Unofficial CM10.1 for Dell Streak 7

Search This thread

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Giveen, take a look at the source for the entropy generator included in PimpMyRom.

And fresh installed after causing some FC's with the sound mods, and used the PMR stuff one pimp at a time. The entropy stuff has some mixed reviews, but it definitely reduced lag for me. I've got 100 apps on there and am moving through the system without a hitch

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

daniel3334

Mar 11, 2011
Am I the only one getting slow as hell WiFi speeds? I have 60meg cable but I'm averaging around 20k on this rom right now. Any ideas for a fix?

Sent from my Streak 7 using xda premium

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Am I the only one getting slow as hell WiFi speeds? I have 60meg cable but I'm averaging around 20k on this rom right now. Any ideas for a fix?

Mine is working just fine

Also wanted to add, while docked on the OEM dell dock(I have one mounted in the car and one on desk at home) the mini USB from the dock to the USB on my laptop... Tab communicates great with the laptop. With the computer storage enabled of course, MTP is recognized right away

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Hi giveen,

I'm also having an issue with wifi. I'm getting very slow browser speed ( Stock Browser & Lightning Browser) and downloads from Play Store are super slow. Tried resetting my router but no change. Btw, not using flash as it's flakey on JB as it is and tends to bog it down.

Also, seeing the same issue previously mentioned by ElfinJNoty with Google Now. Immediately closes on loading a card. As always, thanks for all your efforts and the release.

Thanks,
Mike T

DerArtem

Apr 13, 2010
Bad Homburg
Hello,

I have a streak 7 with 3/4g radio running stock android 3.2.

yes, the ROM will work, but 3G won't right now.

Can you please execute the following commands as I am trying to fix 3G.

Open up one adb window and run
"cat /dev/ttyUSB0"

And in another window

"echo ATI > /dev/ttyUSB0"
"echo AT^U2DIAG? > /dev/ttyUSB0"

and paste the output here (and remove the IMEI from the output before pasting).

Thanks, Artem

Reactions: kav64

daniel3334

Mar 11, 2011
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but here's what I get. I used emulator in rom toolbox pro. Tell me what I'm doing wrong and I'll be glad to help. I did mount system as r/w before running command also

u0_a10@android:/ $ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
u0_a10@android:/ $ cat /dev/ttyUSB0
/system/bin/sh: cat: /dev/ttyUSB0: Permission denied
1|u0_a10@android:/ $

u0_a10@android:/ $ echo ATI > /dev/ttyUSB0"
> "echo AT^U2DIAG? > /dev/ttyUSB0
/system/bin/sh: can't create /dev/ttyUSB0
echo: Permission denied

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

downloading now,gitta get daughter @ school then i'll flash this when i get home to let you know how awesome it is lol!!

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Next build up

Can someone run the command that DerArtem asked?
Beta2 zip file has a Beta1 folder and seperate boot and system image files. Do we have a choice here of Fastboot or NVflash? Why the Beta1 folder name though?

Okay, I think that I get it. NVflash the first but from now on, Fastboot the boot and system files but you've also included the basic NVflash basic package, correct?

Last edited:

DerArtem

Apr 13, 2010
Bad Homburg
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but here's what I get. I used emulator in rom toolbox pro. Tell me what I'm doing wrong and I'll be glad to help. I did mount system as r/w before running command also

u0_a10@android:/ $ cat /dev/ttyUSB0
/system/bin/sh: cat: /dev/ttyUSB0: Permission denied

u0_a10@android:/ $ echo ATI > /dev/ttyUSB0"
> "echo AT^U2DIAG? > /dev/ttyUSB0
/system/bin/sh: can't create /dev/ttyUSB0
echo: Permission denied

Please run "su" to get root access. You may also need to enable root access for ADB in Dev Setting if you are using Android 4.2.

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Beta2 zip file has a Beta1 folder and seperate boot and system image files. Do we have a choice here of Fastboot or NVflash? Why the Beta1 folder name though?

Might just be a naming error, I just dropped the latest boot/system images into the same folders, renamed the zip, but forgot to rename the internal folders of the zip.

