[ROM][4.4.2][YP-G70] BeanStalk 4.4+ [US/INT] [METICULUS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
So far the new kernel is working well. I can't overclock though, because apparently the voltages won't stick, and without adjusting them I get reboots.

Great job and thanks for compiling and posting it!

Edit: No reboots so far on 1320 MHz. So maybe voltages do stick. In performance settings it says setting to apply: 1375mv and current voltage: 1310mv though... And stays like that even after a reboot. 1310mv could never be enough for my hardware before. But who knows, your ROM and kernel are so stable, that maybe the device just doesn't get stressed enough to panic.

Actually the player feels like a multi core 1gig ram device now.
The name nutella is well deserved :p

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: lildel0804
M

Meticulus

The only problem I've encountered is the INT nutella kernel will occasionally cause the device to reboot. I have it OC to 1520 MHz and have your suggested performance tweaks enabled.

So far the new kernel is working well. I can't overclock though, because apparently the voltages won't stick, and without adjusting them I get reboots.

Edit: No reboots so far on 1320 MHz. So maybe voltages do stick. In performance settings it says setting to apply: 1375mv and current voltage: 1310mv though... And stays like that even after a reboot. 1310mv could never be enough for my hardware before. But who knows, your ROM and kernel are so stable, that maybe the device just doesn't get stressed enough to panic.

Sorry to hear about the reboots guys.... I haven't had even a hint of a reboot, but my player is USA...

@ratyfu , you seem to be sure that the reboot is related to voltage so I'll investigate voltages. If you find stable voltages for your device, let us know that they are...

EDIT: A new version of BeanStalk has dropped and nutella will be integrated in.!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the reboots guys.... I haven't had even a hint of a reboot, but my player is USA...

@ratyfu , you seem to be sure that the reboot is related to voltage so I'll investigate voltages. If you find stable voltages for your device, let us know that they are...

On every Rom and every kernel I've used so far I couldn't get my player to be completely stable above 1400MHz, no matter which voltages I used.
On <4.4 Roms I've been using Sultan's and Koala's kernels. Koala had LiveOC enabled, which let me overclock to 1400MHz.
Both overclocked the GPU as well. Sultan had INT voltages set to:

400MHz: 1100mV
800MHz: 1100mV
1GHz:1100mV
1.1GHz: 1125mV
1.2GHz: 1125mV
1.32GHz: 1125mV
1.4GHz: 1125mV
1.44GHz: 1150mV
1.52GHz: 1200mV
1.6GHz: 1225mV
1.7GHz: 1225mV
which also let me overclock it to 1400MHz (or maybe even 1600, I am not sure if that was completely stable for days.)

As to ARM voltages, I think they were something like this (or very close):

1600MHz: 1450mv
1520MHz: 1425mv
1440MHz: 1400mv
1400MHz: 1375mv
1320MHz: 1350mv
1200MHz: 1325mv
1100MHz: 1300mv

But as I said (and double-checked) my changes to voltages on your kernel do not get applied and I don't get any reboots (so far) on 1320 MHz and standard voltage anyway. Also on the older kernels I never got as much system stability as on yours. Even when it didn't reboot it often hung, now it never does.

Tl;dr: Your voltage settings up to 1320MHz seem to be fine, and above that it might just be my player's hardware that fails. No need for you to be sorry for our reboots, you didn't create our hardware ;) If you need me to test new voltages or anything, I'd happily do it. If not, I'm happy with my player as is :) Thanks a bunch!

TheKryptonite

Sep 24, 2012
Great ROM, but I have three questions:

1, How do I disable the Google thing that's similar to PIE?

2. Why can't I save anything to my SD card when I try to download something via the Internet browser?

3. Is the BeanStalk Init.d scrip/Build.prop Mods supposed to become uncheckd when he exit settings?

M

Meticulus

Great ROM, but I have three questions:

1, How do I disable the Google thing that's similar to PIE?

2. Why can't I save anything to my SD card when I try to download something via the Internet browser?

3. Is the BeanStalk Init.d scrip/Build.prop Mods supposed to become uncheckd when he exit settings?

1. Um... You mean "Halo"?

2. I don't know... everything I download with the browser goes to /sdcard/download...:confused:

Before applying these settings make sure you remount system.
Method 1:
adb root
adb remount

Method 2
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
in terminal app

TheKryptonite

Sep 24, 2012
1. Um... You mean "Halo"?

2. I don't know... everything I download with the browser goes to /sdcard/download...:confused:

1. I assume it's Halo. I disabled it, but it still popped up.

2. When I used Dolphin, it said something insufficient permissions. With Opera, I can't even select the SD card folder (sdcard1).

Also, I'm guessing Viper4Android doesn't work with BeanStalk?

Last edited:
M

Meticulus

1. I assume it's Halo. I disabled it, but it still popped up.

2. When I used Dolphin, it said something insufficient permissions. With Opera, I can't even select the SD card folder (sdcard1).

Also, I'm guessing Viper4Android doesn't work with BeanStalk?

1. Is it like a blue circle thing? I just tried enabling and disabling and everything was fine:confused:
2. I just tried Opera and everything was fine...:confused:

Viper4android will work just as on CM. Just make sure system is remounted rw when it first runs/does that driver thing ( I think I don't use V4A)

Is this your first KitKat ROM?

TheKryptonite

Sep 24, 2012
1. Is it like a blue circle thing? I just tried enabling and disabling and everything was fine:confused:
2. I just tried Opera and everything was fine...:confused:

Viper4android will work just as on CM. Just make sure system is remounted rw when it first runs/does that driver thing ( I think I don't use V4A)

Is this your first KitKat ROM?

Edit: Apparently, it was popping up because I had search (long press) enabled on the navigation bar.

I COULD try reflashing the ROM, but I don't feel like wiping my data.

On PowerAmp, it says that the ROM is not supported (Direct Volume Control).

Yes.

Last edited:

TheKryptonite

Sep 24, 2012
Does anyone have problems with the Google Play force closing/stop working, acore stop working, and Google Maps force closing?

TheKryptonite

Sep 24, 2012
No. Try using pa mini gapps. If you want do a full wipe, if not clear cache and data of the affected apps.

Yeah, I did a full wipe and everything seems to be going well (with the exception of Gapps closing, once). I was using PA Mini Gapps, btw.

Last edited:

lildhiel08

Feb 2, 2014
Change Log
http://www.scotthartbti.com/index.php/beanstalkbuilds/

Known Issues
  1. "Settings -> BeanStalk options -> Display and animations" causes settings to FC
  2. GPS ( Wifi Geolocation OK )
  3. Limited photo snap resolution on rear cam.
  4. Screen recording does seem to work?"

help me how to remount my system? after i type in terminal the mount -o remount,rw/system it says mount [-r] [-w] [-o option] [-type] device derictory? pls help me im not familiar with this :(

Last edited:

lildhiel08

Feb 2, 2014
its there anyone to try folder mount in this rom??:confused:

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How do I install these?

Thanks ahead!
    By the way I just updated to the lastest version of the rom and the keyboard is huge I see only part of it and the buttons are really big, it's like it doesn't fit to the screen. but everything else like apps and icon are in a normal size. what should I do?

Did you format system (in mounts & storage) and wipe data & cache before installing ROM ??

I'm no expert, but I think I know how to install custom recoveries: Download the file(s) from the links provided; Unzip or extract the file(s). Use ADB to create the /cache/custom_recovery directory and copy one of the 2 files to your device into that directory. There's lots of help available here and elsewhere to learn how to use ADB.
    Settings -> Personal -> Apps Permissions -> Device

anyone help me how to less my ram used? because all of my apps eat my ram? see my screenshot :(

Go to settings then performance control and tap the menu button and switch to tabs. Swipe to left to get to memory settings. From there select how you often you want to kill apps. After that check to automatically set on reboot. Then reboot your device. I hope this help. Thank you all.

Any update ?

ANY update for this rom ? i like this rom.. very smooth in all games like nba2k13 and 14 ..