[ROM][01.12.2011][WWE]Jackos S3 WM6.5 21913 + Sense 2.5/2.1|TF3D2.1

Search This thread

kenikh

Nov 18, 2009
A question about the GTX theme: It appears you modded the theme to exclude the top bar icons and GTX themed Start Menu navigation themeing. Was this for perf and memory reasons?

I tried installing the GTX theme cab over this ROM to test the non-included features, but the only thing that came through was the lock screen. Header icons and navigation themeing are still not showing up. Did you lock these out in the ROM?

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
I will flash it the moment it is posted.
+1 to this

I flashed v 1.0 yesterday evening, 'cause I needed to get rid of Energy which appeared to be buggy. And I don't regret at all! Congratulations @Jackos, so far it is the best out of WM6.5+Sense2.5.
I only had an issue that the phone switched itself into silent mode I don't even know when. I was on the meeting and just before it I turned the vibrate mode on (via LongPressEndKey), I even received 2 calls in the mean time (that's why I am sure it actually was a vibrate mode) and the next time I took it out of the pocket 2 hours later it was in silent mode.
I checked that it was impossible to set the silent mode accidentally presing the [volume down] button in the pocket (I had this "feature" on some ROM that the volume buttons stayed active even during standby, and sometimes I accidentally switched silent or vibrate mode in my pocket).
I don't have any profile switching software installed.
I will observe this and give a feedback as soon as I know something more.

Jackos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
+1 to this

I flashed v 1.0 yesterday evening, 'cause I needed to get rid of Energy which appeared to be buggy. And I don't regret at all! Congratulations @Jackos, so far it is the best out of WM6.5+Sense2.5.
I only had an issue that the phone switched itself into silent mode I don't even know when. I was on the meeting and just before it I turned the vibrate mode on (via LongPressEndKey), I even received 2 calls in the mean time (that's why I am sure it actually was a vibrate mode) and the next time I took it out of the pocket 2 hours later it was in silent mode.
I checked that it was impossible to set the silent mode accidentally presing the [volume down] button in the pocket (I had this "feature" on some ROM that the volume buttons stayed active even during standby, and sometimes I accidentally switched silent or vibrate mode in my pocket).
I don't have any profile switching software installed.
I will observe this and give a feedback as soon as I know something more.
Hmm, again some strange sound issues... I'll wait for your feedback. Thanks for testing.

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
A question about the GTX theme: It appears you modded the theme to exclude the top bar icons and GTX themed Start Menu navigation themeing. Was this for perf and memory reasons?

I tried installing the GTX theme cab over this ROM to test the non-included features, but the only thing that came through was the lock screen. Header icons and navigation themeing are still not showing up. Did you lock these out in the ROM?
I just did install the Sense 2.5 GTX theme. No other changes to the system.

The top taskbar isn't locked or whatever. I just kept the icons from original WM6.5. as they are the cleanest available. What's more, they have the oldschool look with reminds me why I created it.

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
Hmm, again some strange sound issues... I'll wait for your feedback. Thanks for testing.

No I don't think these are sound issues. At least not the ones that have been reported for Sense 2.5 Hybrid, because I didn't have to reset the phone. I just turned normal mode on and the sounds worked fine (just received a couple of SMSes).
I soft reset the phone only 2 times after HR, and both ones were yesterday. And the most amazing thing is that I still have 64 MB of free RAM after whole day of intensive use.
Well, I mean this is nothing special next to the Oldschool or any of the Hybrids but still from all the S2 ROMs I've had it's the best so far.

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
No I don't think these are sound issues. At least not the ones that have been reported for Sense 2.5 Hybrid, because I didn't have to reset the phone. I just turned normal mode on and the sounds works fine (just received a couple of SMSes).
I soft reset the phone only 2 times after HR, and both ones were yesterday. And the most amazing thing is that I still have 64 MB of free RAM after whole day of intensive use.
Well, I mean this is nothing special next to the Oldschool or any of the Hybrids but still from all the S2 ROMs I've had it's the best so far.
You use clearram?

