
Hey Guys so we successfully extracted the 4.4.2 stock ROM, Rooted it and Uploaded!

1st Let's Begin with How To ROOT and Flash Recovery on your XOLO Q1010i (works on both JB & KK)

Downloads:

-MTK USB Drivers (HERE)
-MT6582 Scatter File (HERE)
-CTR Recovery by Chirag Jain for Q1010i Only (HERE)

Instructions:

PS - Place all Downloaded Files in the same Place for Easy Access (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 2: Open SP Flash Tools folder and click on flash_tool.exe (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 3: In The Flash Tool window Click on Scatter-Loading, Select MT6582_Android_Scatter.txt and Press Open (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 4: In Flash Tool Window Check (Tick) RECOVERY and Click on the Blank Green Space Beside It and select Recovery.img (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 5: Press on Download Button at Top, Switch Off Your Device and Connect it to your PC (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 6: The Below Bar will Change it's Color Red Then Yellow and Finally show a Download OK Dialog Box (See Attachment For Screenshots)

Step 7: Now Disconnect Your Phone, Close Flash tools, Press and Hold Volume UP and Power Button Together till it powers UP

Step 8: It'll take you to Recovery Mode, In it Press Install Zip ---> Choose Zip SDCard ---> Select the SuperSu.zip You Placed Earlier in Your SDCard and Press YES Install

Step 9: On Complete Installation, Reboot Your Device, CONGRATULATIONS !!!! You've Successfully ROOTED and Flashed Recovery on Your Device !!!

Credits:

I tested it and it is not working for me when I try to download it gives me an error that PMT is changed for this ROM and must be downloaded. Any fix for this?

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Requirements:

-MTK USB Drivers (HERE)

Instructions:

-In the SP TOOLs Window Select Scatter Loading and Select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt Found in the Stock ROM folder you Just Extracted

-The Flashing Will Start and You'll see Thew Bottom Status bar changing Color from Red, Purple to Yellow, Once Flaching is Complete You'll see a Download OK Dialog Box

So is this Stock ROM is pre-rooted? or just pure stock ROM? because above rooting method is not working for me so I can try this one.

bgos10

May 11, 2013
Gotham
I tested it and it is not working for me when I try to download it gives me an error that PMT is changed for this ROM and must be downloaded. Any fix for this?

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

So is this Stock ROM is pre-rooted? or just pure stock ROM? because above rooting method is not working for me so I can try this one.

4.4.2 is rooted, 4.2.2 is not

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rana7

XenonTNT

Dec 23, 2013
I got the fix while mobile is switch off we need to press volume up + power button after download button is pressed in sp tool to start downloading in mobile. Also to root on KitKat we need preloader file of kitkat also. So kindly upload it for other users I am downloading whole KitKat stock ROM.

Reactions: CVAngelo and bgos10

sachin273

Sep 19, 2012
The recovery does not seem to get flashed on JB stock rom. I tried with mobileuncletools...
it says reboot into recovery mode but simply restarts. may be working on kitkat but i have not tried. actually i did not really like the kitkat update. It takes away backup and restore app. and in exchange you get printing support and news widget which never gets the location. also messes up with Mifileexplorer and apex launcher. i have flashed TWRP and after taking backup of stock rom i can play with the kitkat update maybe...
thanks for the effort.

rajatvohrarv

Mar 31, 2014
please root xolo q1000 opus kitkat

q1000 opus is different from q1000.

q1000 opus has broadcom processor.

please root the kitkat build as the jb is rooted but kitkat has not been rooted by any dev

jattxjatt

Nov 3, 2013
Help.. I'm still geting PMT error.. I also load prelaoder bin along with recovery.. But getting error.. Help .
My phone is rooted kitkat(4.4.2) ..i also pressed volume up and power button.. [emoji37][emoji24]

Sent from my Q1010i using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jbash79

Nov 16, 2012
Hyderabad
Does not work on Xolo Q1010i with Android 4.4.2

Introduction :

Downloads:

-MTK USB Drivers (HERE)

Instructions:

Note:

If SP Flash Tools Shows You PMT Error Just Download the Preloader.bin From (HERE) and Flash it along with the Recovery through Sp Tools

Procedure is same You'll Just have to tick Preloader option and Load Preloader.bin also

Credits:

I tried the step mentioned above more than couple of times but it does not work

K.khiladi

Aug 6, 2014
I successfully rooted my phone. Thanks a lot. I wanted to change my phone's font cause I got bored of same old font.

Sent from my Q1010i using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction :

Downloads:

-MTK USB Drivers (HERE)

Instructions:

Note:

Credits:

HOW To Flash Stock ROM on Your Device Through SP TOOLS

Requirements:

-MTK USB Drivers (HERE)

Instructions:

Here's How ROOT and Flash Recovery on Your Phone Without Touching Your PC

Instructions:

-Download and Install Framaroot( v1.9.1 Tested to be Working !!!) HERE

-Open The App and Select SuperSu from Dropdown Menu and press Bahahir,It'll be ROOTED!!!

-Download and Install Mobile Uncle tools From Play Store (HERE)

-Download CTR v2.2 Recovery.img (HERE) and place it in your SDCard Directly (Don't place it inside any Folder)

-Open Mobile Uncle Tools, Select Recovery update, Select Recovery.img From there, Press OK And Then Reboot into Recovery Mode !!!

DONE!!! You've Successfully Flashed Recovery on Your Device!!!

KK users follow this for Rooting without PC

Step 1: Root Your Device

Android 4.4.x

Download Rooting Package (HERE)

The Package contains KingRoot, SuperSu and ES File Explorer

PS- Make sure to turn off data/WiFi while Rooting

Steps:

1. Download the Package and Install Kingroot App from there

2. Open the App and Press on the Green Button on It

3. When A Tick Mark Shows , It means you’re Rooted!!!

STEP 2: Flash Recovery on your device

-Find Custom Recovery (HERE) for your Device

-Download Rashr from Play Store

-Place downloaded recovery.img on your SDCARD

-Open Rashr and Select Recovery from Storage

-In that menu select the .img file and Select Yes, please

--Now Reboot to Recovery

-And You’re done!!!
    Flashing Q1010i (4.4.2-KitKat Stock ROM through Recovery

Here's HOW To Flash 4.4.2 Stock ROM Through Recovery (JB n KK)

Instructions

-Make Sure You've Flashed CTR Recovery on Your Device (See Post 1 & 2 for More Details)

-Download Flashable Zip of Stock 4.4.2 ROM from (HERE)
    -Download SuperSu Zip from (Here)

-Place Both the Files in Your SD Card, Goto Recovery Mode

-In Recovery Mode Go To Install ---> Install from SD ----> Select the ROM File and press YES to Flash it and Do the Same for the SuperSu Zip after Flashing completes

-Reboot and Enjoy !!!

Credits:

Ritesh Nair for the Stock 4.4.2 Zip
    Thread Updated

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk