[ROM] Update 16/10/10 | Archos Android 4.0.4 - Stock Firmware 4.0.24 - Root version !

Search This thread

Bi0haZarD

Oct 19, 2007
Asus Transformer TF300T
LG G3
I had the same problem stuck at Archos Logo, connect the tablet to the PC with USB cable turn on the tablet when logo appears disconnect the USB cable tablet booted into 4.0.24 I reverted to 4.0.7. Back running ICS Blue Vers 3 . Hope this helps.

Thx for trying to help bro, the thing is that i upgraded to the official stock 4.0.24 .aos file from archos site...not the rooted one provided by surdu... i'm stuck on the archos static boot logo, no bootanimation...before i was on 4.0.7 stock rooted by surdu and had installed official sde...i downloaded the file from ARCHOS while it was offered for the 101g9, reformatted device, installed official 4.0.7 stock, removed sde, installed sde again and flashed the official stock 4.0.24.
I havent seen my recovery yet nor i can boot into sde anymore...that was my story how i turned 340eu into an ARCHOS labeled BRICK :mad: :mad: :mad: THANKS TO ARCHOS

Sent from my Nexus One using xda app-developers app

UUK3

Aug 1, 2007
The Changelog sounds very good.
Updating today.
THX for the rooted version. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

DragosP2010

Jul 12, 2010
Braila
@Petru: I'm confused.
Your advice is to install this or nor?

If yes, how do install over AOKP? Install first ICS@Blue/4.0.7 official, or directly over AOKP?

(80 G9, 250G Turbo)

hitman72

May 22, 2008
ortona
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
installed (without installing official 4.0.24) over ICS@BLUE V03 and seems to work well. with the "new" super user, I had to reinsert all root permissions (root explorer, directory bind, su on terminal, clocksync etc.). I have to thoroughly test the touchscreen (if I have time :( ), especially if it dies after a long standby. ciao :eek:

scholbert

Aug 1, 2007
@Petru: I'm confused.
Your advice is to install this or nor?
No advice here, but i assume that the squashfs image of the new firmware itself should be intact.
My guessing is that something is wrong with the combination of the new bootloader and devices manufactured in 2012.
As long as you stay with the 4.0.7 boot block (leave 4.0.7 stock image) it should be save.
Surdu's kernel+initrd is placed as custom image in the rawfs section and his rooted image gets stored in the data section, so should be safe to try this combination (stock unrooted 4.0.7 paired with custom rooted 4.0.24).
This way the SDE is left untouched as well, so recovery is possible at any time.

installed (without installing official 4.0.24) over ICS@BLUE V03 and seems to work well. with the "new" super user, I had to reinsert all root permissions (root explorer, directory bind, su on terminal, clocksync etc.). I have to thoroughly test the touchscreen (if I have time :( ), especially if it dies after a long standby. ciao :eek:
Pushes my statement above...

Regards,

scholbert

Last edited:

muti642

Aug 4, 2012
I installed the firmware 4.0.24 archos site and 4.0.24 of surdru the root, everything works correctly, do I uninstalled or I risk nothing?

svennimann

Jun 18, 2009
Freiburg (Brsg.)
Originally Posted by muti642 View Post

I installed the firmware 4.0.24 archos site and 4.0.24 of surdru the root, everything works correctly, do I uninstalled or I risk nothing?

Hi !

If it works , take it !
....warning only for those who have not installed the update and wanted to do !

Sorry.

This i didnt understand. (muti642 ) :)
The official update seems to be offline, but as the rooted version is an image it should be safe.
For what your warning?
And sh**, i installed your latest kernel.
Matter or not? My device is from 2011.

Thank you.

p.s. sorry for my pm about wlan, i didnt know thesse news at this time and i realize that you, Surdu, are quite empoyed.

Edit:
So what do you guys think? Firstly downgrade to 4.0.7 and then like post 1 in this thread?
Is it enought to flash old kernel from surdu 4.0.7 over kernel 3.0.21 if i have fw 4.0.7? (to be really sure)

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Originally Posted by muti642 View Post

Sorry.

This i didnt understand.
The official update seems to be offline, but as the rooted version is an image it should be safe.
For what your warning?
And sh**, i installed your latest kernel.
Matter or not? My device is from 2011.

Thank you.

p.s. sorry for my pm about wlan, i didnt know thesse news at this time and i realize that you, Surdu, are quite empoyed.

