[APP] MRKAlarmEX - Agenda / Auto silent / Alarm [UPDATED 23 July]

Search This thread

millerd79

Feb 25, 2008
Ft Lauderdale
I'll look into it. Just wandering, are you under ICS?

Do you mean being sure the alarm is correctly triggered?
Cause you should see the next alarm on your lock screen...
Maybe I could add something on the main screen (where the alarm list is displayed) and/or create a widget...?

Yes that exactly what I mean....on my phone epic touch 4g...on the lock screen it does not show the next alarm...were the alarm list is displayed would be perfect...I could never trust the app 100% to wake me up unless i knew it knew when to wake me.:)

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
The alarm built in to my Xperia PLAY does not have a timer and it routinely dismisses itself. I've watched it do it once without even making a peep and also had it quit as I am still reaching for it at least a few times. More often it quits after I pick it up, which made me to think I pressed something on the screen accidentally for the first few frustrating weeks. Now I know better. Anyway, I have exchanged the phone once already and it appears to be a problem with the design of the phone. I think it has something to do with the erratic motion sensors (noted by other users) or the magnetic relay switch responding to the vibration motor (phone unlocks when slid open).

With this in mind, I'm looking for an alarm with the following features:
A timer (no need to create and save an alarm)
A function that activates the alarm without unlocking the screen AND requires confirmation once unlocked (prevents dismissing the alarm accidentally)
An option to disable sliding the phone open to dismiss (without a pin code, sliding open often unlocks)

Does this app perform these functions? Is the author willing to add them?

malrok37

Sep 27, 2007
The alarm built in to my Xperia PLAY does not have a timer and it routinely dismisses itself. I've watched it do it once without even making a peep and also had it quit as I am still reaching for it at least a few times

Does this app perform these functions? Is the author willing to add them?

Hi!

ATM, my application only supports existing alarms, ie alarms you set up, save, activate and so on.
If I understand your needs correctly, you would like to launch the application and, say, have it ring six hours later.
That would not be hard to do, and I would be willing to add the feature if you want.

Regarding the "overriding unlock screen", it should work as you want it to.
You may test it and give me feedback if you want ;)

rogier666

Jan 27, 2011
androidblog.site666.info
Promising app, lots of potential, could become my default alarm app if...

Short version:
There are some bugs to kill and features to add before MRK can replace Alarms Solo on my phone. Use sounds from internal memory in case I forget to reconnect my SD card, clean up the main screen because grey text on a grey background is not a good idea, one shot alarm which sounds only once if you don't set a day (now it doesn't sound at all, unless I set a day which makes the alarm recurring), and a few more things which could be improved.

I wrote a long version too.

MovieGene

Apr 11, 2008
Atlanta
Having fun playing with this.

The agenda settings are confusing me. I was thinking it reads my calendar and based on the triggers, it can make a dynamic alarm.

But, perhaps not? Or user malfunction?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
Hi!

ATM, my application only supports existing alarms, ie alarms you set up, save, activate and so on.
If I understand your needs correctly, you would like to launch the application and, say, have it ring six hours later.
That would not be hard to do, and I would be willing to add the feature if you want.

Regarding the "overriding unlock screen", it should work as you want it to.
You may test it and give me feedback if you want ;)
Thanks. I'll check it out when I get home. :) Glad to see such a responsive developer.

malrok37

Sep 27, 2007
To all: I have fixed ICS agenda problems :)

Promising app, lots of potential, could become my default alarm app if...

Short version:
There are some bugs to kill and features to add before MRK can replace Alarms Solo on my phone. Use sounds from internal memory in case I forget to reconnect my SD card, clean up the main screen because grey text on a grey background is not a good idea, one shot alarm which sounds only once if you don't set a day (now it doesn't sound at all, unless I set a day which makes the alarm recurring), and a few more things which could be improved.

I wrote a long version too.

First of all, thanks for your feedback :)
I've been looking at your remarks, and trying to correct bugs and add features.
I will release my next version when all is implemented!

Having fun playing with this.

The agenda settings are confusing me. I was thinking it reads my calendar and based on the triggers, it can make a dynamic alarm.

But, perhaps not? Or user malfunction?

That is exactly what the program should do.
Say you have an entry named "Day off" in your "Work" calendar, you should select this calendar, add a rule set up so that it's triggered when "Day off" appears, ringing at the time you want (or at the time of the entry)
What problem are experimenting?
What is your set up on this?

MovieGene

Apr 11, 2008
Atlanta
To all: I have fixed ICS agenda problems :)

First of all, thanks for your feedback :)
I've been looking at your remarks, and trying to correct bugs and add features.
I will release my next version when all is implemented!

That is exactly what the program should do.
Say you have an entry named "Day off" in your "Work" calendar, you should select this calendar, add a rule set up so that it's triggered when "Day off" appears, ringing at the time you want (or at the time of the entry)
What problem are experimenting?
What is your set up on this?

I guess my confusion is from after I set up the entry, the alarm list shows a different time instead of the triggers time, and if I select it and press edit, the previous rules are missing.
4ab01c19-4b0d-d749.jpg
4ab01c19-4b17-ec95.jpg
4ab01c19-4b21-a6f1.jpg

Thanks,
Gene

malrok37

Sep 27, 2007
I guess my confusion is from after I set up the entry, the alarm list shows a different time instead of the triggers time, and if I select it and press edit, the previous rules are missing.
4ab01c19-4b0d-d749.jpg
4ab01c19-4b17-ec95.jpg
4ab01c19-4b21-a6f1.jpg

Thanks,
Gene

Ok, I get your problem...
You will see the list of rules you have set after you have selected your calendar again. The application displays the list of rules set to the selected calendar, so as long as you have selected no calendar, nothing is displayed.

