JUMP! To Galaxy S5?

Search This thread

Ark1406

Jul 13, 2013
I'm jumping to the S5 or HTC One 2, considering Samsung and T-Mobile phones are always running a deal, If I were to jump on release day, I'd pay a down payment. Anyone who has previously jumped to a high end phone can tell me what they paid for the down payment? Or what kind of price to expect on the S5 with jump? Or, is it best to wait till they have a special price on the S5? Like, the note 3 was offered at no DP around December and November.

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
I'm jumping to the S5 or HTC One 2, considering Samsung and T-Mobile phones are always running a deal, If I were to jump on release day, I'd pay a down payment. Anyone who has previously jumped to a high end phone can tell me what they paid for the down payment? Or what kind of price to expect on the S5 with jump? Or, is it best to wait till they have a special price on the S5? Like, the note 3 was offered at no DP around December and November.

When I got the note 3 it was zero down (release day)

Sent from my Note 3 on 4.4.2

Reactions: BACARDILIMON

johnomaz

Oct 28, 2010

I got the Note 3 on launch day for zero down.

daneurysm

Jun 13, 2010
So all you two had to do was pay taxes, and that's it? Was there a reason you two had no down, or is no down standard for a jump user?

I believe that is based on credit worthiness, unless you have not been with T-Mobile for a certain amount of time. I got my S4 in August and they told me it would be $150 down, unless I have held an account with T-Mobile for some amount of time (A year? I forget), in which case it would be $0 down.

I just Jumped to my N3 a few weeks ago and it was $0 down...which makes little sense, but, whatever.

I have great (not perfect, but up there) credit...and I've got the feeling that their bar isn't terribly high.

Then again, depending on the associate you deal with you never know how things will go down. My sister just told me how her last bill was for over $1000 because after Jumping the associate didn't credit back the original EIP balance on top of charging the entirety of her new phone balance directly to her account. I suggested going to the police as that seems like some intentionally shady business.

On the other hand my last 2 bills have not included an EIP payment at all and my device is showing $0 balance and I'm wondering if the associate perhaps screwed up completely and did the opposite of what happened to my sister. (The transaction took almost 3 hours somehow...I'm not sure he was entirely literate, even though he was a really nice guy).

I'm sure people with so-so credit walk in with no previous T-Mobile account and walk out with a $0 down N3 all the time...give it a shot. Hell, try different stores and see what you come up with.

Reactions: Ark1406

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
It is 100% based on your credit. They take your Social and run it and depending on how good your credit is means if you have to put anything down or not.

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
Yeah it depends on your credit. I have **** credit. There was a 0 down for good credit, 200 down for ok credit, and then there was me.... 360 down. You would think they would give me a break since I've been with them for 3 years and have paid off 3 phones early.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
It is 100% based on your credit. They take your Social and run it and depending on how good your credit is means if you have to put anything down or not.

They will only run it when you open your account unless you request it to be run again.

For JUMP to be efficient you need to upgrade on the 0 down deals if your credit allows. I think 0 down is a staple now so when the GS5 comes I'd expect it to be 0 down as well

Sent from my SM-N905T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ark1406

drag&fly

Nov 19, 2013

Do you already have a NOTE3? Because if so, all I got out of it was you were going to downgrade.

Ark1406

Jul 13, 2013
Do you already have a NOTE3? Because if so, all I got out of it was you were going to downgrade.

Haha, I do have a note 3. I love it, and I understand in some ways its a downgrade, but if I can jump to the S5 for almost free, and jump again to the note 4, almost free again, why not?

drag&fly

Nov 19, 2013
Haha, I do have a note 3. I love it, and I understand in some ways its a downgrade, but if I can jump to the S5 for almost free, and jump again to the note 4, almost free again, why not?

Yeah I hear ya for sure..... I rooted my stepsons S4 today and I was like "so this is a nifty little toy" lol! For me it's just the screen and S-pen..... I never put it away and don't want to live without it. The Note series has me really spoiled. The 5 has some cool stuff going on but the note 4 is gonna be rediculous I'm sure and have the same + features. If you do jump to the S5 please let us know your impressions and likes/dislikes.

Ark1406

Jul 13, 2013
Yea, I already know what to expect. A mediocre phone with nifty features that mainly serve as bragging tools lol. But agreed, the Note 4 is mind boggling. I'm sure we're all expecting huge things. Since the note series is the only series that actually had huge changes every year, unlike galaxy and iPhones

Reactions: d12unk13astard

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Yea, I already know what to expect. A mediocre phone with nifty features that mainly serve as bragging tools lol. But agreed, the Note 4 is mind boggling. I'm sure we're all expecting huge things. Since the note series is the only series that actually had huge changes every year, unlike galaxy and iPhones

If you root you might be screwed with the introduction of Knox 2.0. You might not want to make the jump till it cleared by a dev clearing Knox.

