[KERNEL][CM7/MIUI][03/01/12] Glitch V13.1 - OC/UV - Voodoo - Glitchy Speed

Search This thread

burakgon

Oct 26, 2010
www.burakgon.com
not here. Can't seen to get heimdall to see my sgs/ flash on my MacBook pro for months now. Have to boot into windows or use windows in VM to use Odin .. windows makes me want to kill people! Need to work out heimdall one day

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Did you install libusb drivers for heimdall?

cspiby

Jun 10, 2011
The change log for preview 5 doesn't say that it has deep idle implemented, is it in as the topic suggests?

Tk-Glitch

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2011
The change log for preview 5 doesn't say that it has deep idle implemented, is it in as the topic suggests?
Read the changelog fully and you'll see that I did remove it at some point because it was useless (due to ics bluetooth acting up), but it's added back into the next version since more people is doing the framework mod to make it work. The title is generic for V14, not specific to each preview changes.

Edit : looks like I was slow on this.

Reactions: jeebspawnshop

Sharken

Oct 15, 2010
Looking forward to deep idle in v6, fingers crossed that Team Hacksung implements the bluetooth fix in their rom -_-

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

folkg

Jun 2, 2011
Calgary
How exactly does the deep idle work, and what does it do? I have had trouble finding any real information on it. Besides people wanting it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

ktuluz

Sep 1, 2010
Coffs Harbour
twitter.com
:D..Ok I get it..nonetheless,build 14 is not imho the very best cm9 team has released.which was really the only point in the first place.yup,had said the same in cm9 thread;had two random reboots.please do take ur time with the kernel.

I agree that build14 isn't as stable as 13 for me anyway. A few random reboots I didn't get in build13. 13+pre was the best so far for me. Love your work

Mateczek

Oct 8, 2011
I' d like to see otg calble driver, voodoo color and maybe more oc levels in final version. Can you do this?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9000 za pomocą Tapatalk

Reactions: senotrius

Zatta

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    glitcholdlogo11.png

These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you can encounter with your phone or if your cat suddenly dies.
    Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help since I love cats.

Note : These kernels are only compatible with CyanogenMod and MIUI roms !

Do you want to discuss on this kernel, get the fresh news on development, or become a kernel tester ?

Join the IRC channel from your web browser
    herehttp://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=glitchkernel ! No registration needed :)
    Make sure the channel is "#glitchkernel" and you're set.

For those who already have an IRC client,
    here is the server : irc.freenode.net
    port : 6667
    Channel : #glitchkernel

Overview :
    - Up to 1.7GHz CPU OC with added bus/GPU OC (Thanks to morfic for the great base of work)
    - Undervolting (using third party apps)
    - Voodoo Sound & Voodoo Color (Thanks Supercurio & renaudallard)
    - FPS uncap (Screen running 68Hz instead of 60Hz, from 56 to 66 FPS max) from JPX source
    - Various tweaks for more smoothness and reliability
    - LED notifications using Neldar's BLN
    CHANGELOGS IN #2 POST
    The frequency/voltage & informative UV settings table is as follow for V13 kernel :

Note that these UV settings will be unstable on many devices. It's only informative.

1700 MHz - GPU@ 243 MHz - 1.500v / -> Most phones will fail here. -25 to -50mV may help to stabilize. Much stabler as unique frequency for benchmarks.
    1600 MHz - GPU@ 229 MHz - 1.500V / -> That's high and many devices will fail on this frequency. Find working UV for you if any.
    1500 MHz - GPU@ 250 MHz - 1.500V / -25mV
    1440 MHz - GPU@ 240 MHz - 1.475V / -50mV
    1400 MHz - GPU@ 233 MHz - 1.450V / -50mV
    1300 MHz - GPU@ 217 MHz - 1.400V / -50mV
    1200 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.350V / -50mV
    1000 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.250V / -50mV - If you have stability issues, try to let this one by default.
    800 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.200V / -75mV
    400 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.050V / -100mV
    200 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 0.950V / -150mV
    100 MHz - GPU@ 100 MHz - 0.950V / -200mV - (can be very different between two devices)

GPU frequency is linked to bus speed

More volts is not always equal to more stability. Try to add more UV (less volts) if the frequency you're trying to achieve is unstable.
    Considering all phones will respond differently to OC/UV, to tweak the values to suit your device will be required.

