New stock update now no sd card

Search This thread

petest

Dec 3, 2004
Surrey
My s5 is a completely stock UK model on Tesco/O2. It's had a couple of system updates.

I last did one a couple of days ago and now the phone won't recognise the sd card. It initially flashed the message "sd card unexpectedly removed" (or similar).

I've tried restarting, removing sd, restarting then putting card in. All to no avail.

The card works fine in my son's s4.

Any ideas please?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Killerheels

Jan 25, 2014
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
My s5 is a completely stock UK model on Tesco/O2. It's had a couple of system updates.

I last did one a couple of days ago and now the phone won't recognise the sd card. It initially flashed the message "sd card unexpectedly removed" (or similar).

I've tried restarting, removing sd, restarting then putting card in. All to no avail.

The card works fine in my son's s4.

Any ideas please?

Have you backed up and reformatted card?
I'm having another problem, in that I can't get music to my SD card!
Have you got music on your external SD card?

petest

Dec 3, 2004
Surrey
No music. Got a few films and work pdfs.
I'm wondering if anybody else has any problems after recent updates

petest

Dec 3, 2004
Surrey
Just remembered something. When I tried to move a couple of movies to the sd using ESFILEEXPLOR it wouldn't let me. I managed to move them with the stock file explorer though.
I was reading another thread about compatible sd cards and it seems there are a few people with issues, mainly caused after transferring music to the card as opposed to leaving it in the system memory

Jan 24, 2012
I heard there were a few problems with this stock update and I was trying to avoid it because my phone was fine, no problems with really anything. It updated when I connected to WiFi... oops. Now it won't read my SD card and pretty much every time I unlock my phone, it tells me to check my back cover because it thinks it's not all the way attached. Realllyyyy annoying and I have no idea how to fix this.
Edit; I'm on an att s5

Last edited:

adie1234

Jun 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20
The warnings wont go away unfortunatly but had no sd card issue....if anything after update my screen was unresponsive till i pulled the battery

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app