Let me fix this and reupload.

Fastboot flashing is not working with these builds for some reason. Could just be me.

Last edited:

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
check the way you have folders within the zip, that might explain why just dropping the new images into the zip didn't go to the correct directory within the zip

i just unziped the zip, dragged the new boot and system into the beta 1 folder, and am nvflashing now (install jb alpha e)

help us help you giveen, let's clean up the folder order and naming so we dont get confusion from the casual followers of the thread.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Might just be a naming error, I just dropped the latest boot/system images into the same folders, renamed the zip, but forgot to rename the internal folders of the zip.

Let me fix this and reupload.

Fastboot flashing is not working with these builds for some reason. Could just be me.
Yeah, I just found that out! The boot and image files are dated today but in the folder they are earlier versions. Maybe dropped them inside the folder and NVflash???

daniel3334

Mar 11, 2011
Derartem is this better?

u0_a10@android:/ $ su
u0_a10@android:/ # cat /dev/ttyUSB0
ATI AT^U2DIAG?
Manufacturer: huawei
Model: EM820U
Revision: 11.810.09.06.00
IMEI: ***********
+GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES

NO CARRIER

Reactions: dhigby

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for the development progress of the Dell Streak 7 running Jelly Bean Android 4.2.1 using Cyanogenmod 10.1 as the basis.
    It is now being moved up a version, from Alpha 1.0 to Beta 1

This reverts us to the ICS-B4 partition layout. The reason being is that Dell decieded to be different and it causes problems with the sdcard fuse daemon. But switching to this layout, it allowed the sdcard daemon to work correctly and give us more space.

Developers:
    DerArtem - CM10.1 Port
    giveen - CM10 (10.1) Port / Kernel Updates
    geramy - Various Tweaks and help with getting sound on CM10 working
    DJ_Steve - Original Developer and teacher

Cyanogenmod team - for making the port actually pretty easy
    geramy - for all your incredible help getting sound going.
    snargledorf - basically rebuilding CM9 for the Dell Streak 7 , to which I was able to base my work off of.
    DJ_Steve - for teaching me and all the tips and putting up with my annoying questions
    My wife - giving me grace and putting up with the hours I put into this
    (oops forgot a couple people)
    _motley - for clues onto framebuffers and overlays failing, without him it would have never booted
    Borkata - for help with wifi and other little hints.
    pengus77 - for helping me fix wifi on CM10.1 (and invertly new changes on CM10 had the same problem)

Run the appropriate flashing .bat, start the device up all the way to the lockscreen.
    Reboot to Recovery, go to Mount > Use Internal Storage > Install > your_Android_4.2.2_gapps.zip (go download the gapps for Android 4.2.2)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    http://goo.im/devs/giveen

Beta 2.1:
    Updated kernel 2.6.36.3 -> 2.6.36.4
    TWRP 2.4.4 -> 2.5
    Updated Source

Beta 2
    Working:
    GPS
    Bluetooth
    +previous

Beta 1
    Working:
    Boots!!!
    Touchscreen
    Hapatic feedback
    External SD
    Internal Storage
    Power button
    Brightness
    Root
    Capacitive buttons
    WIFI
    MTP
    Sound
    Sensors

Not Working:
    camera (what do you think I am...a miracle worker?)
    External Microphone

What else doesn't work...I"m still checking it all out.
    RESEARVED

5aj0k4.jpg

14tlkqu.jpg

14bazs.jpg

zbv2q.jpg

2e1bqy8.jpg

1zhpb8.jpg

So just a little update:
    Motherboard will be back tomorrow, will put in that night. I am going to backup all my data and reinstall my Windows and Ubuntu 12.04. I want some fresh start as Ubuntu has been giving me some hiccups.

First step is to update code, build a copy and test the Univeral ADB driver and also update TWRP.

Since I've done Goo.IM as our host, I've had 1591 downloads :) Very happy to see that number.
    Nearly half a year and this thread is not dead, Im amazed! :) Giveen gives everyone hope. Thanks you Giveen!

Motherboard arrives this week, and I'll be getting back to work on this. Next release I am plan on putting in the tablet UI.