Hmm, yeah I realized that the issue isn't same as with the Hybrid roms, but they are kinda connected, aren't they? I have such a bad feeling that you install some weird Polish language MUIs, don't you? :> :D

Happy to see you guys enjoy my rom. I'm working to make it even better, because 60MB free RAM isn't actually my type. My goal is to have 80MB ram, so I can have all my programs open while traveling.

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
nope ;) at least for now I don't have to ;)

Hmm, yeah I realized that the issue isn't same as with the Hybrid roms, but they are kinda connected, aren't they? I have such a bad feeling that you install some weird Polish language MUIs, don't you? :> :D
I knew you would say that :D But also this time I must say NO :p
I didn't have the time for even trying to make this ROM Polish. I needed a reliable phone for today, that's why I almost installed nothing (only a few standard apps which I didn't even have to install since I just put them in the Autoinstall folder and they magically are installed, pfff). But really it's nothing I haven't used before so I don't suspect them, but... everything is possible :D

Last edited:

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
Jackos S2 Memory management

By the way I just made an experiment similar to the one you made with the Oldschool.
You can see the result in the attachment.

Did I tell you I am impressed? In any other ROM based on shipped S2 when I run more than 3 apps, one of them is killed when I switch to another.

Yet more interesting thing is that after closing all the aplications from the screen the memory returned to 68% (not to 60%, but it's still outstanding).

I could open even more apps, but then they were not listed anyway and moreover 2 "slots" were taken by the up/down arrows. So I left only these.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 65,659
Last edited:

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
By the way I just made an experiment similar to the one you made with the Oldschool.
You can see the result in the attachment.

Did I tell you I am impressed? In any other ROM based on shipped S2 when I run more than 3 apps, one of them is killed when I minimize it.

Yet more interesting thing is that after closing all the aplications from the screen the memory returned to 68% (not to 60%, but it's still outstanding).

I could open even more apps, but then they were not listed anyway and moreover 2 "slots" were taken by the up/down arrows. So I left only these.
I guess the ram is taken by file system cache.

kenikh

Nov 18, 2009
I just did install the Sense 2.5 GTX theme. No other changes to the system.

The top taskbar isn't locked or whatever. I just kept the icons from original WM6.5. as they are the cleanest available. What's more, they have the oldschool look with reminds me why I created it.

I realized my mistake - these graphics were not included in the base theme...they are add-ons. No issues now.

BTW, I have to echo the previous sentiments: I am amazed by how my apps just stay open if I want them open. No forced clsures due to memory issues. Great, great ROM.

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
I guess the ram is taken by file system cache.
I have no idea. Don't know how to check that anyway.
The summarized memory taken by all 15 processes shown in dotFredTaskManager (including filesys.exe) is only 54,4 MB out of 125,17 reported as "In use" by normal task manager. An there are 29 services running...

Last edited:

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
Just to be clear:
My two previous posts were not to claim but to admire your ROM :)
I think that although all the RAM taken the possibility to run so many apps in Sense 2.5 is outstanding. Can't even imagine v1.1 will be better :D

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
Just to be clear:
My two previous posts were not to claim but to admire your ROM :)
I think that although all the RAM taken the possibility to run so many apps in Sense 2.5 is outstanding. Can't even imagine v1.1 will be better :D
I didn't receive your criticism as offense or claim ;) I really appreciate any feedback. The criticism is even more useful, because it motivates and makes me focus on objectives.

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
OK, if that's how you want to put it :):) But why are you taking my words as criticism? Perhaps this is my bad english but I really didn't criticise. By my multiple-apps-test I wanted to show this ROM performs much better than any other S2 ROM I used. It was said many times and is understood that WM6.5 will never perform as good as WM6.1 (too bad the hybrids don't want to work properly) that's why I lost my hope that I could possibly work comfortably on WM6.5 + Sense 2.5 ROM.
Your ROM gave me a new spark of hope ;) I really congratulate :D

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
Aaaahhhh.... You talked about that! I'd never thought you could possibly read it this way, sorry! :D That's why two guys from Poland should speak/write Polish to each other :D:D And I will be more careful what I write. ;)
OK, enough of this off topic then! I will post some feedback tomorrow after day 2!