Concerning the time displayed in the alarms list, it is the time defined in the first tab of the alarm. Should you have set no days in that list, but have some calendar rules defined, I understand your confusion when you see a sidplayed time that has no link to what you wanted to have...
I am planning to modify the display of this list, so I will take your concern in consideration :)

Thanks for your feedback

Reactions: MovieGene

algarues

Feb 14, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
How does this app perform in term of memory consumption and allowing deep sleep on the phone while being on the background?

For instance on my phone things like gentle alarm normally suck a good 10% of battery overnight.

So, since your app will be running on the background all night long, please
try to maximize its energy efficiency.

I will try and compare in the following days.

If you can consistantly claim a better battery performance for your alarm app, it will make it a sure hit.

malrok37

Sep 27, 2007
How does this app perform in term of memory consumption and allowing deep sleep on the phone while being on the background?

For instance on my phone things like gentle alarm normally suck a good 10% of battery overnight.

So, since your app will be running on the background all night long, please
try to maximize its energy efficiency.

I will try and compare in the following days.

If you can consistantly claim a better battery performance for your alarm app, it will make it a sure hit.

I did not compare the battery consumption with another app, or with a phone MRKAlarm-free, but I could tell you that I entirely rely on system alarms, which should mean that the battery should not be affected.
The only part that could drain your battery is the option to have an alarm when battery gets low, as this part consists on a service...
Should you try it, I would like to have your feedback :)

H89P

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 1, 2011
Munich
www.facebook.com
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey, just downloaded the update.

And I don't want to demotivate you but the agende still doesn't work for me.

The problem occurs on both of my devices. I just sent you a report from my Prime.
And here is the logcat of my Sensation: http://db.tt/SrWLkddT

I hope this helps a little bit

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

malrok37

Sep 27, 2007

The problem occurs on both of my devices. I just sent you a report from my Prime.

WTF :confused:
I tested and that worked :'(
The error you are getting is when you click on the "Select an agenda" preference, right?
I guess I have some more work to give...

Reactions: H89P

H89P

Oct 1, 2011
Munich
www.facebook.com
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi
I added a few fixes which I hope will fix your issue.
Should it still be the same, I also added some logs which may help me understand what goes on, so please send me a logcat

Hey malrok37,

you doing great work here, that has do be said.
And this time there is something positive to say concerning our/my problem.

We are half way done!!

Setting the agenda now works without any problem - on the prime,...

so here is the logcat from my Sensation

logcat

I'm not a expert but I think the problem i due to Sense. Once I had a AOSP ICS Rom installed on my Sensation an the Agenda worked. Now I'm back to my favourite Rom Mike's ARHD and it doesn't work.

It is the new HTC 3.30. Base -> the Release Candidate
with stock Kernel

Hope this helps you a little bit.

Thank you for your great work and your support

malrok37

Sep 27, 2007
Hey malrok37,

We are half way done!!

logcat

I'm not a expert but I think the problem i due to Sense. Once I had a AOSP ICS Rom installed on my Sensation an the Agenda worked. Now I'm back to my favourite Rom Mike's ARHD and it doesn't work.

with stock Kernel

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback (and liking my work :p )
Glad to hear things are solved on ICS.
Concerning your other problem, I think I spotted a solution, it will be applied in the next release (hopefully tonight)

Reactions: H89P and madLyfe

H89P

Oct 1, 2011
Munich
www.facebook.com
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi,
Concerning your other problem, I think I spotted a solution, it will be applied in the next release (hopefully tonight)

That's great to hear,

but the thing is, just got the next problem. Perhaps you already got the message.
When the Alarm was about to ring, there was a FC. It was set up as agenda.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me introduce you my new application :)

Market link

MRKAlarm is not just another alarm clock for Android, it brings all new options you will find nowhere else:
    - silence period definition: when an alarm is triggered, you can define a period of time when the phone will be automatically put in silent / vibrate / lowered mode
    - link with Google Calendar: say you have a day off, or you work with a schedule, should it be defined on a Google Calendar of your account and MRKAlarm be set up, you will not have to switch the alarm on / off anymore. MRKAlarm will be able to adapt and ring or not on the correct time.
    - alarm on low battery: when the battery get low, an alarm can be automatically triggered.

Plus it brings all the commonly found features such as:
    - MP3 playlist for your alarm
    - Shake to snooze
    - Progressive volume

If you like my work, you may donate via PayPal

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7A4WNEVVEN5XE
    Hey malrok37,

We are half way done!!

logcat

with stock Kernel

Hi,
    4ab01c19-4b0d-d749.jpg
    4ab01c19-4b17-ec95.jpg
    4ab01c19-4b21-a6f1.jpg

Thanks,
    Gene

Ok, I get your problem...
    You will see the list of rules you have set after you have selected your calendar again. The application displays the list of rules set to the selected calendar, so as long as you have selected no calendar, nothing is displayed.

Concerning the time displayed in the alarms list, it is the time defined in the first tab of the alarm. Should you have set no days in that list, but have some calendar rules defined, I understand your confusion when you see a sidplayed time that has no link to what you wanted to have...
    I am planning to modify the display of this list, so I will take your concern in consideration :)

Thanks for your feedback

WTF :confused:
    I tested and that worked :'(
    The error you are getting is when you click on the "Select an agenda" preference, right?
    I guess I have some more work to give...

Hi
    I added a few fixes which I hope will fix your issue.
    Should it still be the same, I also added some logs which may help me understand what goes on, so please send me a logcat