[Q] Stuck In Download Mode

Search This thread

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Ok I have bad news for you, as to why it doesn't work. You may not like this.

The internal storage is messed up, I was wondering why this happened, and I was figuring out different solutions as to looking at every screenshot of your's I noticed that in your first code you pasted there was and error in nand write, and I searched all over if anyone else got this issue, so i referred to a friend who works in Samsung, and he mentioned that if ever there was a red text on top it meant in term's of R/W being read and write, you don't get "Write" progress.

He also mentioned that the internal storage was either damaged which is why the tablet can't even be repartitioned or flashed with a stock firmware. It's like trying to install an OS without an HDD. He said the best solution was if you were under warranty you can get the internal hdd replaced. Chances are you might get a 64GB storage. It happens. Most of the people I know who had the Galaxy S (When I was bound there) they had factory fault's and when they sent in their 4GB internal memory phone's it came back with 16GB instead. We thought it was a mistake, turn's out 5 have gotten the same results.

Hope for the best mate.
Fitz

Reactions: stusic

stusic

Mar 4, 2012
Ouch, not good news.

It is under warranty, but I'm thinking... since the internal storage is trashed, they won't be able to tell I've rooted it...

Not good news, but feel better now that the problem's been resolved. I appreciate everyone's help, especially you, Misledz. Thanks a heap.

Now to send off my tablet and see what Samsung says...

Reactions: shcassacazz

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
In a way this usually is bound to happen, due to the ignorance of samsung in not adding micro sd port to store most of your data there, it's a shame because if you had important data on the tablet there's no way to grasp it when the tablet meet's it's doomsday.

As for the root, there's no real way to tell? Because the busybox get's written onto a sector in the hardisk and rooting changes the read only settings for the phone's internal files, from read only to R/W. And since the HDD is trashed, well yeah :p pretty self explanatory

Glad I could be of help but sorry it didn't turn out as planned. Maybe that red text was telling all along that it couldn't read a boot sector.

Here's hoping for the best :)

Cheers

Reactions: shcassacazz

blackspy21

Dec 18, 2013
Teamovercome.net is gone

I'd love to get my hands on this guide (teamovercome url above) for a similar issue but the site is gone and domain is up for sale. Does anyone know if there is a copy on another site somewhere?

hael1233

Feb 11, 2014
Stuck In Download Mode

stusic Good day! Suggest you decide your problem? I have exactly the same.

bullcrap420

May 30, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi - GT-P7510 stuck in ODIN3 Download Mode

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi - GT-P7510 Model.

When I turn it on, it goes straight into Odin download mode by itself. Can't I somehow reformat the partition to wipe it out and start fresh? I have a feeling the tablet ran out of space and crashed. Now I can't write anything to it because there is no space. I don't care if I have to erase everything, but how can I repartition/reformat/re-apply the stock ROM from this situation? (It had the stock ROM when this happened btw, but it was rooted.) Odin appears to connect, but can't seem to write anything. I am not sure which version of Odin to use and which file to load and which check-box to check/uncheck because everything online seems to be all over the place with this subject. Anyone have any ideas or run into this similar issue? This is what I see when I try to load a PDA tar:

+--------------------------------------------+
| |
| ODIN3 Download Mode |
| (Protocol v2.1) |
Reason: No Kernal
Secure Mode: Secure
Check Signature: Check
Custom Binary Download: No (0 counts)
Current Binary: Samsung Official
Waitting USB Cable...
==> Connected! Press the [Start] of Odin3!!
WritePartition: Error to NvStorMgrFileWrite![err:0x30000]
DownloadPartition_odin: Error to WritePartition![err: 0x30000]
Tegra_Nand_Write: Error to DownloadPartition_Odin![err: 0x30000]

Downloading...
Do not turn off target!!

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide. It's not under warranty and i'm not sure of any other tools. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide in advance...anyone. Thank you!

In a way this usually is bound to happen, due to the ignorance of samsung in not adding micro sd port to store most of your data there, it's a shame because if you had important data on the tablet there's no way to grasp it when the tablet meet's it's doomsday.

As for the root, there's no real way to tell? Because the busybox get's written onto a sector in the hardisk and rooting changes the read only settings for the phone's internal files, from read only to R/W. And since the HDD is trashed, well yeah :p pretty self explanatory

Glad I could be of help but sorry it didn't turn out as planned. Maybe that red text was telling all along that it couldn't read a boot sector.

