[Q] Cannot Get HTC M8 Update 1.58

Search This thread

sassij

Feb 5, 2010
Minneapolis
Hi All,
I have been trying to get the FW update with extreme save mode for almost a week now.
I check for software updates daily and I get the NO UPDATE found message.
Called At&t and tech support is as useful as my 3 years old kid.
Does anyone have the same problem? Solutions?
Thanks

JayRolla

Mar 8, 2011
Unlock bootloader, install Android Revolution thats been updated with latest release and you are good to go. No reason to wait till they let it work for yea when you can do it yourself.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Some M8 owners may see a delay in getting the OTA, as it rolls out sequentially, by some means (I've seen AT&T suggest its by IMEI number). A minority of folks will never get it, just by some random fluke or other (as happens on any OTA).

If you don't want to wait, the RUU is already posted. You can download to a PC, and run it with your phone connected. But it will wipe user data.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2757462

Last edited:
Reactions: sassij and CirgioD

sassij

Feb 5, 2010
Minneapolis
Some M8 owners may see a delay in getting the OTA, as it rolls out sequentially, by some means (I've seen AT&T suggest its by IMEI number). A minority of folks will never get it, just by some random fluke or other (as happens on any OTA).

If you don't want to wait, the RUU is already posted. You can download to a PC, and run it with your phone connected. But it will wipe user data.

Thanks for the tip, I tried that and it wouldn't work. Do I need root or s-off?

Also, has everyone that attempted to download things manually received the update?
I would really appreciate the responses

Android The Greek

Mar 7, 2012
New Castle

Also, has everyone that attempted to download things manually received the update?
I would really appreciate the responses

How did it not work? As long as you are completely stock with cid cws__001 it should work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Hi All,
I have been trying to get the FW update with extreme save mode for almost a week now.
I check for software updates daily and I get the NO UPDATE found message.
Called At&t and tech support is as useful as my 3 years old kid.
Does anyone have the same problem? Solutions?
Thanks

download ota package from here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491963146
put it on your micro sd card
boot to recovery "vol up and power 10 sec, vol down and power until boot loader comes up and navigate to recovery"
once in recovery its either vol up and power or vol down and power for a few seconds for advanced options
choose install update from external sd.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

No, the phone does not need to be modded to run the RUU. Its a "official" update/recovery tool provided by HTC. If you phone is stock, it should work, as the above response also indicated.

If it "wouldn't work" it would be more helpful to give details, if you want proper help. Not just say it didn't work. What step did it fail at , any error message, etc. Also, the current state of your phone (root, unlocked bootloader, etc.), as we can only assume based on your comment about root, etc.

RUU failing on a stock device is usually a USB connectivity issue on the part of your computer (not a problem on the phone's side). Install or re-install the HTC drives, try a different USB port, or a different computer (if available). If on Windows 8.1, that version is a known issue and will not work with the HTC drivers. You can also try re-downloading the RUU to make sure it wasn't damaged/corrupted during download.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.