Limit on saved wireless networks?

Search This thread

marios.v

Mar 25, 2013
Ioannina
www.mariosv.gr
Hello,
Since a few weeks now my nexus 4 just "forgets" the passwords of wifi networks I just connected with. This happens when I turn off/on my wifi in the settings or after a reboot. I'm on stock 4.2.2, rooted and i have ~250 wifi networks saved. I already checked the wpa_supplicant.conf file and all 250 networks are correctly inside. In the file there are often copies of the same network and password (only different priority) that appear when I have to re-enter a password again. I tried to delete all unused networks and with ~100 networks saved, there are no problem. Is there any limit on saved networks stored in wpa_supplicant.conf. Only up to ~150 networks are visible in wifi settings.
Any idea?

Last edited:

hhairplane

May 4, 2011
Hello,
Since a few weeks now my nexus 4 just "forgets" the passwords of wifi networks I just connected with. This happens when I turn off/on my wifi in the settings or after a reboot. I'm on stock 4.2.2, rooted and i have ~250 wifi networks saved. I already checked the wpa_supplicant.conf file and all 250 networks are correctly inside. In the file there are often copies of the same network and password (only different priority) that appear when I have to re-enter a password again. I tried to delete all unused networks and with ~100 networks saved, there are no problem. Is there any limit on saved networks stored in wpa_supplicant.conf. Only up to ~150 networks are visible in wifi settings.
Any idea?

This is very possible, as seeing how Android Police discovered a limit to Bluetooth devices: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...evices-affects-kitkat-4-4-and-jelly-bean-4-3/

I would try installing a custom ROM if this is too much of a problem, as little bugs tend to be addressed much faster with that manner.