[Q] Wi-fi cannot connect after 4.4.2 update

Search This thread

xchan21

Mar 24, 2011
Cybertron
Guys please help

My HTC One max cannot connect on the WIFI at my home after I updated to 4.4.2. At first I can connect when I was on 4.3 then I update it and successfully installed. The problem turned out when I reset my phone and suddenly I cannot connect to my WIFI anymore, on my office it can connect and only in my house cannot. Any idea how it can be fixed?

Appreciate and thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
Reactions: xchan21

xchan21

Mar 24, 2011
Cybertron
Thanks for your quick response and actually I already tried that trick but it wont help. I also tried to wipe cache on the recovery but still wont help.

Is there any other possible way?

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
Dubai, U.A.E - Etisalat

Hey mate, i remember you now! is your the j15 CID unit? we just got the update 2 days ago.. i thought this software had all the wifi issues fixed!

can you let me know your wifi config at home? i might suggest that you could try changing the wifi config in your home router at-least as a temporary fix.

xchan21

Mar 24, 2011
Cybertron
Hey mate, i remember you now! is your the j15 CID unit? we just got the update 2 days ago.. i thought this software had all the wifi issues fixed!

can you let me know your wifi config at home? i might suggest that you could try changing the wifi config in your home router at-least as a temporary fix.

yes dude we have been forum mates since our last device which is HOX+, and you're from dubai too right? anyway my Onemax is still stock and got update last 2 days ago, my hboot was been updated already and now in 4.4.2.

I can connect thru wifi on my office but in my home cannot. I been using an Etisalat Router WPA.

Actually I dont have idea to config it since it was not mine and we are just sharing by my flatmate. If ever I will root this and install custom ROM, possible to fix this problem? what ROM can you recommend running on 2.49 hboot.

Dude thank you so much actually since my last HTC butterfly i already stop rooting because i got so very busy now on my work, need also to review the rooting / s-off techniques nowadays.

Thank and Regards

Reactions: pradeepvizz

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
yes dude we have been forum mates since our last device which is HOX+, and you're from dubai too right? anyway my Onemax is still stock and got update last 2 days ago, my hboot was been updated already and now in 4.4.2.

I can connect thru wifi on my office but in my home cannot. I been using an Etisalat Router WPA.

Actually I dont have idea to config it since it was not mine and we are just sharing by my flatmate. If ever I will root this and install custom ROM, possible to fix this problem? what ROM can you recommend running on 2.49 hboot.

Dude thank you so much actually since my last HTC butterfly i already stop rooting because i got so very busy now on my work, need also to review the rooting / s-off techniques nowadays.

Thank and Regards

ha ha yeah, thats me in the HOX+ forums lol.

oh mate, you should have s-offed before the update.. we don't have an s-off for hboot 2.49. well i think we don't have a solution for this thing with custom ROM's. been a bug somewhere, the best solution is to re-configure your router.

we ill do this mate, get in touch with me (PM/skype) over the weekend and i ill try to help you reconfigure your router while maintaining the backward compatibility of WPA so your roomy will not have a problem :)

the weird thing though is that i too the Etisalat router and it seems to work fine :rolleyes:

xchan21

Mar 24, 2011
Cybertron

oh mate, you should have s-offed before the update.. we don't have an s-off for hboot 2.49. well i think we don't have a solution for this thing with custom ROM's. been a bug somewhere, the best solution is to re-configure your router.

we ill do this mate, get in touch with me (PM/skype) over the weekend and i ill try to help you reconfigure your router while maintaining the backward compatibility of WPA so your roomy will not have a problem :)

the weird thing though is that i too the Etisalat router and it seems to work fine :rolleyes:

very much appreciated dude, i dont know if htc will still release for the fix on this issue. i am now interested to root in even s-on will be fine as long i can install custom rom. if may help me well that would be great. maybe i will just give you a good treat in kfc or pizza hut in return :). i will pm you my contact if you are not so busy. Thank you so much dude and i appreciate your help.

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
very much appreciated dude, i dont know if htc will still release for the fix on this issue. i am now interested to root in even s-on will be fine as long i can install custom rom. if may help me well that would be great. maybe i will just give you a good treat in kfc or pizza hut in return :). i will pm you my contact if you are not so busy. Thank you so much dude and i appreciate your help.

i am confident that this will be fixed by HTC, this was the the big reason why the updates to kitkat for the original HTC One was delayed and HTC seems to have managed to fix it, atleast for the HTC One. I was thinking that this update would have fixed it and sadly not.

The original HTC one received 4.19.401.8 initially and then later on received 4.19.401.11 which fixed the WiFi issues.

i am hoping that HTC will do the same for the MAX too.

On a second thought, we could try pulling the files from that update and see if that fixes them.

xchan21

Mar 24, 2011
Cybertron
i am confident that this will be fixed by HTC, this was the the big reason why the updates to kitkat for the original HTC One was delayed and HTC seems to have managed to fix it, atleast for the HTC One. I was thinking that this update would have fixed it and sadly not.

The original HTC one received 4.19.401.8 initially and then later on received 4.19.401.11 which fixed the WiFi issues.

On a second thought, we could try pulling the files from that update and see if that fixes them.

That was a good news and better if will come true to give that update, on the other hand i have no idea how to pull that files just in case to see if will fixed the bug. im back to zero knowledge because i am not active since my last htc one+ way back 2013 :)

but anyway it was great to know you dude giving concern to those who need help. Truly appreciate

jaypeg123

Sep 20, 2009
Malmoe
I have the Nordic 4.4.2 version, and I have had problems with WiFi not connecting. But when I reboot it works again. Happend 4 times now in three days.

Sent from my HTC One max using xda premium

xchan21

Mar 24, 2011
Cybertron
how if i will wipe the data/ reset factory on the android recovery system? does it make sense as well? because i reset already to factory settings on the default settings but still it wont help. does it has any difference between the reset factory on the boot loader and the wipe data android recovery system?

xchan21

Mar 24, 2011
Cybertron
a million thanks to sir pradeepvizz for reconfiguring my router and fixed the problem with my router system. sir hats off to you and appreciate your kind help. you are awesome!! now my wifi connection works well . thank you once again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this - http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.ae/2014/02/how-to-fix-wi-fi-htc-one.html
    1. Open Settings panel and click on the "Wi-Fi" tile
    2. Tap on the "3 dots" menu in the upper right corner
    3. From the list select "Wi-Fi Direct"
    4. You will now see that your device is called "Android_ed2c". Tap on the "3 dots" menu in the upper right corner
    5. From the list select "Rename device"
    6. Replace the "Android_ed2c" with the "HTC One" text and hit "OK" button
    7. Done!
    Dubai, U.A.E - Etisalat

Thank and Regards

Thank and Regards