By default, no overclock/undervolt is applied. You'll need to use one of the tools below to adjust the frequencies and voltages.

-Pimp My CPU (recommended if you're using MIUI) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1018411

-Voltage Control : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=829731

-SetCPU : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419

Downloads

Glitch kernel (CWM flashable only)
    Glitch Kernel Updater app now available on the Android market to support us !
    i9000 :

- 03/01/2012 - V13.1
    Other supported devices : Captivate, Vibrant, Telus Fascinate, Verizon Fascinate

-------------------------
    Source :
    - Glitch repo : https://github.com/organizations/Glitchkernel

Who is the Glitch team ?
    - Kernel developement : ssewk2x & Tk-Glitch.
    - Public relations / web hosting : Sixstringsg.
    - App developement : Smasher816.
    - Beta testers team, with members coming and leaving :D

Credits :
    Codeworkx, Pawitp, Atinm, GuiPerPT, Unhelpful, Coolya, Morfic, Ezekeel, Zacharias.maladroit, Bilboa1, TheEscapist, Netarchy, Supercurio, lippol94, MAMBO04, Galnet, nitr8, Rahulrulez, Chadouming, renaudallard, existz, times_infinity, bearsfan85

Thanks to the donators and everyone bying the Glitch Kernel Updater app from the market, it's much appreciated and encourages us to continue our work !

Thanks to the beta testers team and to everyone helping me to debug and find new useful things to integrate !

Without all of you, this kernel wouldn't be !​
    Changelogs :

V13 - LATEST

03/01/2012 - V13.1

- Cleanup.
    - Fixed buttons freezing randomly.
    - Fixed media buttons / headset buttons.
    - Lots of GPIO fixes which eliminate phantom keypops.
    - Added updated sysfs interface for smartass governor.
    - Updated screenstate scaling script to use non-deprecated sysfs
    interface for smartass2 and other govs.
    - Back to CM7 LED Notifications.
    - Lots of changes to cypress touchkey driver to guard against phantom
    keypops and speed things up.
    - Removed CarrierIQ-related virtual serial device. It probably wasn't
    used, but now we know for sure.
    - Changes to dpram (modem kernel interface) to make the radio a
    little more stable.
    - slightly more helpful gamma table error message.
    - Moved call audio sysfs files from voodoo sound group to their own.
    - Integrated 90call_vol into the kernel zip file so people don't
    have to mess with it on their own.
    - Now possible to choose any governor as sleep governor in the recovery.
    - Vandalized bootlogo a bit.

20/11/2011 - V13

- Upstream synced to the latest at release time
    - New CFLAGS again
    - mfpu switched from neon to vfpv3
    - BLN now working correctly, with LED timeout (thanks to Zacharias.maladroit)
    - Back to hard float
    - Updated toolchain to 4.5-2011.10
    - Modified screen colors to look better (ugly gradient fixed, yellowish tint fixed). Don't use Voodoo Color punchy settings with this though (green screen likely to be back)
    - Better reactivity under load
    - 348MB RAM available
    - Better 720p video recording (less buggy)
    - Doubled SDCard read cache - Slight speed-up on SDcard read speed
    - USB power drain fix
    - Better memory management
    - Back to 3.0V for the screen - 2.6V said not to give more battery life because of the added amperage
    - Bugfixes
    - Added Cgroup timer slack to group tasks by timer slack value
    - Switched to Tree preempt RCU and added RCU boost
    - New rethemed/recolored recovery menu and bootlogo, thanks to Fate-Silver for the blood :D
    - Fixed "GLITCH" menu in recovery not showing for i9000 and Telus Fascinate
    - Better handling of the CPU frequency table, + fixes
    - Fascinate related fixes and updates from JT1134
    - Added Lazy and SmartassV2 governors
    - Fixes for SDCard handling
    - All leakage settings are now available from a single kernel. Use the GLITCH menu in recovery (recommended way to switch the values)
    - Added support of JT's 3-button recovery hack (credit to JT1134)