Edit:
So what do you guys think? Firstly downgrade to 4.0.7 and then like post 1 in this thread?
Is it enought to flash old kernel from surdu 4.0.7 over kernel 3.0.21 if i have fw 4.0.7? (to be really sure)

Hi !

Ok ...sorry !

Right now you can use the last build kernel 3.0.21 from Archos source ( 12/10/2012) !

This kernel is safe 100% and will not break any device !!!

Reactions: reelnoob

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
The new kernel 3.0.21 is out ! ( update 12/10/2012)

Hi !

This update boot_img_4.0.24 should be work fine in all Archos Gen9 !

zImage -> updated to the last source code on 12/10/2012 !
initramfs -> updated to the last firmware 4.0.24 10/10/2012 !

Safe kernel 100% - will not break any device !
Is just Stock kernel 3.0.21 for intermediate firmware 4.0.24 !

Also , this kernel you will be able to find in the next official Archos update firmware 4.0.25 !

For all those with already installed version 4.0.24, please re-flash this new update !
( put your device on SDE mode , go to Flash kernel & initramfs , copy here zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo and restart your device ! )

Good luck !

Last edited:

svennimann

Jun 18, 2009
Freiburg (Brsg.)
Confirmed.

Thanks Surdu.

Did one reboots on archos screen.
then optimazing apps.
looks good.
:cyclops:

Wow, seems all apps are counting in one step up to 164.
Yep.
Actualizing
4-5 Minutes till all is okay, i enjoy.

Only wifi - hope it will doo it (had my device for some days in my full bag ...)

@all - mine is from 2011 !

Reactions: surdu_petru

muti642

Aug 4, 2012
Hi !

Also , this kernel you will be able to find in the next official Archos update firmware 4.0.25 !

For all those with already installed version 4.0.24, please re-flash this new update !
( put your device on SDE mode , go to Flash kernel & initramfs , copy here zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo and restart your device ! )

Good luck !
install sudru good work, my score I / O on a quadrant passed 875 against 750 before :) god bless you

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
install sudru good work, my score I / O on a quadrant passed 875 against 750 before :) god bless you

Hi !

I'll enabled I/O to ~5000 in my next Custom Rom !
The Score I/O is ~5000 in stock firmware but is desabled in root version for some unknown reason !
Now working in the next update ...a very slim and fast rom based on firmware 4.0.24 !

Last edited:

muti642

Aug 4, 2012
I already languished, when it will be available? thank you again for your works for archos user.

IngoPan

Jan 11, 2011
Some strange things happen in .24 for me. Pinch to zoom suddenly happens, apps behave "strange". Navigation is somewhat impossible at times.
Someone else experience such problems in .24 ? Thanks in advance.

muti642

Aug 4, 2012
yes actually there are concerns on the memory management of firmware 4.0.24 from Archos but set in Developeur option (no application in the background) rom becomes fluid. for firmware and rom sudru it works perfectly one bug after long period of inactivity the tablet needs a reboot otherwise it becomes very slow unstable. Looks forward to the update archos and surdru.
ps: the screen when it is working much better this is a treat.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi !

Some screenshot for the new Custom Rom !

screenshot2012101412394.png

Change log :
  • android system:
    • busybox updated and proper installed ;
    • activate ZRAM ;
    • all apk /system/app & /data/app zippaligned on boot ;
    • optimize database with sqlite3 ;
    • optimize /system ext4 with new tweaks;
    • fix permissions ;
    • tweaks network;
  • kernel :
    • enabled init.d to run scripts ;
    • enabled I/O -> fast /data as in stock firmware 4.0.24 ! ( max ~ 5000 on Quadrant )
    • encrease I/O on kernel with dinamic fsync() ; ( max ~ 7000 on Quadrant )
    • enabled CLEANCACHE ;
    • enabled ZRAM ;

The new custom rom Clean_Slim&Fast V01 is in upload !
...if the upload will not be stuck ...than I'll relase today 14/10/2012 !

upload successfuly ...so, stay tuned and check my new THREAD !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to evryone !

Archos 80/101 Gen9 ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware 4.0.24 - Root version !

This Rom can be installed only if you previously enabled SDE .

Untouched the last Official Firmware 4.0.24 ! - additionally includes only ROOT access !

Update 16/10/2012

Now should work on any device Gen9 !