Cheers

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
Can you go into recovery mode? If so, then try doing a factory reset. BTW, this is the version of Odin then I use. You can try it if you want. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dib0w993qc284ki/Odin3v1.87.zip

You probably need a pit file for this but I'm not an expert here. Maybe @Soryuu can help you out.

Edit: OK nvm, I just read the whole thread, and it seems that you have to sent it back to Samsung to replace the internal storage.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: bullcrap420

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi - GT-P7510 Model.

When I turn it on, it goes straight into Odin download mode by itself. Can't I somehow reformat the partition to wipe it out and start fresh? I have a feeling the tablet ran out of space and crashed. Now I can't write anything to it because there is no space. I don't care if I have to erase everything, but how can I repartition/reformat/re-apply the stock ROM from this situation? (It had the stock ROM when this happened btw, but it was rooted.) Odin appears to connect, but can't seem to write anything. I am not sure which version of Odin to use and which file to load and which check-box to check/uncheck because everything online seems to be all over the place with this subject. Anyone have any ideas or run into this similar issue? This is what I see when I try to load a PDA tar:

| |
| ODIN3 Download Mode |
| (Protocol v2.1) |
Reason: No Kernal
Waitting USB Cable...
WritePartition: Error to NvStorMgrFileWrite![err:0x30000]
DownloadPartition_odin: Error to WritePartition![err: 0x30000]
Tegra_Nand_Write: Error to DownloadPartition_Odin![err: 0x30000]

Downloading...
Do not turn off target!!

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide. It's not under warranty and i'm not sure of any other tools. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide in advance...anyone. Thank you!

I've never come across or even heard of this problem, so I'm sorry but I don't quite know what can be done. There have been other people who hae had this problem across various forums, and only one person seems to have ever solved it somehow. You could PM them and see how they fixed the problem.

I can only really go by what was on the previous page, what @Misledz said:

The internal storage is messed up, I was wondering why this happened, and I was figuring out different solutions as to looking at every screenshot of your's I noticed that in your first code you pasted there was and error in nand write, and I searched all over if anyone else got this issue, so i referred to a friend who works in Samsung, and he mentioned that if ever there was a red text on top it meant in term's of R/W being read and write, you don't get "Write" progress.

He also mentioned that the internal storage was either damaged which is why the tablet can't even be repartitioned or flashed with a stock firmware. It's like trying to install an OS without an HDD. He said the best solution was if you were under warranty you can get the internal hdd replaced. Chances are you might get a 64GB storage. It happens. Most of the people I know who had the Galaxy S (When I was bound there) they had factory fault's and when they sent in their 4GB internal memory phone's it came back with 16GB instead. We thought it was a mistake, turn's out 5 have gotten the same results.

Hope for the best mate.
Fitz

Once again I'm sorry I can't help any further than this. I've never seen something like it, but as Misledz said it seems to be internal storage failure.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

bullcrap420

May 30, 2007
Progress bar... Stuck in Odin Download Mode --> Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510

Thanks Soryuu, Misledz, Stusic, and others posting to help with this over time. Unfortunately, my Galaxy Tab 10.1 is not under warranty so it may not make sense to send it like Stusic did. :-/

I am hoping someone can reverse engineer this thing to figure out the Nand Write. (Maybe @pershoot can help?)

I did notice something if it helps anyone on here....

I now have:
Odin1.85
Odin1.87
Odin3.04
Odin3.07
Odin3.09

I noticed if I tried to flash the stock bootloader on all Odin's except 3.07, the progress bar only moves a little bit and I get the usual write error problem codes I and others have posted. 3.07 did something different.... the progress bar pretty much got to 100% and then it crashed. Plus, the Red part of the error message looked slightly different (it had 2 more lines) if it might mean something:

Here is what I see:

=========================================================================

+--------------------------------------------------+
| |
| ODIN3 Download Mode |
| (Protocol v2.1) |
Reason: Force Key
Waitting USB Cable...
WriteBlPartition: Error to NvStorMgrFileWrite![err:0x30000]
DownloadPartition_odin: Error to WriteBlPartition![err:0x30000]
Tegra_Nand_Write: Error to DownloadPartition_odin![err:0x30000]
Bct_sync_odin: Error to NvBuBctUpdate![err:0x11000008]
Tegra_Nand_Write_Complete: Error to Bct_sync_odin![err:0x11000008]

Downloading...
Do not turn off target!!

---------------------------------------

For now... no dice on getting this thing to work, but I am still holding out hope someone might be able to help with some ideas.

