[Q] Not able to uninstall apps

Search This thread
Mar 3, 2012
Alrighty, so I rooted using the Indirect method and I have tried unsuccessfully for a long time to unroot it. I have come to terms with the fact that I can't unroot it.
My biggest issue that I need help with is uninstalling/installing apps. Uninstalling apps removes them from the app tray, but only until the device is rebooted. Nothing STAYS uninstalled. Same with installing apps. It installs and runs while the device is on, but as soon as it reboots, the app is gone.
Anybody got any ideas? :confused:

Mar 3, 2012
I don't flame noobs as I am one, but question. Why did you post this question if you wouldn't accept help and no one can help?
The suggestion you were given is proper if you have a 16gb NT that came as 1.4.0. It will work if you are able to complete the task properly. It formats appropriate partitions and then rewrites them with zeros then places 1.4.0 recovery and reboots recovery. It does work; for me at least. I have used numerous times.
I keep an sdcard with this and another with cwm boot ready at all times as I tend to try new things regularly.

I'm asking for help on my app problem. I'm not flaming anyone. I'm just saying that I already asked for help a month ago on how to unroot my NT and, while lavero.burgos was very helpful, it was never solved, even trying the several ways to unroot she and others suggested. I'm not looking for help on how to unroot/reroot. I've tried the Adam Outler post and it doesn't work on my NT. It won't boot into CWM. And I can't use ADB. (see here for my original post on unrooting)
As I've said, I accept that I cannot unroot my device for whatever reason. I just need help with my app problem. I even installed Titanium and uninstalled the unwanted apps. Rebooted and they all came back. My NT is like 10-Second-Tom from 50 First Dates, I swear lol

Mar 3, 2012
Also, side note, I'm pretty sure the reason the acclaim update doesn't work is because my NT doesn't have the B&N firmware on it anymore. I brought my NT to B&N and the guy tried resetting it for a while and he couldn't get it to reset. He said it was because there wasn't any B&N firmware left.

Mar 3, 2012
Like I said, it was rooted using the Indirect method. So it was reset to 1.4.0 before rooting. It now reads as 9.9.9. It's a 16g.

Mar 3, 2012
OK, sorry...haven't been able to get to trying out the suggestion.
When I do the Adam Outlet Ubuntu method, it just reboots a bunch of times (almost like 8 failed boots) and then boots up like normal. No Ubuntu, nothing. Just boots up like there's no SD card in.
Next suggestion?

DsrtRazr

Dec 26, 2011
Goodyear
Alrighty, so I rooted using the Indirect method and I have tried unsuccessfully for a long time to unroot it. I have come to terms with the fact that I can't unroot it.
My biggest issue that I need help with is uninstalling/installing apps. Uninstalling apps removes them from the app tray, but only until the device is rebooted. Nothing STAYS uninstalled. Same with installing apps. It installs and runs while the device is on, but as soon as it reboots, the app is gone.
Anybody got any ideas? :confused:

I think this is going to be more than you want to do, but I used this method last night on two 9.9.9.9 rooted NT 16g to repartition internal card and start from scratch. This is the easiest method I have found. Worth a shot for you.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663836

mm_d

Jan 26, 2011
I can't solve this problem(yet). It can be some kind of software lock or bad memory chip. My NT is booting from sdcard now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I've got the same problem, with a couple others added in just for the fun of it. Haven't found a solution yet, but a lot of help from xda and I was pointed to this thread. I thought I'd add my name to the list of people with this issue so we all keep up hope.

Also, I believe my comparison to Groundhog Day a couple months ago was way better than a comparison to 50 First Dates.