[Q] How do I participate to the discussion of CM11 dev?

Search This thread

rainwoodman

Jan 8, 2014
The forum doesn't allow me to post on that thread. and it doesn't allow me to send private message. I am getting very frustrated!

Below is my original message. Anybody please kindly forward it to the page. I am hoping it is useful for the devs.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542793

Thanks

.-------.----
Hi Cars,

I can't post to the thread (the forum doesn't welcome new users?).
Some fiddling suggests to look at the the block device IO / ext filesystem.

With CM11 0106(yours and the one on the first post) and 0105, I experience a lot of reboots / random FCs(like many others reported).
logcat records exceptions for writing files for FC'ed processes. Turns out /data is mounted ro.
In dmesg, I see a lot of block IO errors ( can't find superbloocks etc) in dmesg. /data is remounted io after these IO errors.

The hardware seems to be OK. I checked the devide (/dev/block/mmc0blk0p17) with dd, zeroing the entire partition / read out the entire partition to /dev/null in adb recovery (.5 version not the latest .6). no IO errors is reported durng these full-partition tests. Also no IO error with 10.1 (latest on your all cm thread, the one from last december).

Strongly pointing to block device/flash IO module. The difference in the kernel between recovery and the kernel in CM11 0106(all versions) or even maybe just the difference between 0106 and last reported working build(1225? I didn't test it) may help us to pin it down. What changes were in the upstream cm source between these dates?

Thanks for working on these roms!

Yu

spiked_mistborn

Nov 28, 2012
Thanks for the info, I will forward your message. I remember having some helpful things to post and being frustrated by the 10 post requirement.