V12

13/07/2011 -> 29/09/2011 - V12 BETA #3

- BackLightNotifications (BLN) port, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit must use the BLN app. If it doesn't work, try Blinky. Still not fully working though.
    - Some cleaning and added tiny fixes
    - Fascinate : Now using Yamaha compass driver from ED01
    - *Temporary* fix for green flashes/colors on low brightness (reborn/still not fixed in V11 - not yet proper though)
    - Modified color multiplier to avoid yellowish tint by default
    - Enhanced cleaning script when flashing
    - Screen undervolt (from 3.0V to 2.6V) // it should help battery life
    - Lowering kernel debugger buffer
    - More work on leakage values
    - Adding some old-school (V9D) CFLAGS resulting in substantial performance and stability gains
    - 800MHz random lock fixed - not fully fixed it seems
    - Popping keyboard bug fixed
    - Make use of NEON accelerated mfpu
    - Slightly more aggressive ondemand governor default settings // searching the best balance for efficiency
    - Added a few speed enhancements
    - In-call receive audio is much louder across the board. You can now hear your significant other yelling at you if you're in a noisy area. Sorry, guys
    - In-call mic gain should see some improvement as well. Meaning your wife can now hear you apologizing better
    -- caveat: I've heard conflicting reports about this while using bluetooth. I'm investigating that, so stay tuned.
    - Overhauled the screen state scaling feature.
    -- governor setting now stays put
    -- users can now enable/disable the feature and configure it via the custom recovery listed below
    - New recovery. Screenstate scaling is controllable via recovery, and it's themed now.
    -Audio output and input controllable via script linked in OP
    -Call volume tweaks re-written to be more clean/effecient.
    -Screenstate bug fixed, doesn't cause lag anymore.
    -Upstream synced (this means you must be on the latest nightly for your device for this to work)
    -New drivers

V11

13/07/2011 - V11

- Upstream synced as always (updated recovery...)
    - More debug stuff disabled & cleanups/fixes on various things
    - Printk disabled to reduce overhead
    - Updated to linux kernel 2.6.35.13
    - OC implementation fixes and modifications (fixing overvolt in Voltage Control Xtreme as well as some other tiny things)
    - Added experimental GPU OC implementation from TheExcapist (for future use / not yet functional)
    - 1.7GHz step added - working on some pretty good phones
    - Modified touchkey/Led notifications settings from Zacharias.maladroit
    - Added SLQB
    - Added SIO and BFQ schedulers
    - Back to LZO compression for faster boot time
    - New voltage settings for more stability
    - Trying some new speed tweaks
    - Better memory management
    - 340MB of RAM available for user without breaking 720p recording
    - Preemptible Tiny RCU
    - Automated per tty task groups patch
    - Added InteractiveX governor
    - Two new branches for OC settings adapted to high and low leakage chips
    - Toolchain sorcery, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit (RIL is compiled using 4.4.3 toolchain, and everything else is compiled using 4.5.2 toolchain -> more speed and stability)
    - Enhanced Voodoo Color settings from renaudallard
    - Voodoo Sound V10
    - Allow CPU-supported unaligned accesses
    - Logcat on/off scripts (built as module)
    - Bluetooth HID support
    - New, cleaner bootlogo
    - Now cleaning old scripts, OC values, cache and dalvik cache on kernel installation - thanks to lippol94
    - Green tint on low brightness fixed
    - Switched to ondemand governor
    V10
    27/05/2011 - V10A Do not use with CM7 builds older than 23/05 (as well as the 28/05 or newer build) or MIUI -> you'll get no service !