Tyxerakias

Jun 19, 2010
London, UK
Thanks Soryuu, Misledz, Stusic, and others posting to help with this over time. Unfortunately, my Galaxy Tab 10.1 is not under warranty so it may not make sense to send it like Stusic did. :-/

I am hoping someone can reverse engineer this thing to figure out the Nand Write. (Maybe @pershoot can help?)

I did notice something if it helps anyone on here....

I now have:
Odin1.85
Odin1.87
Odin3.04
Odin3.07
Odin3.09

I noticed if I tried to flash the stock bootloader on all Odin's except 3.07, the progress bar only moves a little bit and I get the usual write error problem codes I and others have posted. 3.07 did something different.... the progress bar pretty much got to 100% and then it crashed. Plus, the Red part of the error message looked slightly different (it had 2 more lines) if it might mean something:

Here is what I see:

| |
| ODIN3 Download Mode |
| (Protocol v2.1) |
Reason: Force Key
Waitting USB Cable...
WriteBlPartition: Error to NvStorMgrFileWrite![err:0x30000]
DownloadPartition_odin: Error to WriteBlPartition![err:0x30000]
Tegra_Nand_Write: Error to DownloadPartition_odin![err:0x30000]
Bct_sync_odin: Error to NvBuBctUpdate![err:0x11000008]
Tegra_Nand_Write_Complete: Error to Bct_sync_odin![err:0x11000008]

Downloading...
Do not turn off target!!

---------------------------------------

For now... no dice on getting this thing to work, but I am still holding out hope someone might be able to help with some ideas.

Any luck there? I have the same problem.

Augiz

Jul 30, 2013
Alytus
Any solutions to this without internal storage replacement? Even though how much that could cost if my tab warranty ended?

2lxcq5z.jpg

Psyche28

Dec 5, 2014
I also have the same problem on gt-p7500, and need to know if someone has come up with solution???

If not, how much can it cost without warranty?

Thx

EDIT

Maybe my problem is differently???

Left one appear with samsung logo"

I can access in menu to choose between envelope guy and download mode but i can`t enter in envelope :(

Attachments

• rsz_prvi.jpg
    rsz_prvi.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 485
  • rsz_drugi.jpg
    rsz_drugi.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:

Augiz

Jul 30, 2013
Alytus
I also have the same problem on gt-p7500, and need to know if someone has come up with solution???

If not, how much can it cost without warranty?

Thx

EDIT

Maybe my problem is differently???

Left one appear with samsung logo"

I can access in menu to choose between envelope guy and download mode but i can`t enter in envelope :(

I took my tab to local repairman but he coulndt fix it, he said that probably needs to replace motherboard or bootloader microship, so i had two choises: send tab to other town, hope that it will be repaired and pay quite money or sell it for parts. I chosen second (sold it for about 30 Euros). But I would advise you to try fix it, because now i miss my good old tablet...:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This helped me and I've seen it help many others too in similar situations. Since you're stuck in download mode already it might need to be adjusted and followed from somewhere other than the beginning.
    Goto http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500/?page_id=5
    Towards the bottom of the guide There is a section called Restocking yer system.
    Follow that on down.
    Make sure you use the files for you device (7500 or 7510).
    Make sure you triple check that you follow everything as suggested. The most common one I see missed is the last step of doing a Wipe data/factory reset.
    Let us know how it goes, as this keeps us trying to help when we know we're successful.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
    Sorry well yeah I've been on offset timezone's and I tend to check this section regularly as I hope to learn more about the tablet In hopes I can get some development done on it.

In the sense I'll assure you that you can't really brick the tablet as they are somewhat hard to brick via software, unless you install a firmware that isn't compatible (Like a 7500 on a 7510) or like wipe the bootloader. Put it this way anything done in download mode is safe.

Now to your query. It can't be a hardware issue because as you can see the tablet itself boots perfectly to Odin.

I would suggest skipping the v4 of CWM and flash the v5

[http://www.mediafire.com/?6c5tdmds927npdv]
    and
    http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=15

Normally errors like this occur only because of cases like ramdisk being different. One is the 5.1 and the other is the 5.5 version, I suggest it's best to try both. I feel you will have better luck testing both. No worries they are both safe and the 4.0.4 has some issues as far as some tablet's are concerned.

Hope for the best mate.
    Fitz
    Ouch, not good news.

It is under warranty, but I'm thinking... since the internal storage is trashed, they won't be able to tell I've rooted it...

Not good news, but feel better now that the problem's been resolved. I appreciate everyone's help, especially you, Misledz. Thanks a heap.

Now to send off my tablet and see what Samsung says...

Cheers