[Q] Mega 6.3 update problem

Search This thread

Köhvwezd

Jun 27, 2014
Tampere
My friend tasked me with updating his Galaxy Mega 6.3 (i9205) to 4.4.2. I digested information, and got Odin, the USB driver and the boot image from Sammobile. Once I flash the file, everything goes well until... there is an error. This is how it looks like, am I doing something wrong with the tool? What could be causing this? I really have no idea.
EDIT: Oh yeah and the Mega is now stuck in a bootloop :D I can flash a custom recovery just fine. It's just this file that's a problem
IWbxQFr.png

Last edited:

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
My friend tasked me with updating his Galaxy Mega 6.3 (i9205) to 4.4.2. I digested information, and got Odin, the USB driver and the boot image from Sammobile. Once I flash the file, everything goes well until... there is an error. This is how it looks like, am I doing something wrong with the tool? What could be causing this? I really have no idea.
EDIT: Oh yeah and the Mega is now stuck in a bootloop :D I can flash a custom recovery just fine. It's just this file that's a problem
IWbxQFr.png
Hi..try taking off the .md5 at the end of that file so it is a .tar only and try reflashing it and see if it works then..as sometimes this will correct this problem.:)

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Köhvwezd

Köhvwezd

Jun 27, 2014
Tampere
The phone just magically booted into 4.4.2... I have no idea what happened or how stable this is going to be but it's better than nothing!

tommy67911

Aug 25, 2009
hi, if your model is i9205, you need to flashing to i9205, not i9200, pls see the screen shoot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IWbxQFr.png
    Hi..try taking off the .md5 at the end of that file so it is a .tar only and try reflashing it and see if it works then..as sometimes this will correct this problem.:)

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app