Change log :
    • replaced module touchscreen /lib/modules :
      • cpt_i2c_tsp.ko
      • cypress-tma340.ko
      • pixcir_i2c_tsp.ko
      • tr16c0-i2c.ko
    • new optimized initramfs ;
    • replaced Superuser to fix some root issue !
    Download :

First release 10/10/2012

Change log :
    • Android: IceCream Sandwich 4.0.4 version
    • Media Center: network indexing on network shortcut menu (+), network shortcuts creation is proposed on network share directory long press
    • Media Center: new simplified Movie/TV Shows/All Video views
    • Media Center Video: new video information view with backdrop display and chooser (click on backdrop to change it)
    • Media Center Video: poster can be changed by clicking on it in the video Information view
    • Video Scraper: faster media information retrieval process. Note that in the migration process, all your video scraper information will be lost.
    • Subtitles: ability to download and save subtitles for network shares
    • Media Center: add video search
    • Media Center Music: Album art swipe gesture support
    • Remote control: control your tablet with your TV remote through HDMI on TV compatible hardware (directional pad, multimedia and color TV remote keys)
    • Archos Remote: support of remote touch pad
    • Wi-Fi: new more robust driver
    • Media Center Video: fix audio desync for some MPEG4/AVI files
    • Media Center Video: fix MPEG PS/VOB audio track selection
    • Media Center Video: fix UPNP playback of large files (>4GB)
    • Media Center Video: fix seeking in some TS files
    • Media Center Video: fix playing certain MKV files
    • Media Center Video: fix playing certain H264 files
    • Media Center Video: improve DVD/VOB playback in case there are IFO files present
    • Media Center Video: add support for MPL2 subtitle format
    • Media Center Video: improve playback of H264/AAC TS files
    Download :
    • please download the last Archos Firmware 4.0.24 Root version :
    • stock firmware 4.024 ext4 format : archos.ext4.update -> Archos_ICS_4.0.24.zip
    • Update 12/10/2012 - stock firmware 4.0.24 boot image : zImage & initramfs -> boot_img_4.0.24.zip
    Installation :
    • connect USB cable and enable USB debugging
    • to avoid any problem - recommend to be installed over the official version 4.0.24 !
    • extract archos.ext4.update from archive Archos_ICS_4.0.24 and put it on device - or with adb : > adb push archos.ext4.update mnt/storage/
    • extract zImage & initramfs.cpio.lzo from archive Kernel_4.0.24
    • go to SDE menu ( on power menu chech reboot and after a few seconds press and keep volume down ! )
    • if you have already installed official firmware , go to Developer Edition Menu -> Remove android kernel
    • go to Flas Kernel and Initramfs -> copy here zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo in the new driver that will appear
    • Ok , wait to reboot & enjoy it !

screenshot:

regard,
    Surdu Petru
    Hi !

Some screenshot for the new Custom Rom !

screenshot2012101412394.png

Change log :
    • android system:
      • busybox updated and proper installed ;
      • activate ZRAM ;
      • all apk /system/app & /data/app zippaligned on boot ;
      • optimize database with sqlite3 ;
      • optimize /system ext4 with new tweaks;
      • fix permissions ;
      • tweaks network;
    • kernel :
      • enabled init.d to run scripts ;
      • enabled I/O -> fast /data as in stock firmware 4.0.24 ! ( max ~ 5000 on Quadrant )
      • encrease I/O on kernel with dinamic fsync() ; ( max ~ 7000 on Quadrant )
      • enabled CLEANCACHE ;
      • enabled ZRAM ;

The new custom rom Clean_Slim&Fast V01 is in upload !
    ...if the upload will not be stuck ...than I'll relase today 14/10/2012 !

upload successfuly ...so, stay tuned and check my new THREAD !
    The new kernel 3.0.21 is out ! ( update 12/10/2012)

Hi !

Good luck !

Hi !

I'll enabled I/O to ~5000 in my next Custom Rom !
    The Score I/O is ~5000 in stock firmware but is desabled in root version for some unknown reason !
    Now working in the next update ...a very slim and fast rom based on firmware 4.0.24 !
    surdu, still no overclock?

Hi !

Not yet ...but for sure will be soon !
    On Overclock Edition :
    • - oc cpu enabled ;
    • - oc gpu enabled
    • - control voltage enabled ;
    - but I need more time to implement all these things !
    :good: