[ROM] [4.2.2] [April 07 2013] VJ CM10.1 | Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - v6.0 for N1

Search This thread

blarblargs

Sep 24, 2010
the rom is great, thank you. my issue is that my connection drops after navigating anywhere in the play store.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007
Great job!
The only problem I found so far is the reported FC of advanced settings in WIFI.

Thanks to the developer!

fc_themaster

Jun 6, 2010
The ROM is fast and smooth but I've problem with notifications volume... if i play notification sounds with a music player (apollo, google music)the volume is normal, but when I receive an email or an sms the volume is very low... i've controlled volume settings and they are all at max.
I've also camera flickering in photo and some FC in normal use (2-3 for day).
I also noticed a lot of battery drain.
Thanks for your work and excuse my english.

Reactions: javi9909 and Gablu

Gablu

Nov 18, 2011
Karachi
Everything is working fine... Here are the Issues I found.

1. If I get a call and don't pick it, when the call drops from the other end.. The phone freezes. The soft keys remains lightened. I had to put my battery out to restart it again.

2. Secondly, If I click the Power button or the track ball the screen some times doesn't wake up rather the Nav keys wake up only, after few tries i get to screen woken up.

Waiting eagerly for the reply..
Regards
Gablu.

Sent from my Nexus One using xda app-developers app

vijendrahs

Feb 13, 2012
Bengaluru
Everything is working fine... Here are the Issues I found.

1. If I get a call and don't pick it, when the call drops from the other end.. The phone freezes. The soft keys remains lightened. I had to put my battery out to restart it again.

2. Secondly, If I click the Power button or the track ball the screen some times doesn't wake up rather the Nav keys wake up only, after few tries i get to screen woken up.

Waiting eagerly for the reply..
Regards
Gablu.

Take backup of your SD card and do full wipe including SD card and format all partitions properly (one time only)
Flash the ROM as mentioned and let me know.

Reactions: Gablu

Nognir

May 27, 2012
Been testing this rom since yesterday. Only problem that occurred was random reboots which were fixed by ticking the memory management options (zRam to 18%) and wiping cache/dalvik. Video recording still isn't up to par (quite choppy framerate) but at least it's supported. Overall I'm impressed and waiting for further fixes/improvements.

jolinnard

Sep 3, 2009

1- Happened to me 1 time only. But after a reboot it doesn't happened again :eek: Then I tried to call from another phone 5 times and don't happened anymore.
2- Not happened to me.

avirendra

Jul 3, 2009
OnePlus One
Hi
In CM 7 version we had a option to chose Tablet settings under Cyanogenmod settings. That option use to allow notification bar at the bottom and most importantly option to disable lock screen. If we chose that option N1 never use to get locked, even if Company IT admin policy requires PIN to lock and unlock device. Even if we enable Corporate server specific security policies, N1 never use to get locked. Your 10.1 doesn't seems to have such option. This feature was not under security, but under Cyanogenmod settings

It's really annoying to key in password 100 times a day, because of Company IT policy. If there any way we can enable such CM 7 feature to disable lock screen on 10.1. Please let me know if you need any further information on this feature.

Thanks in advance for answer.

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
I am finding the room very good.

An issue that I get is every time I reboot the phone, I am asked to select the launcher from 3 launchers (I have nova prime and adw ex also). This happens even though I select nova as default launcher.

Any ideas?

Regards
Greg.

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium

avirendra

Jul 3, 2009
OnePlus One
Install apps called System Rom toolbox from Google play. Open app and go to option. Delete system application and delete system launcher from there. Among remaining 2 un install one not needed

Does this help?

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007
Hi
In CM 7 version we had a option to chose Tablet settings under Cyanogenmod settings. That option use to allow notification bar at the bottom and most importantly option to disable lock screen. If we chose that option N1 never use to get locked, even if Company IT admin policy requires PIN to lock and unlock device. Even if we enable Corporate server specific security policies, N1 never use to get locked. Your 10.1 doesn't seems to have such option. This feature was not under security, but under Cyanogenmod settings

It's really annoying to key in password 100 times a day, because of Company IT policy. If there any way we can enable such CM 7 feature to disable lock screen on 10.1. Please let me know if you need any further information on this feature.

Thanks in advance for answer.

Not sure if i understand you well but I can disable lock screen on this build without problems
Just add the button (Lock screen) in quick settings and then you can quickly enable / disable the lock screen.

hipocrazy

Mar 13, 2008
I'm wondering what primary steps must be taken prior to flashing this Rom? Blackrose etc.?

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
Install apps called System Rom toolbox from Google play. Open app and go to option. Delete system application and delete system launcher from there. Among remaining 2 un install one not needed

Does this help?

But i don't want to UNINSTALL the other 2 launchers.
There are times when i INTENTIONALLY use one of these launchers.

Earlier, once you select a DEFAULT launcher it used to remain as DEFAULT
even though you reboot many times and even if you have multiple launchers
installed. In this rom, every time i reboot, the default selection goes away and
i have to reselect the one i want as default.

sphinxcs898

May 12, 2012
San Jose
But i don't want to UNINSTALL the other 2 launchers.
There are times when i INTENTIONALLY use one of these launchers.

Earlier, once you select a DEFAULT launcher it used to remain as DEFAULT
even though you reboot many times and even if you have multiple launchers
installed. In this rom, every time i reboot, the default selection goes away and
i have to reselect the one i want as default.

Hmm.. I suppose this is because you have moved your launcher to your SD card and hence on reboot, it is still not ready to be loaded. The other launcher, which might have been in Internal would have been loaded. If you wait for awhile (till the SD card apps are loaded) and then press the Home button, you should be able to see your default launcher listed there.

Why don't you keep the launcher you wanna use in Internal memory, then set it to Default?

avirendra

Jul 3, 2009
OnePlus One
Not sure if i understand you well but I can disable lock screen on this build without problems
Just add the button (Lock screen) in quick settings and then you can quickly enable / disable the lock screen.

Thanks for the reply. Even I can disable lock scree easily from settings. But once you configure Corporate account, company server enabled security policies make it mandatory to lock the screen with PIN. And then all screen disable options under ''security'' setting are disabled. You can not disable lock screen then. In CM 7 there was way out to keep screen unlock under Cyanogenmod settings-Tablet settings. Here even if security settings makes it mandatory to lock with PIN, screen used to be unlocked because of CM settings.

If you have used that Tablet settings under Cyanogenmod 7 or 7.2, you would know,what I am referring to. But thanks for your reply. I will wait for more help from senior members on the forum to suggest solution.

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord

Does this help?

Hmm.. I suppose this is because you have moved your launcher to your SD card and hence on reboot, it is still not ready to be loaded. The other launcher, which might have been in Internal would have been loaded. If you wait for awhile (till the SD card apps are loaded) and then press the Home button, you should be able to see your default launcher listed there.

Why don't you keep the launcher you wanna use in Internal memory, then set it to Default?

Will try and revert, but i am using a2sd with apps/data/dalvik on sd-ext.
Wonder if the launcher gets installed into sd-ext.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is Alpha release Smoothest CM10.1 VJ Jelly Bean 4.2.2 v6.0 for N1

Cm10.1.jpg

Hboot : 250MB System
    A2SD Support (Use Terminal Emulator provided)

Note: Please do not mirror the download links

Download link

Version 6.0
    Download with GApps
    (Follow my 2nd post steps)

Version 5.0
    Download with GApps

Version 4.7
    Download with GApps

Thanks to:
    CyanogenMod github->https://github.com/CyanogenMod
    Evervolv github ->https://github.com/Evervolv
    Note: If you have not followed these steps and running into issues, don't post in this thread instead post in General Section
    Wipe full except SD card, flash the ROM
    Run A2SD script from terminal emulator provided
    Go to Settings -> Launcher -> Homescreen -> Check "Stretch screens", Un-check "Scroll wallpaper", Check "Wallpaper quick render"
    Make sure to check your APN settings are correct and change if it's different. Turn of GPS if not used, tap 7 times on Build Number to get Performance and Developer options.
    Reboot and wait for 5min
    Steps to execute A2SD script:
    Open terminal emulator provided in the rom.
    Type the following commands
    # su
    # a2sd install
    Y
    N
    Y​

Soft-Nav functionality:
    To enable flash this zip
    To disable flash this zip​

What is working:
    CyanogenMod settings
    Soft-Nav
    Mobile Network
    Calls
    3G/Data
    Wifi
    WifI Tether
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Sound
    USB
    Camera
    Video Recording (Still choppiness, use MX Player with S/W decoder for playing)
    HWA
    Video Playback without any flickering
    Flash light
    Notification lights
    FM Radio (Use Spirit FM, go to Settings -> Audio -> qsd8250)
    All games should work
    and more

CM10.1 features:

Swipe to switch -> You have to swipe the bar at the bottom below the carrier text. Video here
    New feature "cLock" settings added to CM settings (Clock widget)
    Settings -> Lock screen -> Maximize widgets : This will make weather and calendar events visible on lock screen (Chronus clock widget)

Tether to work:

Changelog:
    Version 6.0 (April 03)
    CM10.1 source updated to latest April 03
    Video Recording fix
    Advanced WiFi features updated
    HWA improvement
    Overall Performance improvement
    A lot more...

Version 5.0 (March 02)
    CM10.1 source merged with Android 4.2.2
    Lot of changes merged from CM10.1
    Calculator fixes and New features
    Email fixes and Enabling the saving of attachments
    Moved Advanced Reboot options to Developer options (Check the checkbox from Developer options)
    Fixed Alarm sound while setting alarm in normal mode
    Play sound when adjusting volume with hard keys (The Checkbox is defaulted to ON)
    Camera with HDR (select twice to turn off)
    Lock/Unlock sound changed
    New Icon for Message read
    Display of download time remaining in quick pull down
    Many more....

Version 4.7
    CM10.1 updated to latest Nightly (Feb 03)
    Increased smoothness/responsive
    Fixed Advanced WiFi Settings
    Fixed WiFi Tether default settings (change password and use)
    Full functional CM File Manager
    Lot of Webkit changes
    Replaced quick search with Google now
    "Chronus" changed to "cLock"
    Fixed Browser->Settings->Labs FC
    Many more nightly changes/fixes check complete changelog

Version 4.5 - 12 Jan 2013 Download with GApps
    CM10.1 latest build
    It is not a initial build it is most advanced build
    All most all are working as stated in the working list.
    Provide logcat if any issues, otherwise forget it.
    Fixes:

Camera Recording
    WiFi Tether fix
    Fixed Gtalk Voice Call issue
    Fixed Bluetooth issue
    Notification LED's fixed
    Soft-Nav back button size fixed
    Adjusted Soft-Nav size
    Fixed mute action in phone calls
    Fixed Wifi
    Fixed Data

etc..
    Quick update

I have fixed the Advanced WiFi settings
    WiFi Tether default credentials
    Added fully functional CMFile Manager
    and much more nightly changes from CM10.1 builds are integrated and testing.

I will update once all are tested....
    CM10.1 update...

CM10.1 updated: Version 6.0

CM10.1 source updated to latest April 03
    Video Recording fix
    Advanced WiFi features updated
    HWA improvement
    Overall Performance improvement
    A lot more...

Note: Do full wipe and flash the ROM, No need to flash GApps, just install required ones from playstore
    CM10.1 update...

CM10.1 updated: Version 4.7 (I have skipped 4.6 to give you good version)

CM10.1 updated to latest Nightly (Feb 03)
    Increased smoothness/responsive
    Fixed Advanced WiFi Settings
    Fixed WiFi Tether default settings (change password and use)
    Full functional CM File Manager
    Lot of Webkit changes
    Replaced quick search with Google now
    "Chronus" changed to "cLock"
    Fixed Browser->Settings->Labs FC
    Many more nightly changes/fixes check complete changelog
    Note: Follow the usual steps for flashing from my 2nd post.