- Now fully compatible with latest CM7 Nightly builds
    - Back to 2010.09 toolchain -> slower & less stable but needed to make a working kernel for latest builds
    - Upstream sync (bigger radio partition, headset stuff..)
    - Int voltage changes to get some stability back on all overclocked frequencies
    - A bit faster 1.5 and 1.6GHz steps - Could make these steps unstable for some, please try and report
    - Smartass governor tweaked for faster scaling up, and slower scaling down -> better stability and speed
    - OC code bugs and inconsistencies introduced in V7B now fixed (it was here to prevent sleep of death issue, now fixed)
    - Some fixes and enhancement for compatibility with Xan's Voltage Control app
    - Various tweaks for MOAR SPEED
    - Black magic

Known issues :
    - The reboot recovery command seems broken for some reason on recent builds. Probably rom related.
    - Some users still get freeze issue on boot. If you have this issue, please use the "no-optimization" kernel for you device from this post : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14180722&postcount=2077

03/06/2011 - V10B To use with newest builds only (equal or newer than 28/05) !

- Upstream sync (FM radio, new Voodoo Sound implementation, etc...)
    - Back to 4.4.3 toolchain - needed for new RIL
    - Big cleanup - rewrite from scratch
    - Many fixes
    - New tweaks for speed on 4.4.3 toolchain
    - New tweaks for stability on 4.4.3 toolchain
    - Black magic

17/06/2011 - V10C (Updated) To use with newest builds, #28+ for i9000 or equivalent

- Upstream sync (cpuidle, updated drivers (wifi etc.), Recovery 4.0.0.x, etc...) (updated as of today 17/06)
    - More debug stuff disabled
    - Dock audio support (experimental)
    - Added DIDLE (Deep Idle) support (removed, buggy)
    - New voltage tweaks for added stability on some devices
    V9
    16/05/2011 - V9A

- Merged with the now dead V8C update because of new added features :)
    - Upstream sync : Calculate battery percentage as percent of max capacity reported when battery full, new wifi driver, etc.
    - New PMEM settings for more available RAM (now 331MB)
    - 1.54GHz step added with some gentle settings for now.
    - New step by step frequency switch when scaling down (part of the Galaxy S II port from Bilboa1) - more stability on highest frequencies
    - Corrections and further tweaking on smartass governor + some fixes from Netarchy (Nexus S). 400MHz lock when screen is on removed (not needed anymore -> more power saving)
    - Higher cache for faster SDcard read speed
    - New sleep settings : Effective lock to 400MHz max when screen is off -> fix long wake up/hiccups when playing music or similar use. Be careful with your UV settings on 200 and 400MHz steps to avoid sleep of death problems ! These were not used on previous versions of my kernel (locked to 100 MHz when screen off and locked to 400MHz when screen on with a buggy gap in smartass governor forcing generally 600+ MHz)
    - 600 MHz step removed (it was generating instabilities on some phones when jumping to 800 or down to 400 when using UV)
    - Some voltage tweaks for added stability on some devices (as always)
    - Cleanups on unused/no more needed stuff
    - Little surprise, thanks to Morfic :)

- Updated to V9A² to fix SOD and some performance issues

21/05/2011 - V9B

- Upstream sync (CWM recovery 3.1.0.1, better screen colors (kills voodoo color for now and looks awful on my 0516 build, but should be good on latest), GPIO fixes, samsung modemctl...) + small changes on my side for official CyanogenMod repository compatibility :)
    - Voodoo Sound updated to V9 / cleaned voodoo color stuff until it works again
    - New cleaner bootlogo based on the one in first post, preferred by most users
    - Some additional compilation flags from Netarchy and Zacharias.maladroit (better overall performances + NEON)
    - Screen refresh frequency bumped to 72Hz (68Hz effective). It'll uncap FPS to 66 again but seems stabler than before on framerate (the divide/2 behavior happens less)
    - Added screenstate scaling script from well.heeled.man as a test (with my kernel's smartass default settings). It should give better sleep power consumption as well as better power efficiency on screen off tasks like music playing etc. by switching to conservative governor.
    If you want more information, discuss on this or contribute to enhance it, please come here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1087646
    - Adding some stuff from Zacharias.madadroit :
    - Higher battery charging temperature
    - Scheduler tweaks​

Alternative version now available (V9B-VC) using old AMOLED panel color/gamma settings and with Voodoo Color V2 added back.

