Homescreen icons always redraws

Search This thread

devilmaycry2020

Apr 27, 2013
hi all

my Xperia TX 4.3 maybe have problem all icon at main home screen always redraw when i run an app then quit by press Home button, i add
this code ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 to build.prop but didn't solve my problem. please help me. thanks.

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
ok, i've got it. check Disable HW overlays in develop options and no more redraw icons

http://www.jeffmixon.com/examining-build-prop-tweaks-android-ics-comprehensive-guide-part-2/

I recommend reading part 1 also, but just to summarize:

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ – BUSTED

This property is supposed to “keep the launcher in memory” under the assumption that it would somehow make it faster. Unfortunately, this is a leftover Gingerbread property that no longer functions in ICS.

Gingerbread:

Code:
// These values are set in system/rootdir/init.rc on startup.
HOME_APP_ADJ = getIntProp("ro.HOME_APP_ADJ", true);

ICS:

Code:
static final int HOME_APP_ADJ = 6;

Google likely removed the ability to configure this value via a build.prop setting in ICS so that users could not set inappropriate values here.

SUMMARY
As we have seen many times already, there are no “magic properties” that you can set that will simply make your phone [insert desired superlative]. That is not to say that all build.prop settings are pointless. Some can actually provide some useful functionality. The key is not to blindly throw a slew of “tweaks” into your build.prop, but to carefully consider each one and know what they do (if anything) before using them.

That’s it for part two. Let me know what build.prop settings you want to see in part three!

If you really want to keep your launcher in memory, you can use App Settings (xposed module); I know for a fact it works because I use it, or you can even do it yourself with a script such as:

#!/system/bin/sh

sleep 60
PPID=$(pidof com.whatsapp)

echo "-17" > /proc/$PPID/oom_adj

To lower the oom value of the app you want to avoid getting killed off by android.

Reactions: devilmaycry2020

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok, i've got it. check Disable HW overlays in develop options and no more redraw icons

http://www.jeffmixon.com/examining-build-prop-tweaks-android-ics-comprehensive-guide-part-2/

I recommend reading part 1 also, but just to summarize:

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ – BUSTED

This property is supposed to “keep the launcher in memory” under the assumption that it would somehow make it faster. Unfortunately, this is a leftover Gingerbread property that no longer functions in ICS.

Gingerbread:

Code:
    // These values are set in system/rootdir/init.rc on startup.
    HOME_APP_ADJ = getIntProp("ro.HOME_APP_ADJ", true);

ICS:

Code:
    static final int HOME_APP_ADJ = 6;

Google likely removed the ability to configure this value via a build.prop setting in ICS so that users could not set inappropriate values here.

SUMMARY
    As we have seen many times already, there are no “magic properties” that you can set that will simply make your phone [insert desired superlative]. That is not to say that all build.prop settings are pointless. Some can actually provide some useful functionality. The key is not to blindly throw a slew of “tweaks” into your build.prop, but to carefully consider each one and know what they do (if anything) before using them.

That’s it for part two. Let me know what build.prop settings you want to see in part three!

If you really want to keep your launcher in memory, you can use App Settings (xposed module); I know for a fact it works because I use it, or you can even do it yourself with a script such as:

#!/system/bin/sh

sleep 60
    PPID=$(pidof com.whatsapp)

echo "-17" > /proc/$PPID/oom_adj

To lower the oom value of the app you want to avoid getting killed off by android.