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3

Reactions: d12unk13astard

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks

Ugh I hate jump, it's a gimmick really. You have to give tmobile your damn near paid off phone for a new phone just to do the same thing over and over again. I understand this sounds good to some people but if you ask me it's never really your phone even though your making all these steep payments monthly. I don't think I'll be able to sell my note 3 for a long time, it's the best phone I've ever used since 2009 and I gave the g1 a try (never cared for cell phones til than). But even if I did sell it.. I know I could get back more cash from a 3rd party than I could from t mobile.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Ugh I hate jump, it's a gimmick really. You have to give tmobile your damn near paid off phone for a new phone just to do the same thing over and over again. I understand this sounds good to some people but if you ask me it's never really your phone even though your making all these steep payments monthly. I don't think I'll be able to sell my note 3 for a long time, it's the best phone I've ever used since 2009 and I gave the g1 a try (never cared for cell phones til than). But even if I did sell it.. I know I could get back more cash from a 3rd party than I could from t mobile.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

For those of us grandfathered into the old JUMP it's an awesome deal. Here's how:
My wife has an HTC One. 0 down. $25 per month. After the 6 months she had paid $150 on it. The EIP when we traded it in was 430 IIRC. She jumped to a Note for $50 (tax). T-MOBILE paid off the rest of the old phone. The HTC One in perfect condition isn't going for anywhere near the 430 she owed on it.

The key is that if you pay 0 down AND don't paid a dime more then your payments you will make out in the end. ONLY if your on the old JUMP plan, the new one is a little rougher.

Ark1406

Jul 13, 2013
If you root you might be screwed with the introduction of Knox 2.0. You might not want to make the jump till it cleared by a dev clearing Knox.

Not quite, every phone is bound to have a root eventually. We have an unlocked bootloader, so it would be much easier. T-Mobile doesn't care about Knox, that's a Samsung thing. And If Knox 1 hasn't been able to be reset yet, i doubt version 2 will be exploited.

Ark1406

Jul 13, 2013
For those of us grandfathered into the old JUMP it's an awesome deal. Here's how:
My wife has an HTC One. 0 down. $25 per month. After the 6 months she had paid $150 on it. The EIP when we traded it in was 430 IIRC. She jumped to a Note for $50 (tax). T-MOBILE paid off the rest of the old phone. The HTC One in perfect condition isn't going for anywhere near the 430 she owed on it.

The key is that if you pay 0 down AND don't paid a dime more then your payments you will make out in the end. ONLY if your on the old JUMP plan, the new one is a little rougher.

I have the new jump plan, I just switched to tmobile around December. I had at&t before, so regardless, i'm use to paying $200 for a new phone. And considering how many people have got their note 3 with 0 down, I might have a chance at getting the S5 0 down. If not, paying around $150 for a new phone isn't at all bad when it retails for $700

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Not quite, every phone is bound to have a root eventually. We have an unlocked bootloader, so it would be much easier. T-Mobile doesn't care about Knox, that's a Samsung thing. And If Knox 1 hasn't been able to be reset yet, i doubt version 2 will be exploited.

Well considering that they are gonna gave their own secure playstore to be used on the phones not to sure what direction they gonna go with it. They can change it at any giving time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When I got the note 3 it was zero down (release day)

Sent from my Note 3 on 4.4.2
    So all you two had to do was pay taxes, and that's it? Was there a reason you two had no down, or is no down standard for a jump user?

I believe that is based on credit worthiness, unless you have not been with T-Mobile for a certain amount of time. I got my S4 in August and they told me it would be $150 down, unless I have held an account with T-Mobile for some amount of time (A year? I forget), in which case it would be $0 down.

I just Jumped to my N3 a few weeks ago and it was $0 down...which makes little sense, but, whatever.

I have great (not perfect, but up there) credit...and I've got the feeling that their bar isn't terribly high.

Then again, depending on the associate you deal with you never know how things will go down. My sister just told me how her last bill was for over $1000 because after Jumping the associate didn't credit back the original EIP balance on top of charging the entirety of her new phone balance directly to her account. I suggested going to the police as that seems like some intentionally shady business.

On the other hand my last 2 bills have not included an EIP payment at all and my device is showing $0 balance and I'm wondering if the associate perhaps screwed up completely and did the opposite of what happened to my sister. (The transaction took almost 3 hours somehow...I'm not sure he was entirely literate, even though he was a really nice guy).

I'm sure people with so-so credit walk in with no previous T-Mobile account and walk out with a $0 down N3 all the time...give it a shot. Hell, try different stores and see what you come up with.

They will only run it when you open your account unless you request it to be run again.

For JUMP to be efficient you need to upgrade on the 0 down deals if your credit allows. I think 0 down is a staple now so when the GS5 comes I'd expect it to be 0 down as well