24/05/2011 - V9C TO USE WITH CM7 Nightly build #12 OR HIGHER ONLY

(Updated to fix "no service" issue, but still sucks.. unstable on #12 build, very stable on others but no service)

- Upstream sync (PMEM disabled (gives 339MB RAM now), new RIL, headset fixes...)
    - Divider changes for MUCH better stability on 1.2GHz at the cost of a slight decrease on performances
    - New branch with Voodoo Color display driver and "old" color settings named "VC"
    - Fix for Vibrant no service problem - hopefully
    - Small changes on smartass governor for better scalability (reverts some old settings not needed anymore with the screenstate script)
    - Glitch logo now in update script too for nanu_x2 to be amazed when installing my kernel :D

24/05/2011 - V9D TO USE WITH CM7 Nightly build #11 OR LOWER (for i9000, or cappy/vibrant equivalent) AND MIUI ONLY

First "D" revision.. Sound like duty. It's basically a fix of a fix done to make the V9C features available for "stable builds" (considering the i9000 #12 isn't)

- Obviously all the V9C changelog
    - Using old RIL to be compatible with builds before #12 for I9000 (--> WON'T WORK with #12 for i9000 or equivalent !)
    - Replaced 1.54GHz step by 1.6GHz (1.54GHz step was somewhat useless, too close to 1.5Ghz, and slower overall because of the lower bus speed)

- I can't build Vibrant ATM, the CM7 build system is broken on this device or I'm doing something wrong but I wasn't able to fix it. Any help is appreciated. I'm sorry for Vibrant users I'm screwed.
    V8

07/05/2011 - V8A - To use with 05062011 or newer CM7 build (useable on MIUI RC8 but you'll lose camera - MIUI needs an update)

- Upstream sync (camera fixes etc.)
    - More stability fixes
    - Cleanups on OC code (found that 1.2 and 1.3GHz were very unstable compared to earlier releases)
    - More work on Vibrant/Captivate. The kernels are now available to download but are untested - for now. Feel free to try and report any problem or if all runs well. If I have enough positive reviews, these kernels will be released in their respective device sections.

11/05/2011 - V8B

Upstream sync only :
    - USB switch suspend
    - TV out stuff
    - Fascinate specifics
    - Revert "Got back to previous samsung_modemctl" for 05112011 CM7 build

V7
    02/05/2011 - V7A - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build and MIUI RC8+ only

- Resurrect Voodoo Color killed by 2.3.4 merge.
    - New step for 1.5GHz on top of 1.44GHz (now 9 steps total versus 8 before)
    - Forcing 400MHz max when sleeping for added battery life (default = 800). Couldn't detect any side effect.
    - New tweaked Smartass governor now default (800MHz min when screen on). Please report your experience ;)
    - It seems the smartass governor is not working by default, it will revert to performance >< Please force it to get it to work -> Ok found the problem, I'll update in a min

- Now updated to V7A-2 to fix the governor bug :)

03/05/2011 - V7B - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build and MIUI RC8+ only

- Resurrect Voodoo Color killed by 2.3.4 merge - Again - fully working now
    - Fixed sleep of death issue when unplugged
    - Switched to LZO compression for better overall speed and reduced boot time
    - Tweaked smartass governor more for - hopefully - better battery life and a bit more responsivity
    - New voltage and frequency table rewrite as a bonus with now 11 frequencies total
    - Stability fixes on 1.5GHz step -> please test and report :)
    - Reverted FPS uncap - at least for now - for two main reasons : more stability on high GPU freqs (1.4GHz and more), and to prevent FPS limit at max/2 (33 when unlocked to 66), limiting overall performances in heavy scenes. I think there's a lack of buffering somewhere.. It will give higher scores on some benchmarks, and lower on others. A better battery life can indeed be expected too.
    - Upstream sync