iamugly

Mar 15, 2009
you are the only cook in the world who is more focusing on improve performance and reduce the overhead in runtime.

unlike other ROMs such as Energy ROM, which only threw latest stuff into it and let it eat all memories and batteries only for getting it eye-candy.

you're simply the best cook in the world, hope you continue going this direction in the future.

looking forward to new ROM.

btw: could you please add Solitaire back to the new ROM. we need some entertainment while waiting in bus

Last edited:

kenikh

Nov 18, 2009
you are the only cook in the world who is more focusing on improve performance and reduce the overhead in runtime.

unlike other ROMs such as Energy ROM, which only threw latest stuff into it and let it eat all memories and batteries only for getting it eye-candy.

you're simply the best cook in the world, hope you continue going this direction in the future.

looking forward to new ROM

+1!!!

I got tired of the bloatware and found Jacko's S2. An amazing piece of engineering and attention to detail.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read the fifth post before flashing my ROM.

Download:
    Jackos ROM repository

GSM ONLY, DO NOT FLASH ON CDMA

All those roms have exact the same base, just some components are changed to fit anyone.

Goals for my ROMs: (ordered by importance, descending)
    1. Reliability
    2. Battery life
    3. No memory-leak (or at least trying to minimize this issue)
    4. Memory friendly, multitasking ability
    5. Stock speed

ROM versions explained:

JackFULL
    - CHT2.0.0

JackFULL legacy
    - CHT1.8.5

SkrobPRO
    - CHT1.7.1

ManilaRUSH
    - Sense 2.5 only (4 column quick links [CHT1.6.1])

ShowLITE
    - Sense 2.5 only

SmartMOVE (bonus release)
    - Sense 2.1 only (some mods to make it feel like Sense 2.5)

SleekBASIC (bonus release 2)
    - TF3D 2.1 only
    Hi Jackos. First of all thanks for nice clean ROM, seems to me works pretty well for my needs. Just one little strange problem. I can not find SIM Manager anywhere. Am using Vodafone in Ireland. Have you any idea why?

The SIM mangager is present in the system (as \Windows\SIM_MGR.exe), only a link is not placed in the Start Menu. A quick fix is:
    Copy a file \Windows\SIM_MGR.lnk into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs (or subfolder of Programs) and you will have it in Start Menu.

Or you can go to Windows Contacts (Start Menu -> Outlook -> Contacts) then Menu -> Sim Manager

hey guys dont forget to thank jackos,seem and other great people
    use the new thx button dont be afraid just remember that you have 5 thx per day (didnt read about that till i wasted mine lol) ;)

Seems like the "thanks" feature works only in new xda layout. I was about to write that it disapeared but I still work in the old style (I got used to it...).
    I finished compiling, compressing and uploading all my 1.6.0 roms.

No big changes for this releases, but a lot of work has been done to improve my kitchen. Also a new visual change is to be noticed together with a StartMenu grid changer developed by ultrashot and featuring my layouts. There aren't many of them, but I may release a cab file to insert more possibilities.

For EVO roms the WM6.5.x build has changed to 21690. This is just a cosmetic change - I'm a huge fan of ultrashots work and if he picked this build there must be a reason for that :D Nevermind, I didn't find any downsides of this build so lets keep it for a while ;)

Standard cleanup as always.

Have fun and enjoy my latest releases, feedback is always welcome (especially if there are any complaints :D)!
    Hello Jackos,
    do you think you can keep the promised timeline for releasing S3 this weekend?
    I'm very eager to try your new ROM!
    I don't want to strain you, I'm just a big fan and every time I try another cooker's work I always repent and come back running to this thread...

I don't know yet. Got 5 out of 6 roms finished.
    In regards to the question about Android not running. It is probably due to the overclocking. If you disable the OCT first, then Android should work. (I had the same problem)

Sent from my MSM using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Good to know, makes sense because Android does overclock the device too.

Thanks and have a nice day :)