KITKAT Running on my a50x tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

p_025

Feb 14, 2011
randomblame, don't tease me, bro!

KitKat on this tablet would be a hell of a christmas present, I tell ya hwat.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

randomblame, don't tease me, bro!

KitKat on this tablet would be a hell of a christmas present, I tell ya hwat.

droiduzr2

Jan 26, 2011
sorry guys got pneumonia and forgot I'll try to dig out the a500 when the wife goes back to work in a couple days

HEY MD!!!

Wow! Kit Kat on this tablet a501 would be amazing.
I still use this tablet because of all the connectivity.

It's too bad they did not make it charge via the USB connector.
Seems silly to have to use a big power brick all the time.

Did anyone hack this charging option?

A BIG THANKS to the OP for doing this.
I hope you get better soon.

suggestion - take some zinc (25 or 50mg tablets) and b50 b100 complex vitamins to get you recovered faster and strong.

nsciucco

Sep 12, 2012
I don't understand this thread

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

rchrdcrg

Nov 19, 2010
Branson, MO
www.youtube.com
Excellent! I was worried that development would stop at 4.3 since CM officially dropped support of all Tegra 2 devices with CM11. I sold my A500 to my dad once I got my Tegra Note, but I wanted to keep it just to see if 4.4 would breathe new life into it... at least this way I can still check that out once it arrives.

mectec

Dec 29, 2010
I flashed 4.4 build (CM11 from here) on my Samsung Galaxy Ace x and it's a huge difference, much smaller and very much faster and smoother.
The Galaxy ace x is a cheap (low end) single core phone, so if they can port KitKat to it, I have to assume it wouldn't be too hard to port it to our A500

kdejong2012

Mar 17, 2012
Houston
I flashed 4.4 build (CM11 from here) on my Samsung Galaxy Ace x and it's a huge difference, much smaller and very much faster and smoother.
The Galaxy ace x is a cheap (low end) single core phone, so if they can port KitKat to it, I have to assume it wouldn't be too hard to port it to our A500

There is a KitKat ROM available for the acer A500 - it's just not on XDA. Google it and you'll likely find it.

ryukiri

Jun 17, 2012
I found it...but I don't think he released the source :( I was planning to build a few Roms from source for us..

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Greytest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BaILYgdCAAAhl7k.jpg:large

gotta fix storage and screenshots and camera and wifi but it runs
    Ha Ha! I hear ya, When ya get time, you can help me out with my kernel kinks. Couple I just can't seem to narrow down. (just gave you more on your plate)

Pretty good the old ancient 501 stays up with the times!

lol the sad thing is I still haven't built a rom for my primary devices my nexus 4 and new nexus 7 but I'm building daily for desire hd and sero 7 pro bah humbug

working on a500 at the moment trying to fix a breakage I made when I enabled we'd selinux then I'll fix sdcard and upload a trainwreck edition

Grr ran out of time today will try again in a couple days
    sorry guys got pneumonia and forgot I'll try to dig out the a500 when the wife goes back to work in a couple days
    About time! WTH took you so long :confused:

Good going as always Mate!

MD

Lol im burried in devices seriously the a500 is sadly not getting first priority lately I'll try to put a build out tomorrow :)

So sorry for the long tease
    Awesome news. Do you think performance is better then 4.3?

performance is great better than 4.3 maybe. it's hard to quantify. My a500/a501 hybrid is in bad shape the power button fell out the other day when the kids dropped it again that and the holiday and the other devices on my desk are all slowing down my progress.