05/05/2011 - V7C - To use with 05032011 or newer CM7 build and MIUI RC8+ only

- Upstream sync (better battery life, reboot recovery, etc.)
    - A general stability fix missing from V7 branch added back
    - Tiny tweaks on the voltage table
    - Big bugfix on the V7 branch (redone from scratch, cleaner)
    - Switched to 2011.03 toolchain
    - Added some optimization flags, "-mfloat-abi=hard" being one of them (up to 40% performance gains in specific cases)
    - Small improvements here and there​
    V6
    WIP
    22/04/2011 - V6pre - preview/work in progress of upcoming V6A update *test* :

- Reverted PMEM settings to new CM7 default (317MB - same as V5A)
    - Reverted some stability fixes that weren't that stable on some devices, or even prevented some to boot
    - New voltage table for a more linear increase, improving stability at default settings
    - Switched to Deadline scheduler by default as it appears more stable
    - Back to 2010.09 toolchain for speed and efficiency
    - Synchronized with last update from SGS CM7 team

Better to use CM7 04212011 update with this kernel and newer.

22/04/2011 - V6pre - update 1 :

- Battery polling bumped to 15 sec (was 1 before), it should help battery to an extent (thanks to Zach for the idea)
    - Some internal voltage tweaking to hopefully be more UV friendly
    - Bumped USER_HZ for more smoothness
    - Another -rare- bootloop fix

22/04/2011 - V6pre - update 2 :

- Added some tweaks from V5A for testing
    - Resolved a bug generating fake voltage reading
    - Resolved a bug on 400MHz step generating instabilities
    - Slight changes to the voltage table
    - Fixed a typo
    - Trying some toolchain switch - again-

23/04/2011 - V6pre - update 3 :

- Corrected Led Notifications - Now it should work properly again !
    - Various bugfixes and typo corrections
    - Toolchain change once again
    - Added new Interactive governor with aggressive settings for even more speed. You need to change it by app (pimp my cpu/cyanogen settings), it's still on conservative by default.
    (thanks Zach for your suggestion:))

25/04/2011 - V6pre - update 4

- Cleanups on Led notifications to resolve a bug (buttons stopped working randomly for some users)
    - More typo corrections
    - Voodoo Sound V8
    - Various bugfixes on CPU load and schedulers
    - CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE disabled for speed
    - Lower latency on GPU states switch for stabler performances
    - Added a stability fix for voltage change latency when frequency is changing. It should give more stability with high undervolt or big voltage differences between two steps - Please test and report ! (Thanks Zach for pointing that to me)
    - Two versions for testing purposes : V6pre-u4 is compiled using GCC 4.5.1 toolchain, and V6pre-u4(alt) is compiled using GCC 4.4.3 one. If you get instabilities on the first one, try the other and vice versa. Please report your findings on that because it was the first stability differences source between my kernel revisions. For information, V6pre-u2 was compiled with 4.4.3, and u3 with 4.5.1.

27/04/2011 - V6pre - update 5 >> 6

- Name changed from "TkGlitch" to "Glitch"
    - Cleanups on buttons (Kangsterizer)
    - Lower latency on GPU states switch for stabler performances in 3D and/or at high GPU frequency - corrected, thanks to Kangsterizer
    - Added a stability fix when frequency changes for cpufreq governors
    - Tweaked Interactive and Conservative governors for testing
    - New Frequency table : 1.5GHz is now the max selectable frequency, and 800MHz and 400MHz steps are now replaced by a unique 600MHz one.
    - Changed initramfs source to remove the annoying "E:no misc partition" error in the recovery :p

- Now bumped to update 6 to fix an issue with the conservative governor.

27/04/2011 - V6pre - update 7

- New Frequency table : 1.44GHz removed, 800 and 400MHz steps are back.
    - Battery polling bumped from 15 to 30 seconds
    - GPU power latency bumped from 10 to 60 ms

28/04/2011 - V6A - To use with 04282011 or newer CM7 build only

- New sensors drivers added
    - Normalized 1.5GHz bus speed (GPU will now run @ 250MHz versus 247MHz before. It can affect your stability !)
    - Int voltage lowered for 1.5GHz step because it did have a bad effect on lower frequencies stability
    - GPU power latency back to default - but fixed (100ms)

29/04/2011 - V6B - To use with 04282011 or newer CM7 build only

- New initramfs source to fix compass and update CWM recovery
    - 1.5GHz replaced by 1.48GHz for stability
    - New voltage table as requested by many users (+25mv on 1200 to 1400MHz steps)
    - New interactive governor for better scaling and battery life :)
    - New tweaked smartass governor for testing (pretty bad on CPU benchmarks for some reason, please test how it feels in real world use)
    - New ondemand governor from Zacharias.maladroit sources for testing :)

02/05/2011 - V6C - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build only

- Small update to merge with 2.3.4 source, no new feature.

02/05/2011 - V6C² - To use with 05012011 or newer CM7 build only

- Update to repair Voodoo Sound conflicts from 2.3.4 merge.
    - Back to 1.44GHz max to prepare 1.5GHz return

V5
    19/04/2011 - V5A - Initial release
    21/04/2011 - V5B :

- GPU overclock on 1.3 GHz added (217MHz / +8.5% from default)
    - New PMEM settings for more available RAM compared to V5A (now 328MB)
    - Stability fixes for all frequencies, needing globally less volts. Results may vary depending on the device
    - Switched to Conservative governor by default (still switchable by app). It can feel less responsive coming from idle but more battery saving, and plays better with high frequencies.
    - New voltage table. Default settings should be stabler for most devices.
    - Switched to 4.4.3 toolchain for added stability on some sensitive devices

Captivate and Vibrant support will come later. It will need more time than expected.
    21/04/2011 - V5C : Small update to fix a bootloop issue on some devices.
    About the changelogs, I'll detail it more for the last small upates, no problem.

About some lags in the app drawer or doing idle-like stuff, READ THE CHANGELOGS FFS.

About liveOC being unstable : you're doing it wrong.

About the color tweaking app missing or camera not working : ONECOSMIC'S BUILDS ARE NOT SUPPORTED.

About DIDLE and SoD : make sure your are using GB bootloader, and if your are already, it has been reported that it doesn't work on a few phones for some reason. That's why I did choose a deactivable implementation.

About light sensor not working : Please install the alpha CMparts app from Teamhacksung's build OP.

Guys, I did work on V14 totally alone, since the other kernel dev of the team was and is still working on V13.1. I didn't sleep for almost three days to be able to give you something as christmas present, and I thought about giving up a few times.. Now I'm starting to think it was a very bad idea.

Please read the changelogs, search the thread, and keep in mind you are using some alpha stuff.

Thank you to the few guys who are actually reading my posts.
    New Builds!!

Here you all go. Changelog: (I will make it prettier in the morning, I've been building kernels all day)
    • Screenstate scaling configurable via recovery
    • Recovery theme
    • Backup/resore voltages via recovery
    • BLN (disabled by default, use the BLN control app or Blinky to enable it. If the BLN control app doesn't work, try Blinky. It should.)
    • Upsream synced (this includes LPM)
    • Front cam fixed
    • Other various upstream tweaks
    • Requires latest nightlies
    Here are the builds: Don't forget to press the Thanks button
    HL
    LL
    ML
    To everyone: the thread has been cleaned. This thread is for development purposes. Not for asking for ETA's, not for discussion of other kernels, not for generic device questions. The other devs and I plus the people that help us out can only be efficient when there is nothing cluttering the thread. We tried to make a clear OP, and an extensive FAQ so that most of your questions could be answered without posting. If you find a bug, search first, then ask if you don't find your answer. I don't mind answering questions, I work hard at support. For any of your other comments, keep them to yourself, log on to IRC, or post in general. That is the policy of the Development subsection as a whole. If you don't follow the guidelines of the development section, action will have to be taken again.